PDA

View Full Version : Anyone try the backcountry lakes of june & mammoth this

Bashman
06-18-2007, 12:35 PM
I will be going on a backpacking trip on 6-23 to Thousand island lake, which is about 8 miles from Red's Meadow. Has anyone fished that area recentley? I was there last year in September and had a great time. :P

I am hoping the same conditions (Trout for breakfast, lunch and dinner)

High Sierra Junkie
06-18-2007, 08:03 PM
LUCKY! (in Napoleon Dynamite voice)

That is such an awesome area! Don't have any current info for you, but heres to hoping you are going to pack in a digital camera and make one heck of a post when you get back!

sierraslam
06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm packing in to the Sierras this weekend as well. I don't think we will have September conditions however. There is going to be hella Mosquitos and some marsh type areas. Lots of bugs brings the fish to surface, bring lots of flys. goos fishin!

sierraslam
06-19-2007, 07:15 AM
I'm packing in to the Sierras this weekend as well. I don't think we will have September conditions however. There is going to be hella Mosquitos and some marsh type areas. Lots of bugs brings the fish to surface, bring lots of flys. goos fishin!

Bashman
06-19-2007, 05:14 PM
Do you think the mosquitos are out in force so early?
I thought it was still a little on the cold side at night.

During September, we hardly encountered any mosquitos. Plus I am looking forward for the longer daylight hours. More fishing time.