PDA

View Full Version : Corona Lake 5/02/2009

The Angler
05-02-2009, 02:31 PM
Arrived around 5:30 a.m. Lines were in the water around 6:15.

Right off the back I was getting hit on my gold Kastmaster couldnt get the hook to set. This kept going on for about an hour. They were biting all morning. My pops caught 1 trout around 8:00 a.m. and things pretty much ended there. The wind really picked up and was a hassle trying to cast lures out against the wind, so i gave up on that approach and used power bait for the most of the remaining day.

This is the second time I have fished from shore (By Dam) for nothing. I guess i have better luck fishing from a pontoon. Maybe it was the wind. We decieded to move spots since things were really slow for us there were a couple people catching them I guess it just wasnt our day. I talked with some dude fishing from a tube and it was pretty much WFO for him. first time he came in with about 9 Trout. Then a second time with another stinger full.
He said he couldnt put his rod down cause every cast was a hook-up. We moved to the other dock where the boats are anchored for 1 last hour for nothing the people that where in that area also got the skunk. We left around 12:30

End results my dad 1 trout
Me - :Skunk:

troutdog
05-03-2009, 03:04 PM
Sorry to hear about the skunk Angler, but at least you got to spend the day fishing with your Dad...that sounds pretty cool to me. :Thumbs Up:

TD

boxl0bster
05-07-2009, 11:43 PM
nice try out there. you'll get them next time.