PDA

View Full Version : lake skinner 5-2-09 tought day fishing but still manage to catch our limits

Bluegill
05-03-2009, 11:40 AM
Went to skinner with my budy and Uncle. Already new the weather was going to be an issue...lanch the boat at 6:30 am and went looking for this school of striper. Within minutes of driving the boat found a nice school of fish..did the usally bait and bait. Before I even got my bait in the water.. my budy says HooK UP...drop my pole down and got the net ready..once i saw the head of the fish i said damd it .....catfish..oh well into the livewell... Then couple of minutes later my Uncle says Hook up... same story another Catfish.. I was still the only person on the boat that havn't caught a fish yet. 30 minutes pass no bit.... then I was hearing sweet music to my ears...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ZZZZZZ. After about 5 minutes of fighting with the fish my line goes died.....Damd lost the the fish... When that happen you usualy get old skunk for the day:Sad: Re-bait and re-cast it didn't take long for the first striper of the day to be caught. This was only the second time my budy has fish skinner then he ask my if there are any bluegill in this lake. Took him to a couple of the many magic spot for gill....there were about 10-20 nice sizes gill just waiting to be caught at every location. I told him just wait about 1 month then we will comes back for the gill, it's now stripper time ..................... ALlthe fish were caught all over the lake.. none of the fish were catch at the inlet if anyone was wondering. Bait anchovies...secret.....of the striper:Secret:

Stripper...5 good sizes 3-6lbs
Catfish....5 1-3lbs
Mini stripper...kept our limit..sorry no pix of the mini (My budy wanted to get home to watch the fight)

Bluegill

12080 12081

12082 12083