PDA

View Full Version : Deluxe or not deluxe?

Yoyo
05-02-2009, 12:00 AM
Hey everyone,
I been looking into buying a float tube and have narrowed it down to the Outcast Fish 4 I think is the name. I was wondering what the difference is between the deluxe version and the regular version. From what I can tell, the only difference is that the deluxe version has an inflatable seat. Is this the only difference and is it really worth the extra 65 or so bucks? Thanks for your input.

Jon

Socal Bassman
05-02-2009, 01:26 AM
You are correct. The only difference is the deluxe has the inflatable seat compared to a foam seat. Is it worth the extra money? That's a matter of preference IMO. I've heard that the inflatable seat is more comfortable though. Especially on those long fishing trips. I've got an older FC4 with the foam seats. It does get a little uncomfortable after 6 hours or so, but not too bad.

Yoyo
05-02-2009, 01:39 AM
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. Straight forward and honest opinion.

samgann93
05-02-2009, 07:33 AM
I have a fish cat 4 too. the normal seat does get a little annoying on longer tubing days. but like daryll said its a matter of preference.

Good luck finding the right tube for you,
S.G

tacklejunkie
05-02-2009, 09:31 AM
You can deal with the standard no probs, but your legs and butt will thank you for a deluxe if you "make a day of it". I tend to sit out there for a whole day when I do go.

I found the inflated seat isn't so square at the edge of the seat and didn't rub or tire out my legs as much.

Even though it may sound a little weaker do to the inflated seats, it really is designed well and durable. Those big cushions in the seat are great and adjustable pressure to your liking, regardless of your main bladder pressure.
Although maybe a little more fuss to set up. Also, carry a pump with you, or adjust after you have had the tube in the water 5 minutes and the air inside has had a chance to equalize.

If you were to ask me, I'd go with the foam back seat cushion and the inflatable butt cushion.

Only thing is you really gotta make up a good rod rack on those tubes.

Prowler_Tuber
05-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Go with OUTCAST. I have a Prowler but the LCS is one of the best on the market. Also the company stands behind their product and they have great customer service.

greg
05-09-2009, 09:21 PM
I also have a FC4 but the storage of the foam pads take up a lot of room, especially if you have to travel in a small car or storage in the garage. Those inflatable seats sounds attractive. Plus you don't have to deal with the mildew that those foam seats can develop.