PDA

View Full Version : one hell of a day at perris (no pics sorry)

hookup
04-26-2009, 05:44 PM
well friday i was at school talking to my cousin said he wanted to hit up perris for some largies. got home told my mom staying the night at uncles and going fishing she was cool with it. well got to the lake saturday at about 6. we got dropped off at lots 11-12. walked down to a point seen shad and largies busten every couple minutes or so. set up my swimmie rod with a punker since they were hitten the surface every where.as i was fishin that my cousin hooks into a nice 3 pounder on a senko.well while i was helpin him with something, i was dead sticking my punker for about 5 minutes. all of the sudden my cousin says ay your rod. i ran over picked it up the punker was totally submerged set the hook made two hard runs and snap. damet sun of a ***** is was pissed. well got over put on a senko first cast bam nice solid 3 1/2 pounder. after that threw out again bam missed one.cast after that another nice 4 pounder. they day just went on like that till about ten 30.the biggest fish of the day was about a 5 to 6 pounder caught by my cousin. well at about noon where walking down the beach to the marina to go get some food. we where about 800 yards from the point we fished when i spot a kid playing with my punker on a stick and ribbon.wow i couldnt belive my eyes he gave it back and said one of the hooks was missing. i thanked him and when we got to the marina i examened the punker and it had two giant largemouth scales on the back hook. from how hard the fish fought it had to be between 13 and 16 pounds.

Panfish Junior
04-26-2009, 06:45 PM
Seems like a fun day bro! Don't forget to bring a camera on your next trip. Thanks for the report! :LOL:

Socal Bassman
04-26-2009, 07:01 PM
Nice! Thanks for the report and glad you got your Punker back.

calico killer kevin
04-26-2009, 07:19 PM
You can spot your Punker from 800 yards away? Damn!
That's a day to remember. Great Job.