PDA

View Full Version : Already need some fall info...

fishing_addict
05-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Every year as the fall draws near I begin to get excited about cool nights up in the Sierras, camping out under the golden Alder trees, bringing all that cold weather gear just in case:Wink:. Knowing the spawn is right around the corner... Everyone is getting ready for all Hallows Eve... and all I want is to catch some end of the year trout, hike and explore the hills and stay up as late as I can (usually 9-10pm). This year I am looking for some new tromping ground. Unfortunately Bridgeport is getting to be too far a drive and I'm looking for something closer to LA. Something a bit further out from the crowds but more quiet over all. Any advice?

Sierra_Smitty
05-04-2009, 09:09 AM
The Bishop Creek Canyon is pretty darn quiet in the fall. Many of the campgrounds shut down but there are still a few open. Still lots of creeks and lakes to fish, plenty of trout and we're much closer than Bridgeport.

You can check out my website for more info on the canyon www.ParchersResort.net. There are several US Forest Service campgrounds in the area also as well as a few other lodges similar to ours.

fishing_addict
05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
The Bishop Creek is pretty darn quiet in the fall. Many of the campgrounds shut down but there are still a few open. Still lots of creeks and lakes to fish, plenty of trout and we're much closer than Bridgeport.

You can check out my website for more info on the canyon www.ParchersResort.net (http://www.ParchersResort.net). There are several US Forest Service campgrounds in the area also as well as a few other lodges similar to ours.

Thanks Smitty, after an epic trip last month to the Owens and PVR I'm starting to think that I just might make that general area my focus for all future trips. Thinking that Bishop Creek will be on the top of the list for the fall.