PDA

View Full Version : Dvl 5/03 one bite, one fish!

CALFISHER4EVR
05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Fished DVL today got there about 6:00 a. m. with my son. I walked over to the east shore area and set up on a rock area. I usually fish for bass at that lake but I decided to try for some kitty’s. I have not fished for cats since the 80’s. It has been a long time no doubt! I got to a spot that looked like it would hold fish and set up the bait caster with some chicken livers. I first tried this recipe of liver and garlic salt but I got no luv with that bait. Scratch that idea for next time. It did not produce for me. I had been sitting there for about an hour and did not get a bite. Man! If you are used to fishing for bass, it takes a lot of patience to sit down, bait and wait if you are not use to doing that type of fishing.
Well, the waiting finally paid off when I used the regular livers. I sat for about two minutes and a HIT!
I waited a few second for it to swim off with the bait and got a solid hook set. It did not really strip line
but it would not come up for a while. It looked about 3 lbs in the water but when I got to the surface
it was good size. Here is my PB for a cat. 8.9 lbs :Big Grin:

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/Hook-Set/DSC01786-Copy.jpg

troutdog
05-03-2009, 12:55 PM
Healthy looking kitty CalFisher, congrats on your pb kitty! :Thumbs Up:

TD