PDA

View Full Version : Day Trips

bfraser
06-18-2007, 01:14 PM
Hey Guys,

I would like to take my son (15) on a day trip or two this summer. I'd like to do a bass day and then go for some YT. What are the best times on year for this? Best Landings? I would like to try and book them in advance so he can arrange football practice as we'll go during the week!

Also is there a Salt Water "dictionary" I can find online or here? There are so many terms that I'm clueless to their meaning!

Thanks guys/gals!

Fresh One !!!
06-18-2007, 01:28 PM
Hey Fraser,

Here is my two cents.. As for bass, since you are new to this. keep an eye on the local fish counts that are published in the newspapers (or posts on this site !!). The migratory sandbass will hopefully be up on the flats soon, probably in about 2-3 weeks, and you will see the counts go into the hundreds.. That is when you will want to go for them. It can be wide open "stupid" fishing at times. When you make reservations to go, just ask the landing what the hot bait is, they are usually more than willing to help out. Live baits and plastics are usually the norm.

As far as yellowtail, I would take an overnight trip out of San Diego. These trips right now are getting yellowtail and will continue to get them from the paddy's all summer long.

Finally, check your PM for some more info!!!

MIke (Fresh One!!!)