PDA

View Full Version : report? more like a warning

aoessand
05-02-2009, 10:43 PM
do not i repeat do not go to hesperia swamp lake, it was so freaking nasty there is a layer of trash and weeds lining the lake and i would guess would make it really hard to pull anything in unless you have big line. i only went today because the lair on the phone said it was WFO on cats, when i go there some 1.5hour drive later i come to realize after paying of course that the place was a dump and be was tiny tiny tiny a person can easily cast from one side to the other... it looked like a freaking zoo people where no more than 3-5 feet apart in most spots, the only open spots had a ton of trash/plant life in front of it, and lots of lines tangled in the 15 minutes i was there. asked for a refund was denied. in the 15 minutes i was there i saw several peoples chairs get blown away and not one single stringer in the water

old pudd fisher
05-02-2009, 11:04 PM
Soory it was a bad deal for you. It looked good on the web site. I have never been thier, so have about four or five beers and relax. And thanks for the info.

seal
05-03-2009, 08:57 AM
Bad timing I guess. Most weekdays not bad crowds at all and yes the cats have been biting. They are still working on the water clarity issue, the organisms they are using to clear the water need warm temperatures to become active.

I think later in the summer there may be some changes in Hesperia Lake that will change opinions, but until improvements in water clarity I can understand the negative reports.