PDA

View Full Version : Shasta

Pinekap
04-28-2009, 07:22 PM
I will going up to Shasta Lake in 2 weeks. I am wondering if anyone can give me some tips on what lures and bait to bring. I will most likely be fishing from shoreline most of the time.

Thanks

Pinekap.

FISHNCHIPS
04-29-2009, 09:22 PM
I put the same question up weeks ago and nothing. Must not be anyone up here fishing Shasta and checking in here but me. I would guess that the spawn is starting. Water is 55 feet from full.
I'm an hour east of Shasta and want to fish it soon. Tried Britton Saturday and the crappie were slow due to cooling.
I'll check the local info and get back in a day or two.

Pinekap
04-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Thanks. I appreciate the info.

Pinekap

Fresh H2O Bill
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Pinekap and Fishnchips,

I fished Shasta in June of 07 for eight days. I don't know if you're fishing from shore or boat. I fished from my boat. I had great success at numerous locations. I hit the points early with Zara Spooks. I had good success at bridge/train tressel pilings with palstics. I had good to great success with plastics at drop-offs.

I mainly finness fish with a Mojo set-up. I do and did occasionally use a drop shot set-up. The plastics that were effective for me at that time were 4-1/2" and 6" Robo worms in Morning Dawn, Aaron's Magic, green wiennie, and Folkstad Special. Most fish were caught in 15'-30' of water. I also had good success with Yum crawdad plastics in green and red colors.

Hopefully this will help, the water was a little lower when I was there than what you currently have now.

Good luck and have a great time,

Bill

Matthew 4:19

Pinekap
04-30-2009, 12:43 PM
Thanks Bill.

Pinekap

FISHNCHIPS
04-30-2009, 09:07 PM
Not a lot of info in this week's report but here it is:
A glow Stick on a carolina rig,dartheaded worms,and dropshot worms produced bass from 8 to 20 feet out but the average depth was 12 feet,some fish were even shallower.
I would expect to see some spawn starting in a couple of weeks.

troutdog
04-30-2009, 09:49 PM
Been a long time, but the bass we caught all came on 6 inch dark worms, Carolina rigged. We were on a house boat and had some issues, so we got stuck in the same spot for a couple of days....I got a gorgeous trout soaking some rainbow pb while twitching some plastics for bass.

Good luck and have fun....watch your back, cause that is where Bigfoot lives!

TD

Pinekap
05-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Once again. Thanks for all the info. I can't wait to get up there.

PineKap