PDA

View Full Version : South Central meets NPH

ghetto dad
05-02-2009, 10:57 PM
Hey everyone,

Im going to try to make this quick, I just got back from a reception and I need to get up early tomorrow for out ICON charter!!

After about 45 text messages, I finally convinced Victor101 to come down to my hood and fish NPH. He picked me up around Noon, and we headed down to NPH.

It was PACKED in the area where we wanted to fish, I mean with cars. There was NO parking, until we finally got lucky and found a spot. Good thing Vic picked me up, because there is NO WAY my truck would have fit in the bery few spots that were left. Unpacked the Impala, and headed to the first spot.

Again, the tide was LOW. I knew it would be, I didn't care, I wanted to fish! First cast, I got smacked. Of course, I missed the fish. Told OG Vic he should cast OVER these docks where we were fishing. One or two casts later, he get hit hard and expertly sets the hook. After a nice battle, Vic lands this....

Vic's first NPH fish!!!! Way to go homie....
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10060.jpg

We fished that spot for awhile longer, and of course, in GD fashion, I hooked a NICE fish and it came unbuttoned. :Evil: We missed a few more little hits, and decided to try my regular spot.

Made it down there, and fished it hard. We missed a few fish, until we finally had a double hook up!! Upon beaching both beasts, this is what we came up with!!

My 5 inch bass and Vic's first NPH croaker!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10061.jpg

After awhile, we decided to head back to first spot, it was getting late, and I had a reception to go to. On the way down, we stopped and grabbed some lunch.

Got back to the first spot, and within a cast or two, Vic hooks a pig!! After a very short battle, the fish spits the hook!! :Evil: The funny part about Vic losing that fish, is he said the SAME thing I have said every pig that I have lost in NPH, "I can't believe I lost that fish!!" :ROFL:

Few minutes later, after setting up bigger with the 5 inch GULP jerkshad in sardine, and after tying on a new hook Vic hooked me up with (thanks homie!!), I casted out in between two buoys. As I was working the shad back, I noticed (in previous reports, I have noted this too) my line was slack! Fish took my shad and ran towards beach, so i wound down till i felt the fish and set the hook HARD! Fish on!! This fish knew where to go, and he attempted to wrap me in the buoy chains, which he did, but I drug him out, and beached this.....

Decent lil bass...he fought excellent for his size!!!!
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10062.jpg

Short time later, after missing a few more, It was getting late, and we decided to call it a day. Excellent times with a good friend, and I am glad that I at least showed him where to go (how to get there, where to park, spots, etc). I can guarantee he will hit this when the tide is right for him, so expect a kick a** report soon from Vic.....

Thanks again for coming down vic, youre one of the ONLY FEW true homies...Monday, well see man...you know where we want to go...:Wink:

Thanks for reading everyone.....peace

GD

Ifishtoolittle
05-02-2009, 11:03 PM
Nice report Ghetto Dad, WTG on the fish!

victor101
05-02-2009, 11:07 PM
Thanks for writing up the report Steve! It was great fishing with u again and i look forward to poaching your spots in the near future LOL as well as finding some spots of my own. Yes, I have jumped on the NPH bandwagoon LMAO. there I said it...its good to have somewhere to go when the surf is rough!

Thanks for being the captain today and thanks for lunch! Cya in the morning!

-Vic

ghetto dad
05-02-2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks for writing up the report Steve! It was great fishing with u again and i look forward to poaching your spots in the near future LOL as well as finding some spots of my own. Yes, I have jumped on the NPH bandwagoon LMAO. there I said it...its good to have somewhere to go when the surf is rough!

Thanks for being the captain today and thanks for lunch! Cya in the morning!

-Vic

:ROFL:I knew youd like that place..its "different" huh....its SO MUCH nicer if you hit it on a weekday...so much less boat traffic and people....and you were scared of all the white people....see, they didnt bite and were not scared of you..... :ROFL: See u in the morning homie.....im going to bed....

GD

Liteliner
05-02-2009, 11:28 PM
youre one of the ONLY FEW true homies...

Thats cute man...:LOL::ROFL:Just playin...

Nice job gettin Vic on some NPH action... Thanks for the invite once again.

Forgot to say good luck tomorrow guys. I see some lings in your future...

Santa Fe Eric
05-03-2009, 01:23 AM
Thanks for posting Steve!
I can't wait to get out to the Bay!

ghetto dad
05-03-2009, 04:43 AM
Nice report Ghetto Dad, WTG on the fish!

Thanks a lot! :Big Grin:

Thats cute man...:LOL::ROFL:Just playin...

Nice job gettin Vic on some NPH action... Thanks for the invite once again.

Forgot to say good luck tomorrow guys. I see some lings in your future...

No lings....big cappos, groupr, sheephead, and hopefully some bass!!!

Thanks for posting Steve!
I can't wait to get out to the Bay!

One day E, I hope to be as accomplished as you homie!!! Thanks

GD

boxl0bster
05-03-2009, 04:34 PM
good stuff guys! man youre making me want to give this a try this week!

ODOGFISH
05-03-2009, 04:51 PM
NPH the HOOD :EyePop: ... yea maybe when you two show up :ROFL: ... nice fish from the HOOD :Rolls Eyes:

TShaffer
05-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Nice job out there. Another NPH convert.

flyngby
05-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Steve,

Nice job sharing you Harbor experience with the Getto friends!:ROFL:

Victor, congrats on your first NPH experience and you outfished Steve.

Thanks for the detailed report and pics!

Looks like the last did a number on you thumb! :Wink: I hope it heals brfore the next trip!

See you out there soon.

Steve

ghetto dad
05-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Steve,

Nice job sharing you Harbor experience with the Getto friends!:ROFL:

Victor, congrats on your first NPH experience and you outfished Steve.

Thanks for the detailed report and pics!

Looks like the last did a number on you thumb! :Wink: I hope it heals brfore the next trip!

See you out there soon.

Steve

HEY steve!! We got 2 fish each, but I win, I got 2 target fish!!! :ROFL:

Thanks for all the replies guys...

GD