PDA

View Full Version : Sarl Sat night

troutslayer33
05-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Got to the lake with fishrdi at 4:30 and set up at the bubble hole for no luck. We moved over to the outside of levitz corner, wide open action on 3" perch. Final fish count 1 trout. This is the fifth time this season at Sarl for a total of 5 average trout. Pretty expensive considering we are two people at 22 bucks a pop. Threw everything at them, p/b , nightcrawlers, trout worms, mouse, lures you name it. I did see a total of three fish caught all night in the vicinity one a 3lber. I'm pretty dissapointed with the fishing at sarl, next time im in the mood for trought slaying i'll make the drive up to the seirra's.

fishndrinknsmokin
05-03-2009, 12:13 PM
Too bad about the slow night but at least you beat the skunk. SARL has been slow the last couple of weeks with the water temps rising.....I haven't even hit it in a couple of weeks now and I was a weekly visitor earlier this year.

TShaffer
05-03-2009, 12:14 PM
Did you see anyone goin after catfish?

saintarv
05-03-2009, 01:44 PM
Sorry about the slow action but I was there last night too with my daugher and we limited out by 8:30pm. (see report) Nice report hopefully it gets better.

troutdog
05-03-2009, 03:19 PM
Better luck next time out there...nitro glow worms really well for night fishing if you haven't tried them. Welcome to the board btw!

Sorry about the slow action but I was there last night too with my daugher and we limited out by 8:30pm. (see report) Nice report hopefully it gets better.

BRAGGER! :LOL:

TD

ElementX
05-05-2009, 06:23 AM
I went to SARL on Sun and only managed to pull up 2 bluegills. Some kids had about 15 fish on their stringer. 3 crappie, 2 smallmouth bass, the rest bluegills, and ALL of them about the same size (not much of a fight even for UL gear), all caught on mealworms around the dock area.

I saw a few people cleaning trout, but didn't see anyone around me catching them. In my last 5 trips to SARL, I've managed maybe 2 trout under 2 lbs and maybe 4 bluegills. This fisherman sure as hell isn't going to be feeding himself for a lifetime at SARL.

pasadenafishin
05-06-2009, 03:49 PM
I went to SARL on Sun and only managed to pull up 2 bluegills. Some kids had about 15 fish on their stringer. 3 crappie, 2 SMALLMOUTH BASS,.

there are smallmouth in SARL??????

ElementX
05-06-2009, 04:33 PM
yup! Hell, I've been going to SARL for over a year and I've seen people pull up smallmouth bass in the main lake several times. Fished with my coworker last year and he pulled up about 8 at the bubble hole while I got skunked on the same boat. I was surprised they had crappie in the lake.