PDA

View Full Version : Moabi Regional Park Fishing (Colorado river) Help

jdmac1
04-29-2009, 01:18 PM
I will be spending Memorial weekend camping at Moabi Regional Park. I would like to try some shore fishing while I'm there. I'm thinking the catfish should be on the chew and ?

What kind of rigging would I need for whatever you think I have a chance on catching. I have everything from ultra lites to saltwater rods and reels so I just need to know what to bring. Whatever you suggest I probably have it or if I have to make a run to BassPro shop well then I'll just have to tough it out and go :)

Thanks in advance for any comments or suggestions you may have.

Setup suggestions:
Line size
Weight szie
Hooks
Lures
Bait
???

yolo
04-29-2009, 02:24 PM
There are lots of stripers off the rock points on all the peninsula sites that are on the main river. Hopefully your spot is one of those. If not, you can drive back there and peninsula site 16 and also 2 or 3 are public day use and you could fish the rocky points there. Use a chunk of anchovy. You can also chuck lures. Moabi is one of my favorite spots on the river for camping but only the peninsula sites. The main campground is ok too but nothing compares to having your own beach on the river like the peninsula sites offer. There are carp, cats and bass in the channel that goes back to the main camprgound. They even stock trout in there but probably not this time of year.