PDA

View Full Version : Fairmont 4-2 cloudy water

DirtyHarry3
05-04-2009, 09:03 AM
I was up extraordinarily early on Saturday with my gf at the golf course. Dropped her off and walked across the street for some fishing. I worked the shore to where the boat house is and all the way back down to the bigger lake. It seems the water is super cloudy with hardly any visibility. I was using a suspending rapala w rattles. No luck. I switched to a surface popper thinking they'd see something on top of the water. Same thing. I'm not asking anyone for secret spots or bait. Just wondering if anyone is catching bass on lures, plastic or live bait. I don't see how the bass could possibly find a plastic worm.

P.S. I catch and release. I mainly fish saltwater and prefer eating those fish over anything freshwater. Way better tasting and much more meat. Had my chance to go Thresher Shark fishing in S.D. Chose to go to Perris instead. LAME choice. Let's see, catch and release 200# shark or 20 bluegill? Hmmmm...

fishmounter
05-04-2009, 09:21 AM
Hey Dirty...Didn't you see my report here about this from a few days ago? It's gotten to be pretty bad. For the catfish and carp fisherman, it's fine, but for bass and crappie people, it's not good. But, like you, I went to Perris and had a blast with lots of big sunfish and even a 4 lb bass. The bad part of it was losing my favorite ultralight rod to a Bluegill! At least it was to a big one that I had actually already landed, but pulled my rod off of my float tube when I reached for my needle nose pliers. Crap!

JediMindTricks
05-04-2009, 12:09 PM
what up dirt,
worms are definently not my choice in bait right now there. I dont bother. Ive tried everything at fairmont, im there religiously. The only thing ive seen them reacting to lately is spinner bait. The few people ive talked to thats catching them right now, also was using spinnerbait. And yet again, were all catching them in the same place too.

jimmy951
05-04-2009, 12:15 PM
what up dirt,
worms are definently not my choice in bait right now there. I dont bother. Ive tried everything at fairmont, im there religiously. The only thing ive seen them reacting to lately is spinner bait. The few people ive talked to thats catching them right now, also was using spinnerbait. And yet again, were all catching them in the same place too.

maybe its the same fish to lol.

wethook
05-04-2009, 01:04 PM
All I use is spinners!!!!!
Ok im definitely suffering from a big case of operator error.
I will figure it out one of these days...

WARRIORMIKE
05-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Spinnerbaits with nice big blades!! Also keep the colors attractive too!