PDA

View Full Version : 5/1 Crowley - One Tough Day

greg
05-01-2009, 05:28 PM
Got the weekend off after a month of those nasty 80 work weeks :( Drove up last night and rented a boat. Started trolling by 8 and nail 3 small one on the pink Cultiva between the harbor and big Hilton Bay at 3 colors. Thought it was going to be a good day so I released 2 of them. Trolled up the West Shores to McGee Bay where I dropped anchor in 16 feet of water. My first cast on an inflated crawler, got another small one (and released with the hook on the lip). Waited for another hour with nada then moved to another spot for a quick 2 pounder (kept it) in McGee Bay. Got another small one and kept it. Now it's noon and I have only 3 so I tried more trolling. 2 colors, 3 colors, 2 1/2 colors, 4 colors with pink and red flame cultiva, 3 different Tazmainian Devils, several Needlefish, broken back Rapalas for nothing. Dealing with the winds and sprinkles on and off all day. Around 3:30, got a strong cold wind from the north with bigger rain drops so I called it a day.

At the cleaning station, saw some 3-4 pounder. They were caught at Sandy Point and Alligator Point. A few perch were also being cleaned (caught by mistake).

Not sure if I'm up for Crowley tomorrow with this front coming in. May tube lower Twin (just iced out) or Convict. May even try June Lake Loop. Time for a beer (or 3) and BBQ at Angels..

keenefish
05-02-2009, 12:07 AM
We were on the yaks today, my budy managed a limit and I got two and farmed a bunch trolling the red cultivta. It was tough yesterday too, I heard gator area has been producing so we might hit it up sunday.
Late
Keene

Marley
05-02-2009, 08:06 PM
I heard last week of quite a few of the bigger fish coming from the Alligator Point area on the troll. They wanted the Cultivas then, too. Didn't get the color. I like flame.

redelf
05-07-2009, 11:55 AM
Keenefish,

WTF? Thanks for the call.

I did alot better than you guys, I managed at least 20 fish per day, but it was mainly in the streams and rivers. Most of this was in catch and release waters. I did hit a high elevation lake for a fish for every cast.

keenefish
05-07-2009, 12:07 PM
Keenefish,

WTF? Thanks for the call.

I did alot better than you guys, I managed at least 20 fish per day, but it was mainly in the streams and rivers. Most of this was in catch and release waters. I did hit a high elevation lake for a fish for every cast.

I figured you were on your own agenda and I wanted to fish Crowley as much as possible. We fished the wild catch and release parts of the rivers and caught a bunch more fish and we finished Sunday off at PVR where we got easy limits in a few hours on night crawlers and power bait.

troutdog
05-08-2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks for the update, still sounds like an enjoyable day out on the water....

TD