PDA

View Full Version : huntington harbor saturday- pics

megafisher94
05-04-2009, 05:05 PM
got home from fishing saturday with tshaffer and decided to go out again. got to the harbor around 1:00. tshaffer soaked a live sadine on a live bait rig, i threw a 3in big hammer. i was slowly dragging it along the bottom.
in the first few minutes tshaffer hooks a nice fish which on landing reveils a 4lb. smoothhound.

and after missing 3 bites on the swim bait i finaly hooked this guy
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss268/megafisher10/th_Newangle.jpg

same fish...
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss268/megafisher10/th_Spottie1.jpg

fishing the same bait, a few casts later i hook this...
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss268/megafisher10/th_Spottie21.jpg

headed back about 1/2 hour later... weather was overcast as you can see. saw alot of bait boiling.

weapon of choice...
http://s582.photobucket.com/albums/ss268/megafisher10/th_Bighammer.jpg

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 05:18 PM
NICE fish man!! Great job!!

GD

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 05:21 PM
yup,i've fished the hell out of that dock,but I've gotten kicked many times???:LOL:

Nice job,i'll be back there soon,,,

megafisher94
05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
theres no signs that say no fishing anywhere around there. we move for the boats so theres no reason we should be yelled at.

btw, all fish cpr'ed

TShaffer
05-04-2009, 07:22 PM
Hey put the shark pic up there! I wasn't outfished by the shankapotamus! Lol lures beat bait today.

flyngby
05-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Nice Spottie!

Ineed to try the HH again as the first try showed some great potential!

Thanks for the report and pics!

Steve

Wingnut
05-04-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice Spottie! Assuming that you CPR, I will tell you to be careful before somebody else jumps on you about the finger/thumb in the gills thing. :Wink: Congrats on the nice day & catch. :Cool:

flyngby
05-04-2009, 07:48 PM
First pic is the way to do it!

They have sharp teeth and after several getting the best of you /you will learn how to get it done without the damage to your self or the fish!

Steve

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 07:55 PM
theres no signs that say no fishing anywhere around there. we move for the boats so theres no reason we should be yelled at.

btw, all fish cpr'edCool,
cool,I just told you because The sheriffs always kicked me out,and I almost got a ticket for not wearing a license,I'm too young g'damn it!lol,,,

Nice job though!

britheguy
05-04-2009, 07:58 PM
Big Hammer is the way to go!

Nice fish man, and yes do be careful with them!

If anyone is giving you problems fishing, I use, "I am doing a report on how the red tide affects the fishing, sir. If you want me to fail, then I will leave."

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 08:07 PM
if anyone is giving you problems fishing, i use, "i am doing a report on how the red tide affects the fishing, sir. If you want me to fail, then i will leave."
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:21 PM
Cool,
cool,I just told you because The sheriffs always kicked me out,and I almost got a ticket for not wearing a license,I'm too young g'damn it!lol,,,

Nice job though!

thats what happens when you have a beard at 14....:ROFL:

They have sharp teeth and after several getting the best of you /you will learn how to get it done without the damage to your self or the fish!

Steve

yeah...bass thumb is great steveo...lol

GD

TShaffer
05-04-2009, 08:22 PM
Cool,

Nice job though!

They've hassled me before too. To be honest there's much bigger fish to fry out on the open water then some kid fishing spotties in the harbor. There was a really cool game warden there though. He was checking the boats and telling where he saw all the spotties boiling.

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 08:25 PM
thats what happens when you have a beard at 14....:ROFL:

yeah...bass thumb is great steveo...lol

GD
your off by almost 2 years son,,,lol,,,

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 08:26 PM
They've hassled me before too. To be honest there's much bigger fish to fry out on the open water then some kid fishing spotties in the harbor. There was a really cool game warden there though. He was checking the boats and telling where he saw all the spotties boiling.
Lucky,,,lol,,,I went in my inflatable a few times and got small hali'sor spotties here and there....I'm gonna take my whaler out there in a few,,,,hahaha

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 08:34 PM
Lucky,,,lol,,,I went in my inflatable a few times and got small hali'sor spotties here and there....I'm gonna take my whaler out there in a few,,,,hahaha

anyone can catch them from a boat....fish the shore....

GD

Wingnut
05-04-2009, 09:45 PM
anyone can catch them from a boat...

GD

Are you sure about this comment? I'll give you a chance to explain or retract it.

ghetto dad
05-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Are you sure about this comment? I'll give you a chance to explain or retract it.

no need to explain...it wasnt directed towards you....

GD

Jaysuuun
05-05-2009, 12:04 AM
WTG on those pig spotties! Is there anywhere to fish from shore in Huntington Harbor? :Big Grin:

Big Hammer is the way to go!

Nice fish man, and yes do be careful with them!

If anyone is giving you problems fishing, I use, "I am doing a report on how the red tide affects the fishing, sir. If you want me to fail, then I will leave."

That is too funny! :ROFL:

anyone can catch them from a boat....fish the shore....

GD

Not "anyone" can catch fish from a boat. Oceans and harbors are vast and if you don't know where to find the fish, you'll end up with a fat skunk and an empty gas tank. It also takes a lot of skill to position a boat into a hot spot when dealing with the wind and tides. Boat fishing can just be as tough as shore fishing... unless of course you have the services of experienced harbor masters. :Big Grin:

megafisher94
05-05-2009, 07:38 PM

Steve
i tryed to grip it in the mouth and it tore up my thumb...

britheguy
05-05-2009, 09:15 PM
i tryed to grip it in the mouth and it tore up my thumb...

Get your thumb farther in its mouth. The bone should be under the first joint in your thumb. I get ripped up too, thats where tape comes in handy. (Athletic Tape).

KEL40
05-05-2009, 09:48 PM
Nice report and congrats on the 4 pound spottie