PDA

View Full Version : Mr stripey gets redeyed striper sunday guidetrip

TroutOnly
04-27-2009, 06:51 AM
GOT A CALL SAT WHILE I WAS DOING MY CHORES AT THE HOUSE ,MANNY WANTED TO HIT PYRAMID FOR SOME STRIPERS AND HE WAS BRINGING HIS NEPHEW MIKEY WHO WAS A STRIPER VIRGIN,WE MET UP AT THE DOCK GOT LOADED UP AND OFF WE WENT. WE RAN MY LATELY FAVORITE AND CUSTOM IED SET I THOUGHT WOULD WORK, ENDS UP MY LATELY FAVS NEVER GOT HIT,THE CUSTOMS WERE THE TICKET TODAY IT TOOK A WHILE TO FIND THE ACTIVE FISH ,THEY HAD MOVED OUT THE AREA FROM FRIDAY .MIKEY GOT HIS FIRST TASTE OF STRIPEY BLOOD AND HE LIKED IT, WE MOVED ON WE FOUND ALOT OF SCATTERED FISH MOST ALL ON SOME BAIT THE BITE WAS MAINLY IT ONE AREA. AS IT GOT CLOSER TO NOON WE DECIDED TO MOVE OUT TO OTHER AREAS I GOT FISH ON FRIDAY AFTER A LONG TROLL TO THE AREA ,WE SPOTTED KARLOW AND JOE ANCHORED NEAR THE AREA I WAS TROLLING FOR FISH ON FRIDAY AFTER A COUPLE LAPS IN THE AREA AND METERING ALOT ON BAIT WITH STRIPERS ON THEM WE STOPPED AND ANCHORED UP IT WASNT LONG AND MIKEY WAS ON HIS FIRST BAIT STRIPERS HE GOT A COUPLE NICE ONES WHILE ME AND MANNY HAD TO FIGHT OFF THE SUPERDINKS WHO IN BETWEEN THE BIG SCHOOLS THAT WERE MOVING FSAT THRU THE SPOT. AFTER A WHILE WE DECIDED TO PULL ANCHOR AND CHECK SOME THER AREAS BEFORE THE DAY WAS DONE ON THE WAY BACK TO THE DOCK MIKEY GOT ONE MORE ON THE TROLL WITH THE SPECIAL BUCKTAIL, THANK YOU MANNY AND MIKEY FOR THE GREAT SANDWICH AND DRINKS AND SNACKS, WE DIDNT GET THE WIDE OPEN BITE BUT WE DID OK ,IM GLAD YOU GOT OUT ON THE WATER AFTER THE LONG WAIT YOU HAD TO DO MANNY, THANKYOU AGAIN ,,,,,t/o

GeordyBass
04-27-2009, 09:54 AM
nice job Uncle Bobby!Your doing well at pyramid brotha,,,Keep on slayin' them dinks,And I'll break out my secret new colors too.....lol.....Good Job CrustyBob,,,LOL,,,

karlow
04-27-2009, 10:06 AM
It was nice to see ya on the water as usual bob! We had a great stat to out day,Not!
Droped the boat in the water, warmed her up a bit and chatted with Bob. We tyed on our rigs and the motor died. No problem that happen all the time right? When we were finished tying up our toys, i went to restart the thing and it was a no go. Crank, crank, crank. Not so much as a cough! I looked at her,checked her gas supply and used the in-line plug checker device. Spark, what fing spark! We an't got no spark! every ting looks good, but no spark.
Just great, we drop in the trolly motor and craw to the first spot near the sign and drop the hooks. It was breazy, and ther was no sigh of life! My concern is that we would not be able to gete back to the dock if the wind got worse. After about 20 min of that crap, we decided to fish from shore. First, I pulled off ther bonnet and gace her another try. She coughed! I had Joe crank her while I fondled her and she barked to life. I shut her down, pulled the hooks, fired her and we ran around the corner. she seemed OK, but when I slowed down I could tell she was running on half a lung. She dies as we slid up to one of our usual spots. I did a half a job or anchoring. Its had to padle that boat backward with the tingel little padle. Joe wasted no time getting into the swing of things putting the hurt on sardine size stripes! He was outfishing me 3 or 4 to one on the snack size mini fish. I cought on, #4 hook tiny sliver of bait, and a slow retrive. I can't believe how small these thing are, Joe is talking about frying them whole like sardines. Not me I'm having no of that! I told him I hope Bob does not see you with all those embarrassing size stipies! I determin that the fish are right under the boat about 4 cranks up. this important because my end of the boat is swinging all over the place due to the wind. But like a switch, the tiny fish move out, and small schoolies moved in. Bob showed up just in time for me to put the hurt on the largest fish of the day. It was about 2 lbs. A great fight on the 4Lb line. It made for a great show, and we did not get caught pulling on any dine size stripers! We did land a number of the one pound class schoolies for Bob to see. We pulled the hooks around 3PM, the wind was down and we made a pass around the island. Bob was leaving the island area and we were headed to the dock. No skunk her we got fish! I push the ball to the wall, it's not there, she is not running right. Near the dock, I pull back on the trottle and she is running on one lung and dies at idle. It's been a great another day on the water ans I need to work on the boat. SOS

KP

TroutOnly
04-28-2009, 07:27 AM
TO BAD ABOUT THE ENGINE PROBLEMS KARL, IT WAS NICE SEEING YOU AND JOE OUT AT THE LAKE,,,t/o