PDA

View Full Version : Shoreline Village 4/25

Jaysuuun
04-26-2009, 12:14 PM
Some buddies of mine called me up for some fishing so I tagged along not knowing where we were headed. I'm always excited to fish new territory. It was the middle of the day, windy and the tide was low. Water was also really murky with trash floating everywhere. Really didn't think were gonna catch a thing, but we managed a few.

Who says Corbina are line shy and only caught in the surf? This fish was caught on 20lb line, 2/0 Hook, on a deep sea setup using Ghost Shrimp.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/corbina.jpg

Here's a short hali that came off the hook as I was lifting it out of the water. Was able to snap a pic of him before he swam off.

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/hali1.jpg

Another short hali

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/hali2.jpg

The area we fished

http://i584.photobucket.com/albums/ss284/Jaysuuun/shoreline.jpg

victor101
04-26-2009, 01:57 PM
Cool...ive tried that area before but left quickly because of how bad the water looks there LOL. I didnt think i would catch anything. Good job on the fishies. Did you catch the halis on ghost shrimp? ive only caught them on ghost shrimp one time...

BIGRED KILLA
04-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Thanks for the pics and report i just got a 3 pound corbina in L.B harbor using 15 pound test on a berkley smelt.

Bigred

ghetto dad
04-26-2009, 04:16 PM
you fished behind pierpoint landing...i used to catch a few here and there too...good job homie....

GD

Wingnut
04-26-2009, 07:34 PM
Nice report... the Corbina was caught because you had the "Candy" bait. :Wink:

flyngby
04-26-2009, 08:32 PM
The Ghosties will catch everything!

But the challenge is to fool them on the artificials as my Mentor has taught me!

Nice work at the new spot!

Are you bored with NPH already?

When are you planning to hit the NPH again as I really want to get try fishing from shore and refresh my skills since the boat thing has been very slow of late!

Steve

THROWBACK RANGER
04-26-2009, 08:43 PM
you fished behind pierpoint landing...i used to catch a few here and there too...good job homie....

Gd

dock rat!!!!

ghetto dad
04-26-2009, 09:24 PM
dock rat!!!!

you need to spend less time on here and more time getting your boat ready so that you can take me striper and bass fishing holmes......HURRY UP!!

GD

HESBROS
04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Uhhhh, what the heck, when did they move the Queen Mary to NPH?

Nice report Jason!

BIGRED KILLA
04-26-2009, 09:58 PM

Nice report Jason!

Thats the Titanic.

Bigred

flopps1
04-26-2009, 10:08 PM
Yep...use to catch those all the time out there ninja fishing on the Queen Mary side. Before it got done up.

But on the shorline village side, I've had luck catching cuda's while tossing krocs. A little further down where the you get into open water. Good spot to get a line wet, practice your cast, and even catch a few along the way. Nice report!

ghetto dad
04-26-2009, 10:10 PM
Yep...use to catch those all the time out there ninja fishing on the Queen Mary side. Before it got done up.

But on the shorline village side, I've had luck catching cuda's while tossing krocs. A little further down where the you get into open water. Good spot to get a line wet, practice your cast, and even catch a few along the way. Nice report!

BIG BASS......ive ninjad it, when i was younger and quicker...:ROFL:

GD

Jaysuuun
04-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Cool...ive tried that area before but left quickly because of how bad the water looks there LOL. I didnt think i would catch anything. Good job on the fishies. Did you catch the halis on ghost shrimp? ive only caught them on ghost shrimp one time...

The hali's were caught on the DS using gulp. My friends offered me some ghosties after that nice corbina, but I was determined to catch a fish on the artificials.

Nice report... the Corbina was caught because you had the "Candy" bait. :Wink:

Yeah I don't believe all that fluff about corbina's being line and hook shy. I think it's all about the bait; live ghosties or "soft shelled" sandcrabs.

The Ghosties will catch everything!

But the challenge is to fool them on the artificials as my Mentor has taught me!

Nice work at the new spot!

Are you bored with NPH already?

When are you planning to hit the NPH again as I really want to get try fishing from shore and refresh my skills since the boat thing has been very slow of late!

Steve

LOL I'm not going to be bored with NPH for a really long time. :Wink: Some friends invited me out to go fishing, so I just went wherever they wanted to go.

It's hard to believe that boat fishing is slow. I thought you could fish so many more "fishy" areas by boat.

Me and Tesserz are actually going to be out there tomorrow morning (Monday). PM to follow

Nice report Jason!

LOL We are still loyal NPH freaks. I just decided to tag along with some friends and I thought it would be fun and challenging to try a different area. While they were using ghosties I stuck with my trusty DS/gulp setup and they made fun of me thinking I wouldn't catch anything on the artificials. Little did they know how much practice I've had at NPH. :Wink:

Thanks for the pics and report i just got a 3 pound corbina in L.B harbor using 15 pound test on a berkley smelt.

Bigred

Good job catching the corbina on the artificials. I'd like to catch a big one myself this summer.

GD

Yeah this was my first time fishing here. Didn't look like I was gonna catch anything, but I was determined to work that jerkshad and it paid off.

Yeah it was nice not getting snagged on any boats or docks for a change. :ROFL: Bottom was a little rocky, but I didn't get snagged one time. I was just glad to have caught some fish my first time there.

cambonesian
04-26-2009, 11:28 PM
harbor patrol didn't mess with you being on the rocks? when I was there harbor patrol told me to fish on the pier.

JapanRon
04-27-2009, 08:32 AM
Hi Jaysuuun,

There are a ton of Diamond Turbot in and around those piers too !! 1/32nd oz leadhead and any small rubber thingy will get you bit !! Great fun on 4lb test fluorocarbon !! Don't even need no stinkin' Gulp !! ;) :)

JapanRon

thepuma
04-27-2009, 11:50 AM
Nice Catch!!!! Looks like the weather was awesome that day.
Congrats!!

sansou
04-27-2009, 02:36 PM
Hey, nice corbina!!!

Looking forward to more reports from you!