PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Team Berkley

Marley
04-30-2009, 08:23 PM
We began to hear it in on KIBS as soon as we came into their range. I had also read about it in WON. Berkley had roving teams of tackle reps out all over the Eastern Sierras opening weekend whose assignment was to make contact with anglers , find out whether they had Power Bait, Gulp or other Berkley products with them while fishing. Well....Saturday afternoon at Convict, I was approached by a team wearing Berkley red team jackets who did, indeed, find out that I was carrying a plethora of their product. Upon that affirmation I was offered a handful of plain, white cards from which I was to choose one. The one I chose was good for a $25 WalMart gift card, which I was given on the spot. They had just given away the $500 card they were carrying, and gave away a $100 card to the folks fishing 50 feet down the shoreline from me. Thank you, Berkley, for the gift card and for all you do for fishing. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.I took the opportunity to tell you in person last year at the Hot Creek hatchery when we offered to share our picnic lunch with you, but that was not quite as public as the forum here.

billy b
05-01-2009, 09:50 AM
What kind of stuff were you using ... anything new (gulp stuff)

And were they pushing or suggesting anything new?

troutdog
05-01-2009, 10:02 AM
Berkely pro-staff consists of some very quality individual....I would proudly wear that jacket any day. Thanks for sharing your experience Marley....

Man I can't help but laugh when I think of you and the infamous "Marley Meltdown" in Woody's Cove last month :LOL:

See you out there,

TD

Marley
05-01-2009, 10:20 PM
Man I can't help but laugh when I think of you and the infamous "Marley Meltdown" in Woody's Cove last month :LOL:
TD

Yeah, that one came at me out of left field. Those two pushed the envelope way too far and then to come back and run over the fish after being asked to hold back, I lost it. I think they thought they were gonna die or something. Good thing I only think I can sometimes walk on water, no?