PDA

View Full Version : NPH early afternoon Monday

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 05:33 PM
Hey guys,

I told myself after yesterdays trip, I wasnt going to fish today ( I was just REALLY tired and sore, lol). I was just going to chill at the house. "NPH" kept ringing in my head, so I grabbed the gear and left my house.

Had to make a quick stop first, Mahi Tackle in HB. I have driven by this place 1,000 times, and never checked it out. I should have, its a nice little shop, and the people were very friendly. I picked up my GULP, and headed to NPH.

I arrived around Noon, and started out at OG Vic's and my 007 top secret spot. Third cast, my rod doubles over on the retrive, so I set the hook hard! Another nice fish, another spit hook!!! :Evil: Lol..I will get a pig...eventually! Gave that spot a lil more time, and headed South towards my 007 top secret spot. Fished about 12 spots in between for zip, and finally got to my spot.

Made a few casts, got rattled, and set the hook. Another beast! :ROFL:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10094.jpg

All good, the skunk was off...finally. So fished my spot for awhile and finally got this after missing about 3 fish, liitle better grade...

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10093.jpg

Fished that area a while longer, and decided to fish the South side of the area I have been fishing.

I must have fished at least 30 different little spots, not even a strike. So, I headed back to my spot, and got this.....

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10095.jpg

For his size and species, he REALLY fought well! CPR, gave it awhile longer, and had to get home to get Britney from school.

Another skunk free day in NPH,,,,,guys im TRYING to get bigger fish for you for my reports...Ill get them......eventually!! :ROFL:

Drop Shot Setups I used today :

1. 2/0 Owner Worm hook
2. 5 inch GULP Sardine jerk shad
3. 1/2 oz sinker

1. #2 Mosquito hook
2. 4 inch GULP camo swimming mullet
3. 1.2 oz sinker

CATCH AND RELEASE!!!

Thanks for reading!!

GD

megafisher94
05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
good job on the dinks. a few small fish are better than none.

victor101
05-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the NPH report gd. I couldnt believe that a fish would give you a good fight and then simply come off the hook...until it happened to me. U will get him eventually!

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 06:07 PM
good job on the dinks. a few small fish are better than none.

they pulled harder than your dabs!! :ROFL: jk homie..thanks man!!

Thanks for the NPH report gd. I couldnt believe that a fish would give you a good fight and then simply come off the hook...until it happened to me. U will get him eventually!

and that is why im SO glad it happened to you....lmao....thanks man...it was at our spot, and i know it was our fish damn it!!!!!

GD

flyngby
05-04-2009, 07:14 PM
Steve,

I am glad you 007 spots only produce the lil guys and you are leaving our nicer specimens for my next trip!:Not Worthy::Big Smile:

Thanks for another nice report from my :Fishing Hole:

Are you fishing barbless? I feel your pain of losing the nicer ones but you may be taking this title away from my partner Eddie (HESBROS):Farmer:

You will get it eventually at the pace you are fishing the harbor.:Big Smile:

Good luck tomorrow!

Steve

Wingnut
05-04-2009, 07:39 PM
Steve, you're now officially a NPH groupie. :ROFL:
You better hurry up and catch that big mystery fish before I hit that harbor in the next couple of weeks. :Wink:
And yeah, don't try to take that "Farmer" title away from Eddie... :Twisted:
Thanks for the report. :Cool:

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
Steve,

I am glad you 007 spots only produce the lil guys and you are leaving our nicer specimens for my next trip!:Not Worthy::Big Smile:

Thanks for another nice report from my :Fishing Hole:

Are you fishing barbless? I feel your pain of losing the nicer ones but you may be taking this title away from my partner Eddie (HESBROS):Farmer:

You will get it eventually at the pace you are fishing the harbor.

Good luck tomorrow!

Steve

lmao..thanks....its kinda hard to do when I dont get a choice on tidal movement and such.....and the short time i get to fish....one day, i really hope to get that high tide...EVERY time i go, its low damn it...its ok, I still catch fish...whether they are 6 inches or 6 lbs!!:Big Smile:

GD

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:29 PM
Steve, you're now officially a NPH groupie. :ROFL:
You better hurry up and catch that big mystery fish before I hit that harbor in the next couple of weeks. :Wink:
And yeah, don't try to take that "Farmer" title away from Eddie... :Twisted:
Thanks for the report. :Cool:

yeah thanks arthur...i didnt get the super duper guided tour down there like you did, i fished alone every trip cept the last one with vic....makes it a bit more difficult!! :Smile:

nothing much more that i can do guys...when your rod doubles over, you would think the fish inhaled the bait....and have set the hook hard....i dont know.....thanks for the reply man!

GD

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 08:30 PM
nice job ghetto dink!
keep catchin' and making me proud boyyyyy,,,

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
nice job ghetto dink!
keep catchin' and making me proud boyyyyy,,,

ok tired of the "dink" jokes...that will be the last report until I get something "worthy" in everyones eyes...

***insert comeback here****

GD

flyngby
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
lmao..thanks....its kinda hard to do when I dont get a choice on tidal movement and such.....and the short time i get to fish....one day, i really hope to get that high tide...EVERY time i go, its low damn it...its ok, I still catch fish...whether they are 6 inches or 6 lbs!!:Big Smile:

GD

14 hour trips on the boat are wonderful as you get the grey light, sunrise, and sometimes 3 tide transitions and sunset, orange sky light, and the wonderful trip back to the launch in the blind unless there is moon light!

Jackpot Jimmy
05-04-2009, 08:36 PM
Another fine report Steve! I REALLY need to go down there and fish sometime... you're getting to be a NPH Legend!!! :Big Smile:

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:41 PM
14 hour trips on the boat are wonderful as you get the grey light, sunrise, and sometimes 3 tide transitions and sunset, orange sky light, and the wonderful trip back to the launch in the blind unless there is moon light!

yeah....i wouldnt know...but thanks man.....

Another fine report Steve! I REALLY need to go down there and fish sometime... you're getting to be a NPH Legend!!! :Big Smile:

lol...yeah, ok jimmy....thanks man....are we almost ready???? :Wink:

GD

4g63power
05-04-2009, 08:48 PM
good job steve..and time to clip your finger nails

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:58 PM
good job steve..and time to clip your finger nails

get us a manicure/pedicure appointment sweety...we havent done that in awhile together....lol

thanks for the reply jimmy, hope all is well with you homegirl...lets fish soon....

GD

Wingnut
05-04-2009, 09:49 PM
yeah....i wouldnt know...but thanks man.....

GD

I like your passive/aggressive replies Steve... but be prepared when somebody gives it back to you in return. :Wink:

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 09:50 PM
I like your passive/aggressive replies Steve... but be prepared when somebody gives it back to you in return. :Wink:

Ive been a member for quite awhile, im always prepared arthur....:Wink:

GD

Jaysuuun
05-05-2009, 12:19 AM
GD, great job on the hali and spotties! Who cares if they're dinks, you're producing fish and that's all that matters, right?

Can't figure out why you keep missing that mystery fish. Perhaps your drag is set too light? :Confused:

ghetto dad
05-05-2009, 09:31 AM
GD, great job on the hali and spotties! Who cares if they're dinks, you're producing fish and that's all that matters, right?

Can't figure out why you keep missing that mystery fish. Perhaps your drag is set too light? :Confused:

no man...its set properly..im not that new...just new to NPH...on hook set, no drag get taken.....and that one was NOT the mystery fish...lol..the mystery fish is much bigger!!! :Smile: thanks jay..and yes, thank you for the first statement....peace

GD

deanhall32
05-05-2009, 09:50 AM
The all versatile GD. One day hauling in rockfish and the next day fishing in a harbor.

Cool little report.

Troutman65
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
Hey Steve, Nice going out there. So what if all you get is "Dinks" ? Your out trying and posting a report for us to read. Thanks for that. keep the reports coming.:Envious: