PDA

View Full Version : Crowley/Convict 6/16-6/17

tunaitch
06-18-2007, 04:12 PM
Finally hit Crowley for the first time this Saturday, water was extremely dirty with Algae everywhere. Bring your deet!! Good lord that place was heavy with bugs, swallowed one as we were leaving the launch. :shock: Did'nt really know where to go so headed up the north arm to look for cleaner water. Landed a few rainbow trout on the worm, but it was way to windy so we decided to try for some perch, ended up with 6.

We decided to hit convict in the afternoon to clean out that dirty water on my boat. WOW, awesome, NICE, holly SH#$ that water is clear...my thoughts as I launched my boat. Only landed a few trout here but the inlet was definetly happening, to bad it was packed with peeps.

Sunday- Decided to give Crowley another shot, but this time we wanted to slay the perch! Fished for 4 hours until we got burnt but landed a whopping 30 fish! Nice way to end our trip.

[/img]

greg
06-18-2007, 06:15 PM
Thanks for the report.

Nice catch there with them perch...

ryanerb
06-18-2007, 08:17 PM
I fished the inlet maybe about a month ago, and couldn't figure it out. Its about 1 ft deep and then drops very steep to like 30-50-100 ft.... where exactly do the fish hold? half way down the shelf? or more off to the left (if you are looking at the inlet from a boat) where it gets a little more shallow? Maybe i'm dumb, but i couldn't quite get anything there, I had better luck at the outlet.

diamondbear
06-18-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the report , great pic of convict

Troutman65
06-28-2007, 05:48 PM
Thanks for the report !!

Congrats on catching them perch.

Thanks for the great photos !!!!

Tm65