PDA

View Full Version : Swine Flu ...

Troutman65
04-28-2009, 04:06 AM
Wow, I have not really seen the news in the last few days . So I turn on the news and the Swine Flu is all over it. I sure hope it don't turn into a world wide Pandemic.:EyePop: I can not recive a flu shot due to an illness I had before that prevents me from ever getting one.. I sure will be washing my hands often and not shaking anyones hands till this out break is over.

ghetto dad
04-28-2009, 06:40 AM
Wow, I have not really seen the news in the last few days . So I turn on the news and the Swine Flu is all over it. I sure hope it don't turn into a world wide Pandemic.:EyePop: I can not recive a flu shot due to an illness I had before that prevents me from ever getting one.. I sure will be washing my hands often and not shaking anyones hands till this out break is over.

thats cool patrick...we can still French kiss at least...:ROFL:

Yeah,,,,scary stuff...they should close the borders......

GD

lalo56
04-28-2009, 06:46 AM
Its 2 notches below pandemic...

City Dad
04-28-2009, 06:50 AM
...bacon is good...

Cangler
04-28-2009, 06:55 AM
Oink oink ...

Its all a load of pig sit ...

Flu kills hundreds of thousands of people every year anyway

lalo56
04-28-2009, 07:02 AM
...bacon is good...

Sure is. Good thing is you can eat it still without worrying about getting infected.

Troutman65
04-28-2009, 07:06 AM
Flu kills hundreds of thousands of people every year anyway

True that. This could be something different.

deanhall32
04-28-2009, 07:09 AM
Just cancelled my trip to Cancun. At least the airlines will let me switch places. Hummm... where should I go?? Any ideas?

tpfishnfool
04-28-2009, 08:02 AM
Just cancelled my trip to Cancun. At least the airlines will let me switch places. Hummm... where should I go?? Any ideas?

Alaska Bro !!

sansou
04-28-2009, 08:16 AM

Puerto Vallarta for some 100lb+ YFT....just a thought!

This swine flu has been the greatest thing ever for the media.... Anyone remember the Avian flu "pandemic"? Oh yeah, by the way its still around, so please don't eat any asian food products at all. :Rolls Eyes:

Close the borders? Ummmm, and how is that going to help? Those advocating closing the borders seem to have an agenda other than public health in mind...

We already have 3 cases in San Diego County....and by the way, they are being treated with chicken soup and are considered "recovered". (per newsletter my kid brought home yesterday from school issued by San Diego County Health & Human Services Agency) LOL

deanhall32
04-28-2009, 08:44 AM
Alaska Bro !!

Don't think the GF will get much of a tan on the Kenai peninsula but thanks for the thought!!

City Dad
04-28-2009, 08:46 AM

This swine flu has been the greatest thing ever for the media.... Anyone remember the Avian flu "pandemic"? Oh yeah, by the way its still around, so please don't eat any asian food products at all. :Rolls Eyes:

Close the borders? Ummmm, and how is that going to help? Those advocating closing the borders seem to have an agenda other than public health in mind...

We already have 3 cases in San Diego County....and by the way, they are being treated with chicken soup and are considered "recovered". (per newsletter my kid brought home yesterday from school issued by San Diego County Health & Human Services Agency) LOL

OBJECTION!

YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

HERE COME THE JUDGE!

You are just flat-out wrong, Rich!

Kiss your dog and return the library books, forTHE END IS COMMING!!!...again.

sansou
04-28-2009, 09:06 AM
OBJECTION!

YOU'RE OUT OF ORDER!

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!

HERE COME THE JUDGE!

You are just flat-out wrong, Rich!

Kiss your dog and return the library books, forTHE END IS COMMING!!!...again.

City Dad,

Have you been revisiting your Kraftwerk album collection again. I notice you get so perturbed after you listen to them.

http://tinyurl.com/dc5dmq

:ROFL:

City Dad
04-28-2009, 09:11 AM
City Dad,

Have you been revisiting your Kraftwerk album collection again. I notice you get so perturbed after you listen to them.

http://tinyurl.com/dc5dmq

:ROFL:

our "IT department" had been monkeying with some "security measures" I get an error which contains the phrases "Access denies" then blah, blah, blah, then "hacking proxy avoidence systems"

?

But seriously, my good barrister, your level-headed attitude is zero fun!!! Let's start thinking about the entertainment value of utter panic.

sansou
04-28-2009, 09:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=847Y_hGzvIU&feature=related

City Dad
04-28-2009, 09:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=847Y_hGzvIU&feature=related

dang, foiled again. I'll just have to look at that when I get home... IF SWINE FLU DOESN'T GET ME FIRST!!!!! I knew I shoulda kept Kosher.

sansou
04-28-2009, 09:46 AM
dang, foiled again. I'll just have to look at that when I get home... IF SWINE FLU DOESN'T GET ME FIRST!!!!! I knew I shoulda kept Kosher.

What you need to do is feed those fascist IT guys at work some nice carnitas burritos....and then you'll be free to surf wherever you want!

City Dad
04-28-2009, 09:51 AM
What you need to do is feed those fascist IT guys at work some nice carnitas burritos....and then you'll be free to surf wherever you want!

Naw... they're to dang smart for that. I just over-heard them swearing off football until it's safe again...

joe man
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM

Rich I am all for closing the border for various reasons but one of those reasons is public health. I do not think by closing the border we will completely avoid things like the swine flu, TB, or other illnesses that are prevalent in Mexico but we can slow the spread of these illnesses down a little. There is also the issue of people bringing in biological agents to cause illness here. What is to prevent biological warfare from crossing a border that remains virtually unchecked? Do I have an agenda? Yes I think we need to stop allowing our country to be put at risk of those who want to do us harm as well as to those who will use the open borders to extend their drug empire into the US. I also think it is high time we stopped allowing the economical burden created by illegal immigration to take place with no attempts at stopping it. There is no sound logic behind allowing illegal immigration from any country.

City Dad
04-28-2009, 10:35 AM
Rich I am all for closing the border for various reasons but one of those reasons is public health. I do not think by closing the border we will completely avoid things like the swine flu, TB, or other illnesses that are prevalent in Mexico but we can slow the spread of these illnesses down a little. There is also the issue of people bringing in biological agents to cause illness here. What is to prevent biological warfare from crossing a border that remains virtually unchecked? Do I have an agenda? Yes I think we need to stop allowing our country to be put at risk of those who want to do us harm as well as to those who will use the open borders to extend their drug empire into the US. I also think it is high time we stopped allowing the economical burden created by illegal immigration to take place with no attempts at stopping it. There is no sound logic behind allowing illegal immigration from any country.

I have been swayed by this persuasive argument! But why stop at closing the border? Orchid! Bees wax! Magic! I say we invade and begin our quest to wipe Romantic languages from the face of the Earth. Saspirilla! Headlights! Concrete!

Skyler
04-28-2009, 01:39 PM
The funny thing is I probably just had the same bug, lol. My wife and I both were sick for the last week with high fevers (mine made it up to 103!), chills, cramping muscles, aches, pains, shivering, etc. No stomach symptoms though. We are fine now after a week of rest, gatorade, dextromethorphan, and ibuprofen, lol. I wouldn't worry about it too much. A flu is a flu, no matter what they name it.

DarkShadow
04-28-2009, 01:46 PM
Swine flu is a 'viral' marketing campaign being put on by Chik Fil A.

I too am swayed by this insightful analysis.

If only the Native Americans would've been able to read intelligent posts like this one back in the day, and closed the borders before they received the care packages filled with small pox....

Cangler
04-28-2009, 03:23 PM

If only the Native Americans would've been able to read intelligent posts like this one back in the day, and closed the borders before they received the care packages filled with small pox....

Haha ... And if they had got round to inventing the wheel and gunpowder they may had been successful

joe man
04-28-2009, 09:37 PM

They did get the bad end of the immigration policy in place at that time. Oh thats right there wasn't one. We both know that every thing that has happened in the past was not right but that does not mean we should allow it to happen again.

olfishergal
04-29-2009, 12:11 AM
Thats why were all Heinz 57 folks, no pure breds in this or anyother country. BTW this strain of Swine Flu is a combination of Swine, Avian, and Human flu. Its no worse than any flu we contract every year that kills thousands. (survival of the fittest) Closing the boarders will do nothing for the flu, too late. Once the first case got started it was too late since the incubation is around 10 days. Thats 10 days a person with it exposed themselves before it showed up. Masks are only effective for a couple of hours. The droplets will work through and infect u mask or not. Don't worry about it too much. If you get it, chicken soup, rest fluids etc etc, same way you treat any flu. Of course if you have a job and insurance, Tamiflu might help relieve your symptoms. Best advise I can give is, if you feel sick, stay home. If your co-worker comes in sick, send them home. I send any patients home before they get in if they are sick. and WASH YOUR HANDS frequently. most of this is common sense..........uh oh the magic words......Most people don't know what common sense is.........we're in deep dog doo doo.......:ROFL:
OFG

Troutman65
04-29-2009, 05:47 AM
Thats why were all Heinz 57 folks, no pure breds in this or anyother country. BTW this strain of Swine Flu is a combination of Swine, Avian, and Human flu. Its no worse than any flu we contract every year that kills thousands. (survival of the fittest) Closing the boarders will do nothing for the flu, too late. Once the first case got started it was too late since the incubation is around 10 days. Thats 10 days a person with it exposed themselves before it showed up. Masks are only effective for a couple of hours. The droplets will work through and infect u mask or not. Don't worry about it too much. If you get it, chicken soup, rest fluids etc etc, same way you treat any flu. Of course if you have a job and insurance, Tamiflu might help relieve your symptoms. Best advise I can give is, if you feel sick, stay home. If your co-worker comes in sick, send them home. I send any patients home before they get in if they are sick. and WASH YOUR HANDS frequently. most of this is common sense..........uh oh the magic words......Most people don't know what common sense is.........we're in deep dog doo doo.......:ROFL:
OFG

Best reply yet.IMHO.:Wink:

City Dad
04-29-2009, 09:41 AM
Thats why were all Heinz 57 folks, no pure breds in this or anyother country.

Actually, I think that Canadians are a pure race, aren't they?

IMHO we oughta close that boarder. I used to live up there and beleive me, our "neighbors to the North" have no respect for Americans at all - even though our red-blooded nine-teen-year-olds spend, like, thousands of dollars up there each year on Kokanee and strippers named Squirel or Rascal and the fertilize Canada's public spaces with our thick, rich American vommit... at least that's what I've heard anyhow.

but, yeah, maybe would should call "Swine flu" "WOLF! flu"

The Angler
04-29-2009, 11:45 AM
Rich I am all for closing the border for various reasons but one of those reasons is public health. I do not think by closing the border we will completely avoid things like the swine flu, TB, or other illnesses that are prevalent in Mexico but we can slow the spread of these illnesses down a little.
Closing down any borders be it Mexico or Canada will have no effect.
common sence dude the virus is alreay here doing its thing there already reports all over the US & the world this is just a plain out ignorant idea.

There is also the issue of people bringing in biological agents to cause illness here. What is to prevent biological warfare from crossing a border that remains virtually unchecked? Do I have an agenda? Yes I think we need to stop allowing our country to be put at risk of those who want to do us harm as well as to those who will use the open borders to extend their drug empire into the US.
Haha if you only knew THE TRUTH its already shown that the "SWIN FLU"
Is not natural virus its a hybrid of sorts which can only be mean it was made as a biological weapon made by the US goverment itself ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IhrIbIts-8

I also think it is high time we stopped allowing the economical burden created by illegal immigration to take place with no attempts at stopping it. There is no sound logic behind allowing illegal immigration from any country

OMFG this statement is just plain out idiotic. Oh yea the economy is screwed because thousands of illegal mexicans come to US and work long hours for pennies manufacture pretty much everything here in the US illegally By greedy companys to save money & fill there pockets then let there companys go to **** then take the taxpayers money to fix it. Oh Yea its the illegal immagrants alright.

The crazy thing is..... that mankind will not die of nuclear war, famine, disease or any other man made thing....man will die of ignorance

Watch & Learn instead of blaming Race & being a sterotype. History repeats itself yet we are to stupid to see it until ite slapped us in the face. Still we are powerless not matter what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

CASTAWAY
04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
wash you hands people.......

Date: Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 7:52 AM
Subject: Urgent Health Update
To: All Students <all-students@csulb.edu>

Campus Community,

Late Tuesday evening we were informed by the Long Beach Health Department that a CSULB student received a “probable positive” test result for swine flu. Final determination of the test results will not be available for another two days.

The student, who is a resident of the Los Alamitos Residence Hall, first felt ill on Sunday, and went to Student Health Services to see a doctor on Monday. Because the symptoms matched those related to swine flu, precautionary arrangements were immediately made for the student’s roommate to stay elsewhere. In addition to residents of Los Alamitos Hall, the student’s classmates and faculty are being notified. The affected individual is currently isolated while recuperating from an apparently mild case of this disease. It is also important to note that the student has not attended classes this week.

It is extremely important for all of us to be careful of health concerns at this time. This means that if you are feeling flu-like symptoms, you should not come to class or to work. The symptoms that the Centers for Disease Control have connected with swine flu are fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, headache, chills and fatigue, with some people also experiencing diarrhea and vomiting. Please see your personal physician, or if you are a student visit the Student Health Center if you are experiencing these symptoms. We are also responsible for practicing good health habits: wash your hands carefully and frequently, remain physically active, drink plenty of fluids and eat nutritious foods. Avoid close contact with those who are sick.

CSULB is committed to keeping you informed at this time. A hotline, 562-985-1460, will be available for answering questions specific to swine flu later today; and information posted directly from the Centers for Disease Control, the World Health Organization and the California Department of Public Health are available on the university’s Web site home page under “Medical Advisory.” Campus updates will also be available on the Web site.

At this time, U.S. cases of swine flu have been mild, and available antivirals have been effective in combating the disease. We are continuing to monitor the situation and are working closely with the Long Beach Department of Health to benefit the health and welfare of our community.

Thank you for your continued concern and cooperation.

F. King Alexander
President

--
Barry Nerhus
President of OC Chapter of Society for ConBio
Co-Chair Conservation Committee Sea and Sage Audubon
Graduate Student
www.ocscb.org (http://www.ocscb.org/)

California State University, Long Beach
Department of Biological Sciences
bnerhus@gmail.com

NICKYMOUSE8
04-29-2009, 12:32 PM
why swine so fine of a time to plague on mankind!!!!

J. Owen
04-29-2009, 01:47 PM
Close the f...ing borders!!!!
Simple answer!!!!!!!!

City Dad
04-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Simple answer!!!!!!!!

... me no can understand fancy talk...
the "filming borders?"
the "farming borders?"
the "fawning borders?"
the "foaming borders?"
the "fisting borders?"
the "finking borders?"
the "fitting borders?"
the "farting borders?"

Such a fine line between simple and stupid ;)

NICKYMOUSE8
04-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Simple answer!!!!!!!!Yeah real simple gringo.Tell you what amigo make it simpler and go hire some hard working Mexican immigrant gladly,respectfully help you close or build whatever cabron!!

victor101
04-29-2009, 06:41 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e238/philwatz07/popcorn.jpg

GeordyBass
04-29-2009, 07:14 PM
close the border temporarily,,,

joe man
04-29-2009, 07:50 PM
Rich I am all for closing the border for various reasons but one of those reasons is public health. I do not think by closing the border we will completely avoid things like the swine flu, TB, or other illnesses that are prevalent in Mexico but we can slow the spread of these illnesses down a little.
Closing down any borders be it Mexico or Canada will have no effect.
common sence dude the virus is alreay here doing its thing there already reports all over the US & the world this is just a plain out ignorant idea.

There is also the issue of people bringing in biological agents to cause illness here. What is to prevent biological warfare from crossing a border that remains virtually unchecked? Do I have an agenda? Yes I think we need to stop allowing our country to be put at risk of those who want to do us harm as well as to those who will use the open borders to extend their drug empire into the US.
Haha if you only knew THE TRUTH its already shown that the "SWIN FLU"
Is not natural virus its a hybrid of sorts which can only be mean it was made as a biological weapon made by the US goverment itself ?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IhrIbIts-8

I also think it is high time we stopped allowing the economical burden created by illegal immigration to take place with no attempts at stopping it. There is no sound logic behind allowing illegal immigration from any country

OMFG this statement is just plain out idiotic. Oh yea the economy is screwed because thousands of illegal mexicans come to US and work long hours for pennies manufacture pretty much everything here in the US illegally By greedy companys to save money & fill there pockets then let there companys go to **** then take the taxpayers money to fix it. Oh Yea its the illegal immagrants alright.

The crazy thing is..... that mankind will not die of nuclear war, famine, disease or any other man made thing....man will die of ignorance

Watch & Learn instead of blaming Race & being a sterotype. History repeats itself yet we are to stupid to see it until ite slapped us in the face. Still we are powerless not matter what

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

Angler I am not blaming our economy on illegal immigrants. I agree with the information that your link provided. I have done a lot of research on the cost of illegal immigration for
papers I had to write in college and it is a very large burden on the tax payers. I would be glad to email you the papers as well as the references that were cited.

I noticed that you think I am blaming race but I do not see things that way. Illegal is not a race and I did not differentiate or single out any race. I am not attacking any group of people but rather it is policy that I see as the failure. If you think I am a racist I ask that you take the time to find out more about me rather than stereotyping me in with some groups that do push this issue because of race fear.

My family as well as most of the ones I hang with is mixed. When I say they are mixed that may be a little bit of an understatement because we do not just span one or two races. The people I hang with the most, including my family, desend from Asia, Mexico, Europe, South America, Hawaii, Tonga, Samoa, Africa, and Central America. Some of the people from each of these countries: Asia, Mexico, South America, Samoa, Tonga, and Central America are all first generation immigrants and one of the Mexicans was an illegal immigrant at one time, she is now my daughters's god mother. Racism would not play well in the crowd I run with.

Sue
04-29-2009, 08:14 PM
To those of you saying "Close the Border"..........it's not just the border with Mexico anymore. The disease is global, which means if you want to close one border we have to close them all. No incoming travellers from anywhere.

Get back to not being stupid (racist) and stop blaming the 'flu in illegal immigration. Jeez.

joe man
04-29-2009, 08:49 PM
To those of you saying "Close the Border"..........it's not just the border with Mexico anymore. The disease is global, which means if you want to close one border we have to close them all. No incoming travellers from anywhere.

Get back to not being stupid (racist) and stop blaming the 'flu in illegal immigration. Jeez.

The flu was more than likely brought here by American tourist returning home from Mexico going off of the reports I Heard. If this is the case then even closing the borders to illegal immigration would not have stopped the virus from getting here but it may prevent some new carriers from getting here. I do not think the flu is the biggest issue that needs to be looked at in regards to border security.

Sue
04-29-2009, 08:52 PM
The flu was more than likely brought here by American tourist returning home from Mexico going off of the reports I Heard. If this is the case then even closing the borders to illegal immigration would not have stopped the virus from getting here but it may prevent some new carriers from getting here. I do not think the flu is the biggest issue that needs to be looked at in regards to border security.

It's an entirely different story all together. Illegals come from all over, not just Mexico.

lalo56
04-29-2009, 09:02 PM
according to the news its "eminent" to prevent a pandemic

joe man
04-29-2009, 09:04 PM
It's an entirely different story all together. Illegals come from all over, not just Mexico.

Yes they do and many of them (I would even say most) have nothing but the best of intentions. If I was in the position of trying to raise my family in a place where the government was so corupt that I feared for the safety of my kids I would very likely break a few laws too. I understand what it is like to be a parent on hard times.

sansou
04-29-2009, 09:09 PM
Wouldn't it be great if this flu only targeted xenophobes?

Wait....I take that back....the "General Discussion" area wouldn't be as funny.

Sue
04-29-2009, 09:34 PM
Yes they do and many of them (I would even say most) have nothing but the best of intentions. If I was in the position of trying to raise my family in a place where the government was so corupt that I feared for the safety of my kids I would very likely break a few laws too. I understand what it is like to be a parent on hard times.

My government wasn't corrupt......I just wanted a better life for myself. I mean, Kingston Upon Hull really is a shithole :Wink:

Back to the swine flu, I just had the most excellent pork chops for dinner! And they were cheap!

BIGRED KILLA
04-29-2009, 09:37 PM
thats cool patrick...we can still French kiss at least...:ROFL:

Yeah,,,,scary stuff...they should close the borders......

GD

How am i going to go to S.Q

Bigred

GeordyBass
04-29-2009, 09:40 PM
How am i going to go to S.Q

BigredYou ain't,theyre gonna outlaw u,,,:Secret:

The Angler
04-29-2009, 10:12 PM
Well sorry for becoming the one thats sterotypical but you just came off to me that way blaming Immagrants & claiming that closing the borders would solve everything.

when people mention Immagrants & borders whats the first thing you think of?

MEXICANS!!!

Also the reports are saying it was carried over from Mexico BUT how does it explain the cases in Europe & China ? I doubt there is anyone from those countrys wanting to visit mexico ? so i think that would exclude that it origanted there.
Plus there are also reports of it coming from the US goverment itself, That its intentions where for a biological weapon.

Mexico is just the scapegoat & easy way out for the US goverment always has been always will be. BLAME IT ON THE MXICANS!!!!!

trashetanush
04-29-2009, 10:32 PM
Plus there are also reports of it coming from the US goverment itself, That its intentions where for a biological weapon.

If funny you said that. Just today, I was told by a doctor that 5 months ago, they started making Thousands of Caskets and these caskets weren't ordered by the People. I think the Government has something to do with this. Its just what i think.

CASTAWAY
04-29-2009, 10:41 PM
careful guys. don't want the gov to shut down FNN.......

olfishergal
04-29-2009, 10:43 PM
Well sorry for becoming the one thats sterotypical but you just came off to me that way blaming Immagrants & claiming that closing the borders would solve everything.

when people mention Immagrants & borders whats the first thing you think of?

MEXICANS!!!

Also the reports are saying it was carried over from Mexico BUT how does it explain the cases in Europe & China ? I doubt there is anyone from those countrys wanting to visit mexico ? so i think that would exclude that it origanted there.

Mexico is just the scapegoat & easy way out for the US goverment always has been always will be. BLAME IT ON THE MXICANS!!!!!

funny, I think of the middle east, asia, russia philliapines etc before I ever think of Mexico.....wow u think were all that bad sheesh I think of immigrants from all over the world......Mexico has become so much a part of the US that I don't really think of these folks as not being a part of us. Guess I'm an open minded weirdo........let it go.....OFG

Sue
04-29-2009, 10:45 PM

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard since someone asked me if we had milk in England (because they didn't think we had cows there).
I hope you are kidding.

Sue
04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
if funny you said that. Just today, i was told by a doctor that 5 months ago, they started making thousands of caskets and these caskets weren't ordered by the people. I think the government has something to do with this. Its just what i think.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

olfishergal
04-29-2009, 10:48 PM

would never work to close the boarders, flu is everywhere, not just swine flu. The first known case was Mexico, but that could have come from anywhere, not just Mexico. Whoever discovered it was swine lu didn't know where the person with it got it.......people have had it all along, just not identified since it is like all flu. chit just eat chicken soup and stay in bed, take tylenot/aspirin, etc for temp. You'll be fine unless yo have a chronic illness, id you get sicker see the doc......yes, I'm cavalier about it. Its the damn flu!!! wash your hands and stay home if you get sick. Racist stuff has no place here.

Sue
04-29-2009, 10:51 PM
Oh Chris, I know that! I'm not worried about it in the slightest.
I was just trying to make a point..........

olfishergal
04-29-2009, 10:54 PM
Oh Chris, I know that! I'm not worried about it in the slightest.
I was just trying to make a point..........

of course sue, I agree completely. Just so many paranoid people over nothing. The news is blowing things way out of proportion. Someone sure is getting off on upsetting Mr. John Q Public......

Sue
04-29-2009, 11:00 PM
I am loving the conspiracy theories, though. They're making me LOL! :ROFL:

The Angler
04-29-2009, 11:02 PM
Actully I would be more worried if the media tried to down play it. My girl just called me and told me here cousins high school in Corona ,Ca has been closed down for a week Because a student had it. They are in the process of cleaning up the school.

The virus is a real situation im more worried about this then south korea trying to hit us with a nuke !!!!

olfishergal
04-29-2009, 11:05 PM
I am loving the conspiracy theories, though. They're making me LOL! :ROFL:

paranoia and conspiracy.........gotta love it.....I'm more worried about my tax dollars being ripped off to support the broke poloticians. Sure takes the focus off whats really going on in this country...........THE DEPRESSION!!!

Sue
04-29-2009, 11:06 PM
Actully I would be more worried if the media tried to down play it. My girl just called me and told me here cousins high school in Corona ,Ca has been closed down for a week Because a student had it. They are in the process of cleaning up the school.

The virus is a real situation im more worried about this then south korea trying to hit us with a nuke !!!!

Oh dear, oh dear. Did you not read the part that the majority of infected people are recovering with rest and Tamiflu? Norovirus affects more people on an annual basis than this flu is.
Now, go Google to see if they have milk in England.

Sue
04-29-2009, 11:10 PM
paranoia and conspiracy.........gotta love it.....I'm more worried about my tax dollars being ripped off to support the broke poloticians. Sure takes the focus off whats really going on in this country...........THE DEPRESSION!!!

Oh dear. I just sneezed. RUN FOR TEH HILLS!
Or it could be the cat fur I just got in my face. :ROFL:

olfishergal
04-29-2009, 11:24 PM

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: good night all.......meooowwwww

joe man
04-30-2009, 12:06 AM

Those cats carry some pretty bad stuff. The government picks them up using the humane society and then puts dangerious germ cultures on their fur. After putting the biological agent on the cats they use the cat adoption scam to push the illness out to us common folk. This sets off a panic so that we miss the little crimes the politicians commit as we are focused on the cats boom in the neighborhood.

Sue have that beast put down!!!!

Hitts0n
04-30-2009, 12:38 AM

I love threads like this.This shows people's true colors. I hate such racist comments people are trying to sugar coat. In that case,close all borders to the Hiv/Aids virus.........:Rolls Eyes:

Troutman65
04-30-2009, 04:41 AM
according to the news its "eminent" to prevent a pandemic

As of last night they raised the threat level from a 4 to a 5 . Whatever that means. This is going to get worse before it gets better. I sure hope everyone washes their hands ( Often) and takes the precautions to prevent from getting this strain of the flu.

JediMindTricks
04-30-2009, 06:43 AM
what are the symptoms?
i think i have it....... :Shocked:

bluehunter
04-30-2009, 06:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wK1127fHQ4

Symptoms described above.

City Dad
04-30-2009, 08:03 AM
A friend emailed me last night regarding "Swing Flu Panic" He made some interesting points...

just curious, anyone here ever taken a look at the number of people who die from "regular" influenze each year? How about malaria? TB? Dysentary? (Gentlemen, start your search engines!)

Man, makes me want to put on my tinfoil hat and hunker down in the bunker I've constructed in the back yard... WE'RE DOOMED! DOOMED I SAY!!!

Scoring Machine
04-30-2009, 10:11 AM
A friend emailed me last night regarding "Swing Flu Panic" He made some interesting points...

just curious, anyone here ever taken a look at the number of people who die from "regular" influenze each year? How about malaria? TB? Dysentary? (Gentlemen, start your search engines!)

Man, makes me want to put on my tinfoil hat and hunker down in the bunker I've constructed in the back yard... WE'RE DOOMED! DOOMED I SAY!!!

Finally someone with something intelligent to say...

This sentiment was echo'd in the LA Times today...

"As the World Health Organization raised its infectious disease alert level Wednesday and health officials confirmed the first death linked to swine flu inside U.S. borders, scientists studying the virus are coming to the consensus that this hybrid strain of influenza -- at least in its current form -- isn't shaping up to be as fatal as the strains that caused some previous pandemics.

In fact, the current outbreak of the H1N1 virus, which emerged in San Diego and southern Mexico late last month, may not even do as much damage as the run-of-the-mill flu outbreaks that occur each winter without much fanfare."

This strain of the flu is LESS fatal than an average strain of the flu.

Thank you 24 hour news cycle for making another story out of nothing.

People get the flu every year. People die from the flu every year.

Granny Fish
04-30-2009, 10:17 AM
So what do you get if you mix human influenza with avian influnenza and swine influenza? You get the flu. What they are calling SIV or Swine Influenza Virus is not really swine flu but a hybrid of the three viruses. It is still the flu and people die from the flu every year.

As of last night they raised the threat level from a 4 to a 5 . Whatever that means. This is going to get worse before it gets better. I sure hope everyone washes their hands ( Often) and takes the precautions to prevent from getting this strain of the flu.

Basically a level 5 means little to us. It means that the virus has sustained community level out breaks in two or more countries. It is more of political significance where health care systems are advised to implement contingency plans. Avian flu reached level 5 a year ago and most of us never heard about it.

http://www.who.int/csr/disease/avian_influenza/phase/en/index.html

Lets not forget flesh eating bacteria, and brain eating amoebas. :Wink:

olfishergal
04-30-2009, 11:07 AM
Lets not forget flesh eating bacteria, and brain eating amoebas. :Wink:[/quote]

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

ghetto dad
04-30-2009, 11:23 AM
Maybe i missed it, but where in this thread is someone being racist????

GD

***here goes another 50 replies****

NICKYMOUSE8
04-30-2009, 11:32 AM
AMEN!!! blame viral evolution not the people already stricken with poverty!!and now this ridicule

City Dad
04-30-2009, 11:45 AM

GD

uh, mia culpa:Embarrassed:

Actually, I think that Canadians are a pure race, aren't they?

IMHO we oughta close that boarder. I used to live up there and beleive me, our "neighbors to the North" have no respect for Americans at all - even though our red-blooded nine-teen-year-olds spend, like, thousands of dollars up there each year on Kokanee and strippers named Squirel or Rascal and the fertilize Canada's public spaces with our thick, rich American vommit... at least that's what I've heard anyhow.

I'm sorry, I just can't stand Canadians. They're so different from us, it skeeves me out like I can't describe. I'm alos racist against the Shriners and their friggin' miniature cars... I say sterilize the Shriner race!!!

The Angler
04-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Lets not forget flesh eating bacteria, and brain eating amoebas. :Wink:

Haha i remeber last summer when i went to Laughlin there was a rumor that there was some brain eating bacteria in the water, I guess some 6 year old child died from it. It actually happened but i dont know about there whole bacteria story.:Confused:

City Dad
04-30-2009, 12:08 PM
Haha i remeber last summer when i went to Laughlin there was a rumor that there was some brain eating bacteria in the water, I guess some 6 year old child died from it. It actually happened but i dont know about there whole bacteria story.:Confused:

well, that does it! I'm now officially racist against bacteria too. I say bomb Bacteriastan!!!

trashetanush
04-30-2009, 01:44 PM

GD

Ya, I didn't really see any racist replies either.

Also, "Swine flu is spreading quickly throughout the world, but the rate of deaths from the illness has dropped." I got this off a news article.

Troutman65
04-30-2009, 04:35 PM
uh, mia culpa:Embarrassed:

I'm sorry, I just can't stand Canadians. They're so different from us, it skeeves me out like I can't describe. I'm alos racist against the Shriners and their friggin' miniature cars... I say sterilize the Shriner race!!!

Hey City Dad, What you got against the Shriners ? They do wear funny hats but hey don't be a hater.

Troutman65
04-30-2009, 04:39 PM

Yeah, It was posted on FNN. Also someone that went into the water at Elsinore and got that brain eating bacteria and died too. Scarry stuff. I am going to live in a bubble for now on.:Wink:

joe man
04-30-2009, 04:59 PM
Ya, I didn't really see any racist replies either.

Also, "Swine flu is spreading quickly throughout the world, but the rate of deaths from the illness has dropped." I got this off a news article.

Any time you disagree with someone it is a good stratagy to accuse the other person of racism. By doing this you have clearly shown that they haveno valid points thus winnig the argument for your team. A valid point is still valid even when it comes from the mouth of a hater.

City Dad
04-30-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey City Dad, What you got against the Shriners ? They do wear funny hats but hey don't be a hater.

DON'T YOU PRESUME TO TELL ME ABOUT FUNNY HATS! My village was attacked and burned to the ground by a band of Shriners when I was but a boy. I was taken and sold to the circus for a pack of Black Jack gum and some Dairy Queen coupons. I became a foot servant to the bearded-lady - and no amount of Nyquill can erase those memories... Jello! Burlap! Pluto!

Troutman65
04-30-2009, 06:51 PM
DON'T YOU PRESUME TO TELL ME ABOUT FUNNY HATS! My village was attacked and burned to the ground by a band of Shriners when I was but a boy. I was taken and sold to the circus for a pack of Black Jack gum and some Dairy Queen coupons. I became a foot servant to the bearded-lady - and no amount of Nyquill can erase those memories... Jello! Burlap! Pluto!

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

I almost fell out of my chair reading that reply. Your :Cool: C.D.:Wink:

joe man
04-30-2009, 09:35 PM

Too Much!!!! I don't mean your post I mean the price they paid for you. LOL. Where can you use Dairy Queen coupons in CA anyway?

The Angler
05-01-2009, 10:28 AM
I guess the racism goes beyond these boards.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/30467300