PDA

View Full Version : EagleCuda 168

LunkerLover
04-29-2009, 09:06 PM
guys/gals:

...I need to know (I know NOTHING about fish finders) ... A new/Never used cuda 168 with transducer ... not the portable one .... is $60 a good deal. I'm gunna meet up with a dude from Craigslist tomo...

thanks 4 tha feedback....???

Ifishtoolittle
04-29-2009, 11:28 PM
i have one and I regret pruchasing it. The reson is that the ability of the fishfinder to actually find fish is total bulls@#$! The only thing that is accurate about it is its ability to detect the temperature and depth of an area.

So basically invest in another fishfinder.

LunkerLover
04-30-2009, 07:41 AM
i have one and I regret pruchasing it. The reson is that the ability of the fishfinder to actually find fish is total bulls@#$! The only thing that is accurate about it is its ability to detect the temperature and depth of an area.

So basically invest in another fishfinder.

Yo Fishtoolittle:

What about accurately depicting bottom structure and drop-offs/underwater topography???? ... I mean, I know it's a low-res/low-pix black and white, but.....help? ANYBODY else?https://www.aqualarm.net/fishgeargalore/fishgear/store/catalog/15071.jpg

https://www.aqualarm.net/fishgeargalore/fishgear/store/catalog/15071.jpg

Stormcrow
04-30-2009, 08:14 AM
you know what, you dont really need to see fish. If you can see bottom structure accurately and topography thats all you need.

Skyler
04-30-2009, 09:57 AM
I'd go with a dual beam sonar myself. You will actually see some of the fish then, lol. But yeah, the fish finder should actually be called a "structure finder." Unless you hit a suspending school, it's gonna be a bit tough to tell 'em from the crap on the bottom.

LunkerLover
05-04-2009, 07:38 PM
Oh well - bought it ... $55 ... BRAND new with all hardware and transducer .. installin this weekend... oh boy yeah ... NPH here I come...

Ifishtoolittle
05-04-2009, 08:13 PM
Oh well - bought it ... $55 ... BRAND new with all hardware and transducer .. installin this weekend... oh boy yeah ... NPH here I come...

Let me know how it works maybe mine's is just CR@P!

GeordyBass
05-04-2009, 08:33 PM
I have one on my whaler and it works good for structure,dips and stuff,I dont use fishfinders for seeing fish anyways,unless I'm trolling but the fishfinding isn't accurate,,,lol,,,Good Luck bro,,,

calico killer kevin
05-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Let me know how it works maybe mine's is just CR@P!
The majority lower end fishfinders won't accurately read fish anyway. To get a finder that "finds" fish, you're either gonna have to dish out at least $200 or follow Wingnut.

My Humminbird is oretty good at reading fish, but isn't something that should be heavily relied on. Most fish don't just hangout in open water waiting to be caught, they are either chasing bait or around structure. Most people I know don't even turn the fish marks on and depend solely on the bottom readings.