PDA

View Full Version : Ultra ???

castaway1
06-18-2007, 04:58 PM
Anyone fished on the Ultra out of Newport Landing??

Brian_GSC
06-18-2007, 10:36 PM
GREAT boat, VERY fishy.

If you want to charter it, you have to book through the landing, and they will stick it to you. You are better off going open-party.

I was out on the Ultra last weekend (Sat) and we got @ 18 yellows and WFO calicos for 4hrs straight. GOOD fishing.

seanyboi
06-18-2007, 10:37 PM
ive heard that boat is awesome. i have always noticed pretty decent counts too whenever i look at newports fishcount page.

CharlieB
06-19-2007, 12:54 AM
Very good Boat, And A very good Crew. For a small group a great bouat and out fishes most of the big Boats. Had limits of seabass (3) and yellow's today.

RL-IN-OC
06-19-2007, 07:17 AM
I highly recommend the Ultra, lots of elbow room, fast boat, I hear 20+ knots. We usually charter this boat 2-3 times a year. Captains Brian and Doug work there a$$es off to get fish on the boat. We were on about a month ago, 8 of us got 32 YT, hooked over 50, (bunch of farmers) and all the bass you wanted. They have a huge fish hold below deck, so our fish were frig fresh, not sittin in a sack all day in the sun. It may seem a little pricey, but worth it to have 8 of your fishing buddies on one boat. You definitey get what you pay for.
IF you can, try and go on a weekday, a little less expensive and less boats on the water. Good Luck !