Catrack77
05-03-2009, 03:20 PM
A few of my hunting buddies and I decided t

team760
05-03-2009, 06:37 PM
nice report and pics....love those cats

deanhall32
05-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Holy moly!!!! What a day!! How long did it take you guys to skin and clean those things?

Catrack77
05-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Holy moly!!!! What a day!! How long did it take you guys to skin and clean those things?

Not to long, one of my b

luckie33
05-04-2009, 06:24 AM
hey dc i saw you guys in p.v. early friday morning i stopped on the other side and looked at the water level and told my buddy that looked like your truck (i meet you last year on a dirt road i had a white toyota seq.) but it looked like you guys where sleep so i keep going. glad you guys did well and hope to see you again soon.

Mrmedia
05-04-2009, 09:01 AM
One Word "EPIC".

Dude awesome job. Going out there soon!!!

Desertfishen2
05-04-2009, 11:56 AM
Nice eating size. My two sons and I are planing to try this weekend. Could you give any areas to try. I havent fished Blyth for 6-8 years. Live in Coachella valley.

Bird dog
05-04-2009, 12:19 PM
Nice fish DC.What a fish fry that's gonna be!

Nightstalker 424
05-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Wow! Great Job!!

fishindude
05-04-2009, 06:40 PM
Nice job! You sure know how to slay the cats.

Lightning
05-04-2009, 08:39 PM
DC,solid fish Brother!Perfect fillet size. Between flatties & venison you probably only go to the grocery store once a year! Great job.

Carpholeo
05-05-2009, 08:57 AM
ya ever let any go?

Catrack77
05-05-2009, 11:06 AM
ya ever let any go?

I quess you need to read the post.

devin828
05-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Way to go DC

nice fishing

if they only fished the canals or the river you deserve to keep what ever you catch.

devin828

luckie33
05-05-2009, 12:09 PM
Dc do your thing they do not know what it takes to get a flat...i and do not post here that much just for that reason way to many haters.

If you look i did not post what i did last week...but if you go to my youtube page you can see where we release fish all the time.

It is just sad that we can not just fish and post as we like.(if you don't like something move on to the next post)

anyways dc you are always welcome.

Mrmedia
05-05-2009, 12:29 PM
I quess you need to read the post. We did not keep any bass and for your information we threw back twice as many catfish as we kept. I did not keep any of the fish for myself. My buddies took what we kept. I undestand why people quit posting on this board. There always has to be a hater in the group. Maybe I'll just post on WCC or SCCA.

Desert cat

LOL he did not even read your post. Don't waste your keystrokes with him. He's just a catfish slayer hater. No continue to post here. Love your reports. Just ignore the morons.

JENSEN500
05-05-2009, 12:49 PM
Nice job d.c.!!! Way to slay!

Jeff

Pnutty
05-05-2009, 01:08 PM
These fish were all great eating size.

Take care
Desert cat

So YOU DO know what an eating size catfish is!! LMAO ...I rest my case....lol

Catrack77
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
So YOU DO know what an eating size catfish is!! LMAO ...I rest my case....lol

Just another hater.

Lightning
05-05-2009, 08:47 PM
I get more info from DC than I do from Mr. Bill Dance.He doesn't waste the fish...He releases the bass...no problem!

oatums
05-06-2009, 12:11 AM
Nice catch DC, looking at those pictures make me hungry........mmmmm fry catfish yummmmm.....Been about two years since I cought a flat.

bluehunter
05-06-2009, 07:43 AM
Lance success usually breeds haters no matter what you do. Believe me I had my share and still do. Its something I dealt with all my life almost even with those in the inner circle that only use you for information only to turn around and try to out do you. LOL. Do what you have done before all of this information technology came along with what we broadcast to the world in what we catch. Just like a few others I have taken the time to lay off a little bit as fishing is suppose to be fun not something we see in the streets. FNN is still the place to be but just like anything else in life you will have individuals that just don't get it. Talk to you soon.

B

Airn33
05-06-2009, 10:27 AM
Wow, that must have been one awesome fish fry! Those look like some tasty cats. What is the limit for those bad boys?

olefrog
05-06-2009, 05:10 PM
What is the limit for those bad boys?[/QUOTE]

The limit for this party of four people would be 100 Catfish any combination of Channel and Flathead.
They had a fine day fishing but are no even close to the limit.
ole frog don't fish Catfish often as I pefer to eat a flaky meated fish.
Nice going Cat
ta ta ole frog

Pnutty
05-07-2009, 12:57 PM
Just another hater.

Grow up dude

Desert cat

Ey Dude.. I'm not hating at alll, just acknowledging you DO know the difference between a trophy fish(from your pervious posts) and an eating size fish (like the mess you got right there). And that's all I was trying to get you to understand from my posts before. The trophy's should go back! and deep down you know that. It was OBVIOUS when the next one you killed, you had an excuse on why you killed him!..lol.. I know times are tough, but I really don't think your "buddy" would of keeled over if you wouldn't of caught and gave him that fish to "feast " on!...lol... (that was a good one) but whatever.. I know I got the ol wheels a turning up in that noggin of yours!

gavin310
05-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Ey Dude.. I'm not hating at alll, just acknowledging you DO know the difference between a trophy fish(from your pervious posts) and an eating size fish (like the mess you got right there). And that's all I was trying to get you to understand from my posts before. The trophy's should go back! and deep down you know that. It was OBVIOUS when the next one you killed, you had an excuse on why you killed him!..lol.. I know times are tough, but I really don't think your "buddy" would of keeled over if you wouldn't of caught and gave him that fish to "feast " on!...lol... (that was a good one) but whatever.. I know I got the ol wheels a turning up in that noggin of yours!

I haven't eaten flathead catfish personally, but from what I hear even the big ones taste great.

Pnutty seriously if you have a problem with people taking larger sized flatheads, why are you wasting your time on these message boards? Bitching on the internet isn't going to change a damn thing. Shouldn't you be petitioning and protesting the laws and calling up the lawmakers if you're so pationate about this?

luckie33
05-07-2009, 05:21 PM
Dc pls do not reply to this fool...the guys that know you and what you bring to this board respect what you do.

Pls mr.pnutty could you post some of your pay lake pictures..lol

have fun with this i'm out of here.

Pnutty
05-07-2009, 05:56 PM
I haven't eaten flathead catfish personally, but from what I hear even the big ones taste great.

Pnutty seriously if you have a problem with people taking larger sized flatheads, why are you wasting your time on these message boards? Bitching on the internet isn't going to change a damn thing. Shouldn't you be petitioning and protesting the laws and calling up the lawmakers if you're so pationate about this?

Yo Gavin..You don't have to be "passionate" about a certain kind of fish to realize if you kill all the giants(of any specie) you are less likely to catch a big one the next time you go, let alone taking good genes out of the pool (or canal lol) for all the catfish and fisherman to come.. I don't even chase flatheads(but I would like to pull on one if I happen to get down that way) and if DC takes everyone one he catches I'm a lot less likely to hook into a good one if I do get down there (or you for that matter).. I guess I see it as one guy spoiling it for everyone. He obviously has put the time in to learn where and how to getm (which shows HIS passion for them) so you think he would release more of them. Different strokes for different folks I guess..The dude likes catfish, theres nothing wrong with that, but when is enough enough...

..And I never really thought I was guna change anything buuuuut, I bit my tongue for as long as i could.. Its just not right and I know IM not the only one thinking this... just the only one that would say it!!

Pnutty
05-07-2009, 06:01 PM
Dc pls do not reply to this fool...the guys that know you and what you bring to this board respect what you do.

Pls mr.pnutty could you post some of your pay lake pictures..lol

have fun with this i'm out of here.

OOhhh And Mr. Lucky....LMAO... I have Plenty of pictures of real fish..I am not a pay lake only guy.. I have been on this board before you knew it was here.. I know what happens when you post pics. .. Bless us with some of your "lucky" shots...lol

luckie33
05-07-2009, 07:19 PM
Yes you may have been around talking and not fishing...lmao but i go fishing..me and g-man have been to the river. O and i got pictures and video but i do not post here because of guys like you...o and by the way i got video of me releasing fish...

And i'm not saying theirs a lot of guys like him...fnn is a great board but there are some.

I will not reply to you anymore say what you like..but you can see me on youtube.com (luckieeeee)lol

Astrolux
05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Obviously you don't know what you are talking about Mr. Pnutty. You said yourself you haven't fished for them. That in itself tells me you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It seems you are singling out Desert Cat and just trying to cause trouble. I myself have been going to the river with parents since I was in diapers. My father has fished for flathead down there for 25 years. In my lifetime I have seen countless 20 to 40 pound flathead taken from that river by family and friends, Ive pulled in a few myself. If you do your reading these flathead can become an invasive species. They were introduced to the Colorado river years ago below the Parker Damn and have flourished. Believe me or not, there is no shortage of these big fish.

Im sure you have seen my report I posted today from a couple weeks ago. How come you haven't attacked my thread?????? You think after 25 years thats the first 40 pounder my dad has pulled out of there.

Desert Cat is not in any way breaking any rules. And has every right to keep every trophy he lands. If you don't like it, don't open your mouth and stay away from his threads.

One last thing about your comments on taking the "good genes out of the pool" are completely wrong and stupid. And if you think your gonna just head down our way and just "pull one in" your wrong.

Pnutty
05-08-2009, 12:02 AM
Obviously you don't know what you are talking about Mr. Pnutty. You said yourself you haven't fished for them. That in itself tells me you don't know what the hell you are talking about. It seems you are singling out Desert Cat and just trying to cause trouble. I myself have been going to the river with parents since I was in diapers. My father has fished for flathead down there for 25 years. In my lifetime I have seen countless 20 to 40 pound flathead taken from that river by family and friends, Ive pulled in a few myself. If you do your reading these flathead can become an invasive species. They were introduced to the Colorado river years ago below the Parker Damn and have flourished. Believe me or not, there is no shortage of these big fish.

Im sure you have seen my report I posted today from a couple weeks ago. How come you have attacked my thread?????? You think after 25 years thats the first 40 pounder my dad has pulled out of there.

Desert Cat is not in any way breaking any rules. And has every right to keep every trophy he lands. If you don't like it, don't open your mouth and stay away from his threads.

One last thing about your comments on taking the "good genes out of the pool" are completely wrong and stupid. And if you think your gonna just head down our way and just "pull one in" your wrong.

lol..first off Astro, If you can't understand where I'm coming from you don't know what you're talking about... I'm not singling HIM out..He did that himself! ..The dudes the flatcat reaper man!..lmao.. He's GOOD at what he does..that makes him a danger to the population..lol.. I want there to be some big fish left for you and your pop to pull on!

...And I said I don't fish them.. Like I don't chase them full time like a lot of these guys do..I'm into bass..That DOES NOT mean I couldn't go down there and drowned a bluegill with the best of em!! LMAO..

..And the reason I didn't say anything in your thread is You and your Pop did nothing wrong. You said that's your pops biggest in 25 years, might be his biggest he ever catches, nothing wrong with keeping that fish.. He's fished his whole life for that fish.. ..But to keep a forty+ pounder every other week makes no sense! Look back on some of the posts..He does have the right to keep them all, does that make it right!? an leave my mouth out of this...

..and good genes ARE past down dude!.. You honestly don't think that big fish don't breed BIG fish?? LMAO C'mon?!....

And to Luckee.. I do fish, and this board has come a lonng way... And if you have video of you releasing a big flat that's as good as it gets! That's all I was wanting DC to do is think about releasing some of those giants he was catching...Ill check for your video now...lol.. Waaaay Impressive...

Astrolux
05-08-2009, 08:08 AM
I guess you better hurry and go "drowned a bluegill" cause people like Desert Cat and my family are taking all the big fish relentlessly.

Mrmedia
05-08-2009, 11:58 AM
Yo Gavin..You don't have to be "passionate" about a certain kind of fish to realize if you kill all the giants(of any specie) you are less likely to catch a big one the next time you go, let alone taking good genes out of the pool (or canal lol) for all the catfish and fisherman to come.. I don't even chase flatheads(but I would like to pull on one if I happen to get down that way) and if DC takes everyone one he catches I'm a lot less likely to hook into a good one if I do get down there (or you for that matter).. I guess I see it as one guy spoiling it for everyone. He obviously has put the time in to learn where and how to getm (which shows HIS passion for them) so you think he would release more of them. Different strokes for different folks I guess..The dude likes catfish, theres nothing wrong with that, but when is enough enough...

..And I never really thought I was guna change anything buuuuut, I bit my tongue for as long as i could.. Its just not right and I know IM not the only one thinking this... just the only one that would say it!!

Dude get a life. Your just a cry baby hater. Go cry to the DFG and try to change limit laws if you don't like it. Sad you can't appreciate awesome fishing reports.

There are thousands of huge cats in those canals and main river. It's not like he's fishing in a tiny pond that has 3 big fish in it. He's not keeping any bass and he is throwing the 1lb catfish back. I don't see the problem, all I see is a great fishing report.

adiablo420
05-10-2009, 12:03 AM
that is what i call alot of catfish eatin........

occschemguy
05-10-2009, 02:27 AM
just for info the river is absalutly packed with these suckers the heat causes them to be very active and there is plenty of food so they reproduce and grow faster then they would in other places.

second my grandfather had a comercial fishing license and would spend weeks at the river cathing 50-70 lb cats and go sale them and that was over 25 years ago,obviosly it didnt hurt the blood line or population
third i usualy got for a few days every summer and i have a spot i hit and can catch 10-15 in a day al 10-30 lbs on hot dog lol

chrislxf
05-11-2009, 09:30 AM
just for info the river is absalutly packed with these suckers the heat causes them to be very active and there is plenty of food so they reproduce and grow faster then they would in other places.

second my grandfather had a comercial fishing license and would spend weeks at the river cathing 50-70 lb cats and go sale them and that was over 25 years ago,obviosly it didnt hurt the blood line or population
third i usualy got for a few days every summer and i have a spot i hit and can catch 10-15 in a day al 10-30 lbs on hot dog lol

yup, those sucker grow fast and eat like a pig.

Pnutty,
why do ppl. blame others for not able to catch big fish. Catching a big fish involve 99% skill and 1% luck. If you don't have them both, you are still not gonna get the big fish. Comparing the fishing pressure to the city lake and reservoir, it's nothing. grow up and get a life hater.

HelloBendo420
05-14-2009, 04:03 PM
dude. i woulda kept all of them. who really gives a crap. somebody get this nuttsack some tissue.
call the whambulence

you want some fries w/ that whamburger

wah wah wah...
if you don't have anything good to say, keep it shut

hell yeah, catfish for days

horgaszapacban
05-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Hi all,

this is my first post, even though I've been reading the forum for a long time.
I live in the LA area, but once or twice a year we make a 2-3 days trip to the Colorado
River.
We cook, sleep under the sky and the most important FISH!
I always like the reports from Desert Cat and Bluehunter, they really know the science...
Congrats for that!
And now my question:
how you rig the bluegill? Just a simple slider sinker and the leader on a swivel? Or even
on a floater?
What is the hook size?

Thanks
horgaszapacban