PDA

View Full Version : Hit Perris today boat laod of bluegill

pwynn
04-26-2009, 03:40 PM
The only reason i was not fishing trout today at lake hemet or bbl, was because my dad asked me to take him to perris. So i have the boat hooked up and dad calls he is not going. i hate that 2 weekends in a row. I have already spend 20 bucks on hooks boobers and crap. so i get the crickets but i dont have the cash on me to get worms and pay to get in. launch at 645 the lot is already full. i head east to that rock cove area, dont know what it is called. i hook up pretty quick i found it funny that you would get a couple fish then you would have to move. work that whole area. then went to the tire reef area for a couple more. for the day i had 25 fish Bluegill and red ear kept 5 . one fish was 1.12 and was over 10 inches long and 1.2 inches across the shoulders. biggest sunfish i have ever caught.

fishfinder
04-26-2009, 04:18 PM
Can i come fish in your pond?:LOL:

fishmounter
04-26-2009, 04:26 PM
Nice going! The first 2 photos are of Redear Sunfish and the fish with the orange/white tipped tail sticking out of the water is a Florida Bluegill. Hey do me a favor and put some of of those Florida Bluegills that you catch there into Lake Evans in Fairmont Park. Since you are already breaking the law by transporting live fish, you may as well be stocking my local lake.

basscatcher
04-26-2009, 04:39 PM
Nice going! The first 2 photos are of Redear Sunfish and the fish with the orange/white tipped tail sticking out of the water is a Florida Bluegill. Hey do me a favor and put some of of those Florida Bluegills that you catch there into Lake Evans in Fairmont Park. Since you are already breaking the law by transporting live fish, you may as well be stocking my local lake.

:ROFL: :ROFL: and put some at the pudd, we can use monster average gills there to. way to go on the fish.

God Bless

basscatcher

pwynn
04-26-2009, 04:45 PM

thanks for the clarification. i guy in a tube told me when i caught that big fish it was a blue gill. that is why i even stated in my post i think it was blue gill??? as for transporting the fish to my backyard t thanks for your concern.

BUDdhaBIG
04-26-2009, 05:47 PM
very nice!

Bradakas
04-26-2009, 05:58 PM
anyone care to elaborate on transporting live fish regulation? I'm curious

ISEEKHUNT
04-26-2009, 06:19 PM
From 09-10 DFG fishing regulations

1.63. Movement of Live Fish.
Except as provided in sections 4.00 through 4.30 and 230, live fin fish may not be transported alive from the water where taken.

ISEEKHUNT
04-26-2009, 06:20 PM
as for transporting the fish to my backyard t thanks for your concern.[/QUOTE]

Regulation states "may not be transported alive from water where taken" that includes to your backyard pond!!!

GdHkSet1
04-26-2009, 07:11 PM
Nice going Pete, thought that was you coming off the ramp this afternoon. Took the fam and friends over and picnicked over by the closed ramp. The kids got a few on crickets and NC on the pier.

pwynn
04-26-2009, 07:38 PM
as for transporting the fish to my backyard t thanks for your concern.

Regulation states "may not be transported alive from water where taken" that includes to your backyard pond!!![/QUOTE]
Well thanks for setting me straight on this ISEEK. I understand the errors of my ways.

fishmounter
04-26-2009, 08:59 PM
Well with this Quagga Mussel problem at some of the lakes, I see their concern. I remember back about 10 years ago my son brought home about a dozen little Bluegills from Perris and put them in a 120 gallon aquarium. It was great and those fish grew really large and had beautiful colors. He had them for about 3 years. They outgrew their tank and ended up in some pond down in the SA riverbottom.

Bradakas
04-27-2009, 12:51 AM
Thanks for the regulation info. I'll make sure to kill my fish asap. I'd hate to get pulled over with a live fish in the car. :EyePop:

thepuma
04-27-2009, 11:10 AM
Nice going on the SLAY! Looks like you had a good time out there.

HuskerRod
04-27-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey Paul,

Is 1.12 pounds a 1 pound 12 ouncer or 1.12 pounder? Inquiring minds want to know. Oh yah, I'm available anytime on Saturdays when your private pond gets really up and running and any night after dark for poaching it.

huskerrod

pwynn
04-27-2009, 03:12 PM
The fish weighed 1 lb 12 oz

HuskerRod
04-27-2009, 06:59 PM
Dang you, pwynn. You just tied my personal record. Your gonna get a pie in the face next time I see you at Walmart.

huskerrod

SoCalGuy7
04-27-2009, 07:05 PM
Nice haul...:Big Grin: