PDA

View Full Version : Honey Hole action 5-3-09

DEADROOTS
05-04-2009, 07:58 AM
I hit my buddy's honey hole yesterday. It was a mile and half hike each way and a ***** to do so with tubes and gear. Ill probably never go through all that again to go tubing. My buddy told me it was a football field away from the car:ROFL: Ya Right! It was a football field length hike up a hill just to get to the mile and half road! It was tricky getting these, all the fish were deep in the vegetation. We used little Yamamoto paddle tail worms in green pumpkin. I had to throw the crank and ended getting hit just as I was leaving. We caught nearly 20 Bass and Crappy.

Stormcrow
05-04-2009, 08:06 AM
Nice report! But the title of your thread sounds like a Cinemax after hours movie title! LOL

cappo
05-04-2009, 09:37 AM
I always thought of tubing that place, theres lots of bass in there. Good job man.

old pudd fisher
05-04-2009, 03:25 PM
Nice report! But the title of your thread sounds like a Cinemax after hours movie title! LOL

Thats why I opened it up.:ROFL:

old pudd fisher
05-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Nice looking fish and worth the hike.

DEADROOTS
05-05-2009, 10:26 AM
:Shocked:Boing!

I always thought of tubing that place, theres lots of bass in there. Good job man.
My buddies didn't tell me what kind of tackle to bring so I brought my bass rod with 14lb test. I should have brought my ultra light on 4lb, then I would have slayed them like my pals did. I only managed to bring in a hand full. There's a bunch in there.

Nice looking fish and worth the hike.
It actually was. I need backpack straps for my fishcat, then Ill be set for a second hike.

joe man
05-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Good report/ pics. I would willingly hike for a few miles to get to a place that looks that fishy. What is the elevation of your buddy's honey hole? LOL

crappiemike
05-05-2009, 05:33 PM
thnx for the report and cool pics,,,

cm