PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon May 2, 2009

swimbait101
05-02-2009, 09:44 PM
Hey guys i was able to get to the lagoon today. When i got there we were the only boaters there. There were some shore fisherman. After me dad took our boat down from the car, i fish of the ramp. I caught 3 fish in 10 min. All of them were caught on PB. I wish i had a picture because the 1st trout was huge. The other 2 were average. When we finally launched the boat, i paddled to the rocks in the north part. The whole time, there was a big school of shad jumping. I threw my bbz shad for 2 hours with not ONE bite!!! If that was bad, my dad accidentally dropped on of my trout in the water(it wasnt the big one). I really wanted to catch a fish so we paddled to paradise cove. We beached the boat and i walked over to the trout pen. It was really crowded. I was lucky to get a spot in the middle and started fishing. I landed 5 fish, realeased 1, and lost 3 to bad hookset and knot problems. Then i paddled to the dock and graphed 3 fish and didnt catch them. Paddled back to shore and then caught one tiny trout. When i gutted the big trout, i found a roboworm, a hook, and a 2 in swimbait. It was wierd.
THE END

EdSakabu
05-03-2009, 10:57 AM
That's hilarious! I caught a 2 pound trout yesterday and found three night crawlers, a 4 inch roboworm and a 7 inch senko with 00 hook in it at the lagoon too! Really!
http://s238.photobucket.com/albums/ff276/StillSlippery/?action=view&current=In_a_trout.jpg

swimbait101
05-03-2009, 07:06 PM
wow, a 2 lber is pretty big. How in the world can a trout swallow a 7in senko with a hook in it. Thats weird