PDA

View Full Version : National Bass West Perris 4/26

Pete Marino
04-26-2009, 07:40 PM
I fished the National Bass West tournament today at Perris..
The bite has changed so much there in the last couple weeks its unreal!!
I started the day fishing in 35 ft of water using carolina rigged plastics and we caught 2 keepers right away. After about an hour and a half we made a move and hit the deep water on the south end of the lake by the tower in the mud. We caught another keeper there but the numbers of bass I was looking for just werent there.
So we moved to the dam where we fished for a while for 0 bites.
Then we went to the tire reef and got ZERO bites there...:Shocked:
It was pretty tough the first 1/2 of the day. Then I made a move to a sunken boat I know about in about 16 ft of water. Thats when the fun began.... we down sized our line to 5 lb and also down sized our baits to 1/8 oz and it made an immediate diiference. I caught a 3 1/2 lber right away and then I caught one that was almost 5 lbs. Then we got another one that was almost 5 1/2 lbs...then we lost one that was about 5-6 lbs... we also caught a couple more that didnt help.
Our 5 bass limit weighed 18.76 lbs which was good enough for 3rd place.

Rick and Kyle Grover won the event with 21 lbs....congrats guys!!!!!
2nd place was a little over 19 lbs caught by Mike Phua and Mike Lillabridge (Sorry if I spelled it wrong Mike) Good Job Boys!!!

Thank you to Mike and Lynne Peterson for putting on another great event!!!
I need to also thank Dan Merchant owner of Last Chance Bait and Tackle because without his help on saturday I wouldnt have been able to fish the tournament. I had a trolling motor problem on Friday so i took my boat to Last Chance on saturday and Dan helped figure out what was wrong with it and helped me fix it. I should say that he basically fixed it by himself because Im a complete moron with anything mechanical...lol:Embarrassed:
So THANK YOU DAN...I owe you one!!!
If any of you guys and girls have never been in Last Chance Bait and Tackle in Hemet you need to go check them out. Their store is packed with all the latest bass fishing baits, tackle and gear.. They also carry trout, catfish, bluegill and crappie tackle and gear as well as apparel.
Dan and Megan are really good people and they go out of their way all the time for us anglers... Thanks again Dan!!

Pete:Cool:

samgann93
04-26-2009, 08:47 PM
nice job pete!!!

last chance bait and tackle is the only place i will buy any of my tackle. i went in there for the first time a couple weeks ago and i was in heaven.

mossback
04-26-2009, 08:54 PM
3rd place you suck. Let me know when they fill the lake back up and 50+ boats start showing up and me and dog will show up and show you guys how its done. you woulda thought after spanking up on you all those years you would have learned a couple of things.

vince champion
04-26-2009, 10:11 PM
Nice post sounds like alot of fun. One day when i have time, youll be guiding me through perris.

vince.

pwynn
04-27-2009, 04:51 AM
3rd place you suck. Let me know when they fill the lake back up and 50+ boats start showing up and me and dog will show up and show you guys how its done. you woulda thought after spanking up on you all those years you would have learned a couple of things.
there was way more than 50 boats out there yesterday.

Lynne Peterson
04-27-2009, 07:19 AM
Today with 25 teams, NBW had the final event for the DVL Region this season.

Thank you to our sponsors, SKEETER BOATS, YAMAHA MOTORS, RIVER MARINE, LAST CHANCE BAIT AND TACKLE, MACK SIGNS and SAWYER COOK & CO. and THANK YOU TO THOSE TEAMS THAT SUPPORT US. We are forever thankful and very appreciative.

Rick & Kyle Grover did a great job of bringing in a solid 21.53# sack to win this event. Isn't is a joy to see all of the "families" that fish together. Eight of teams that fished today were either husband/wife or father/son.

Hope to see you at our next event on May 9th at Lake Hodges.

Big bass Total weight Total winnings
1 Rick & Kyle Grover 6.7 21.53 $ 2,350.00
2 Mike Phua/Mike Lillibridge 6.18 19.14 $ 1,130.00
3 Pete & Carissa Marino 5.3 18.76 $ 700.00
4 Pat Casey/Curt Thompson 4.87 17.94 $ 730.00
5 Josh Carruthers/Jeff Every 6.4 15.62 $ 595.00
6 Dino & Joey Caporuscio 4.41 14.7
7 Larry Hopper/Pete Gardner 0 14.08
8 Chris Stockdale/Randy Sapp 5.04 13.94
9 Guy Williams/Jason Chang 5.41 13.92
10 Darrel Dagdigian/George Arakelian 5.13 13.2
11 Rob Dickson/Pat Keniry 12.38
12 Dale Wentz/Willie Waller 11.73
13 Ron Welch/Dwight Shepard 4.08 11.55
14 Chuck Hester/James Lee 2.97 11.26
15 Richard Yanez/C.W. Loftin, Jr. 11.01
16 Dave & Tim Nollar 10.42
17 Ken Owens/Keith Koilman 9.94
18 |Henry Moody/Gary Southern 9.21
19 Steve Lindner/Randy Reeves 7.97
20 Joe Uribe, Sr./alone 7.29
21 John & Richard Avalos 3.49 5.97
22 Dan Merchant/Ricky Graham 4.03
23 Dan & Dawson Hoover 0
24 Paul & Logan Spere 0
25 Robert Stephenson/Bob Muckelroy 0
total payout $ 5,505.00

samgann93
04-27-2009, 11:07 AM

WTF????? is this joking or just a lil drama queen post???

Team Dead Money
04-27-2009, 04:12 PM
WTF????? is this joking or just a lil drama queen post???

It's just a friend being a friend and ribbing Pete. Just like mine now, hey Pete good job and maybe next year you'll be higher in the points than this year but don't get 2nd because it sucks------again!!!!!!!!
Guy Williams

GeordyBass
04-27-2009, 04:29 PM
WTF????? is this joking or just a lil drama queen post???:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

LOL,,,Finally the smilies work right,,,:Secret:

Pete Marino
04-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Vince...when you are ready let me know...

Sammgann.... no worries...Mossback is a good friend and one of me and Guys prostaffers for Team dead Money Apparel. Hes just messin with me....we do that!!
Hey Mossback....bite me!!..lol ...Salt water fishing is for guys who cant catch bass in lakes!!!

And to you Guy (teamndeadmoney)...I hate you..you redneck!!! hahaha!
Hey I was pretty happy that Me and Carissa scratched, clawed and climbed up into 8th after being as far back as 21st at the beginning of the season.
Yes 2nd sucks....Me and you have gotten 2nd overall in the points ..what?? 5 or 6 times?? And me and carissa got 2nd overall in points last year too....Second place is the first loser!!!!
We had a pretty decent season overall money wise this year when it was all said and done though..so blow!....

ART HILL
04-27-2009, 06:47 PM
You had a good season Pete. Congratulations to and Carissa! :High Five:

backseaterb****
04-27-2009, 09:26 PM
You suck blah blah blah i need to show you how to set the hook with 6#

backseaterb****
04-27-2009, 09:27 PM
Nice finish to your Season

Pete Marino
04-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Hey BackseaterB****.....Ive never seen someone set the hook as hard with 6 lb line as you did with that cull fish a couple weeks ago.. :EyePop::EyePop:

Good god.... you're a madman!!!:Farmer: