PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon 5/2/09

EdSakabu
05-03-2009, 09:23 PM
Hit the water at about 6:45 and putted around paradise cover for a while. Metered fish between 8 and 12 feet but couldn't get any takers on plastics of crawlers on a dropshot. Buddy got two on a splitshot rig. We went around tree point and he got one more. I switched to a splitshot rig and immediately hooked up. Bass and trout were hitting almost anything dragging on the bottom between 7 and 15 feet. Both were hitting like trains, the bass are in prespawn and none we got had worn tails and females were fat with eggs. We got off the water at about 12:30. Final score me: 10 bass between 1 and 3 1/2 pound and a two pound trout. Buddy: 10 bass between 1 and 3 pounds and two trout up to about a pound.

One interesting thing, when I took the trout home and cleaned it I found in it's gut the remains of three night crawlers, a 4 inch roboworm (looked like Oxblood) and a 7 inch senko with a 00 hook still in it. The senko was actually folded over in there! I've attached a photo of the stuff with a $20 bill for size comparison. The fish was a male.

http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/StillSlippery/?action=view&current=In_a_trout.jpg

aoessand
05-03-2009, 10:29 PM
haha funny a post is like this, the last few days ive been catching alot of trout on night crawler/mackerel/hog wild/and other stink dips... everytime we would hook up hoping for a kitty and it ended up just being lame old trout lol