PDA

View Full Version : finally!!!!!

rusty6
04-29-2009, 08:29 PM
rock cod season is opening up here!!!! time to get me some taco meat!!!!

hakaveli
04-29-2009, 09:07 PM

lol WHAT where in cali are u

ghetto dad
04-29-2009, 10:44 PM

lol WHAT where in cali are u

lmao...must be up north

GD

rusty6
04-30-2009, 07:29 AM
im up here in san luis obispo for school and have been dying to get out there for the shallow water codding ever since the season has opened for you guys down there

LA Smoker
04-30-2009, 10:07 AM
Hey Rusty, let us know how the codding goes up there. I've been dying to fish your neck of the woods. Post up some pics please!

jerryG
05-01-2009, 02:51 AM
Before they began the seasonal cod closures during the winter I used to drive up to San Luis, Morro Bay, and Avilla from LA all the time to go codding. As long as the weather was decent. Once you get above Point Conception the weather conditions are a lot more severe. Rough weather is the norm up there. I've been up there on days when the water was calm and glassy all day but usually I would be fishing in wind and swell. Never the less the codding was always fantastic up there in terms of both the quantity and quality of the fish making it well worth the long drive. Lots of big reds, lings, chuckles.

There were a lot days when every other angler on the boat was a rent rodder. I usually hang out in the bow bounching jigs but we would fish spots shallow enough that I could get away with fishing big swimbaits as well. We fished spots as shallow as 50.. It was like fishing sand bass except it was all big cod and lings. Let us know how you do for the opener. Should be outstanding..

JerryG