PDA

View Full Version : GC fishing help.

Ifishtoolittle
04-30-2009, 05:28 PM
Hi everyone as you may all well know GC fishing is by far the easiest way to bass fish. Though this is true I have encountered a difficult GC to fish at. The situation is that the bass in the pond eat only baby bass, bluegill, and dragonflies. So if you were in my situation how would you fish this? I've tried some storm bluegill swimbaits, zoom flukes, and small dropshot worms with little results. I have though caught some bass incidentally when catching bluegills, and it's not to say the bluegills are small I mean these gills were from the 6"-10" range. I've had one incident when a 3lb+ bass ate my 7" male bluegill when it was guarding his nest. Another was when I hooked into a small bass fry and a 2lber striked at it. So how would you guys fish in this situation?

fishindude
04-30-2009, 06:47 PM
What do you mean by GC? If I were you, have you tried flylining worms? Give a try. Good luck.

Ifishtoolittle
04-30-2009, 07:42 PM
What do you mean by GC? If I were you, have you tried flylining worms? Give a try. Good luck.

GC= Golf course, and thanks for the info.

calico killer kevin
04-30-2009, 07:49 PM
Find a nice Baby Bass shallow crankbait, Mattlures Bluegill, or a Dragonfly fly.

bass assassin#23
04-30-2009, 07:53 PM
pm sent.:Smile:

bsp
04-30-2009, 08:18 PM
Mattlures Bluegill. It may seem pricey at $20, but that's cheap for a high quality swim bait. Eventually you'll start dropping close to a hundred or even two hundred (Born Again Armageddon) on a bait once you get into swimbait fishing.

One thing to mention is that you might need to boil it to soften up the plastic. The normal Mattlures Bluegills not so much supposedly, but I really needed to boil my Ultimate Bluegill to get the tail to kick at slower speeds and the fins to stick out.

pasadenafishin
04-30-2009, 08:54 PM
i third the mattlures bluegill, also just flyline a nightcrawler ( the smaller ones) and stitch is back. the night crawler looks like a mosquito fish which is most deffinitly in the golfcourse pond

SoCalSteve
04-30-2009, 08:56 PM
At most GC spots you if you try these 2 methods, one will get bit. First, try crawling a creature or craw on the bottom very slowly. If that doesn't work, try topwater. I like the frog, but have seen the buzzbait and popper get drilled. Remember most GC ponds are warm and shallow so the fish don't have to travel far to blow up on a surface bait.

Keep in mind that these methods work for me at night..I've never tried during the day.

Ifishtoolittle
04-30-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys.

Stormcrow
04-30-2009, 10:55 PM
Dont say I never gave you anything:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/prewittmd/finesse-gitzit.jpg

Ifishtoolittle
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Dont say I never gave you anything:

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i191/prewittmd/finesse-gitzit.jpg

Never will, but I wil give those a shot. Thanks!

steveg1980
05-05-2009, 01:28 PM
I think I've fished that GC you are talking about and we did well with 1/8 white spinners and buzzbaits. Didn't see anyone get hit on the frogs or much luck with plastics. Seems like those fish are shy of anything too large.