PDA

View Full Version : Cibola 10 days

olefrog
05-03-2009, 11:37 AM
Miss frog and I just returned from a 10 day stay at Oxbow BLM Camp Ground.
Nothing but the straight skinny,ole frog is not going to give you numbers, ole frog caught LMB Bass,Red-eared Sunfish,Blue Gill Sunsish,Channel Catfish,Crappie,Carp.

I released all the LMB but two ,too much blood to turn loose.
Ole frog is sure as heck not going to waste them turning them loose to die.
Why I am on the subject of catch and release ole forg never hears any of the die hards releasers ,say I use barbless hooks only.Ole frogs input on this, if you fish only catch and release crimp your barbs or go to barbless hooks.Same for the big Pro Bassfisherman ,frog you will get the silent treatment on this subject from these people.
Ok the report
Ole frog fished Cibola,Pretty Water and Oxbow.
I did nor fish the river nor did I fish for Flathead Catfish nor Channel Catfish.
Caught a few Crappie at Cibola, not a lot ,lost the school ,was windy as all get out.
So not many nunbers here 4 ,These were caught on 1/4 oz Roadrunners tipped with a Crawler.
Caught some very big Red-eared In Pretty water throwing a Gitzit 3/8 oz blue white,the Roadrunner was Red,
Caught four or five legal (Bass) a day throwing a Wounded Zara Spook at day-break then switched to plastic worms all kinds, fished on long shank worm hook with a split shot 6 inches or so infront of the riged worm.
I hop the worm on the botton fish real slow.
Ole frog did well and had a great time , the skeeters did too .

The fellow camped next to me was a retired California Game Warden,
He worked the Blythe area 30 years ago,when one fishes you meet all kinds of people.
This guy could fish ,one of the best fisherman I have seen I a very long time.
He nailed five bass a day and quit ,I don't nean dinks some 6 pounds or so, said that was enough.
He gave most of his fish away.
He fished braided line with a fluorocarbom leader 4 foot or so for the worm.
This will give you great feel of the worm slighest bump .
This guy had no off days,make one feel kinda stupid when it comes to fishing.
(only fishing, frog you want me to name other subjects.)

Came back with twenty meals or so for the freezer,it was a good trip.
No pictures ,it was a R&R trip no puter nor camera.
ta ta ole frog

El Weirdo
05-03-2009, 11:52 AM
right on ..i have to get out there and try that area..have not been camping ..well since i used to carry around and M-60 ..well not really camping ..but sleep under the stars..
and ole frog worry not what others think..as long as you and miss frog had a good time..all that matters...well the skeeters were happy too i bet...thanks for sharing

EL....

Santa Fe Eric
05-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Thanks Ole Frog!

A little R & R with the missus and catching fish is great!

Bird dog
05-09-2009, 10:14 AM
Nice job OF.I always enjoy your reports.Thanks.

Simplyeman
05-09-2009, 11:30 AM
Simplyeman says that's a lot of third person narrative...