PDA

View Full Version : Huddleston 6" Weedless swimbait

makersmark
04-30-2009, 03:44 PM
Had one delivered to my work today, ran down to Puddingstone at lunch to check it out, sick little lure! Its nice and seamless, the ROF 5 weighs about an ounce, and I was tossing it with a bass rod and 10 lb line with no problems, its virtually weedless, I let it hit the bottom and slowly dragged it and not even a hitch. Threw it in a submerged brush pile and let it sink in, no problem. Its pretty close to the size of the DFG stockers. It's only around $16 too. Just thought I would share the info for the guys that want to fish a good swim bait without beefing up their current bass gear.
Tight Lines

tacklejunkie
05-01-2009, 09:45 AM
Sweet.
I had a similar idea for a balsa topwater 8" trout bait that didn't weigh hardly anything.
made from flat balsa or basswood sheets. No pun intended.
Line-through to light wire hook(s).
You could throw it on 6-12lb test no probs.
Never made the dang thing though. Oh well. :LOL:
Let us know when you bag one on that sucker.

camman
05-01-2009, 09:55 AM
its a great little bait...i've done very well with it. Though i've noticed that I miss quite a few bites with the weedless version. I would say on 1/2 those bites the fish came back for a second whack at it. I pretty much throw the non-weedless version exclusively and have a better hook up ratio

swimbait101
05-03-2009, 07:25 PM
its a great bait and i love mine...espescially when you get it for free.........................................

swimbait101
05-05-2009, 04:40 PM
cant tell were i got it......