PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Opener

jakebeck
04-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Hey Everyone,

Decided to head up early friday morning and stay through yesterday evening. I've been doing the opener for over 30 years and i have to say that I was very surprised at the size of the fish this year in the areas I worked. Granted, I did not head up top to South Lake or either of the Intakes, but I heard that it snowed some of friday and saturday, and coupled with the wind, made for quite a tough outing.

I stayed low in Bishop and worked the Owens, as well as the North Fork of Bishop Creek just off of Highway 6. There were some amazing fish in Bishop Creek last year, so I was very surprised to see almost all natives and rather small.

Everything caught was released and in all the weather was incredible down below, with an occassional wind burst.

Here are a couple of pics and you can see the cloud cover that tormented most that went up top. I did go up to Tom's Cabin (Rock Creek) and the wind chill put me back in my car after roughing it for only 20 minutes.

I'm sure, as the season continues and the water levels raise, we'll be seeing some nice fish again this season.

Crab
04-27-2009, 08:29 AM
hey.nice picts.seems the dfg forgot to plant the creek.:???:
heard alot of guys bot blown out this weekend.still beats work.:Envious:

jakebeck
04-27-2009, 08:49 AM
yes, the wind was really a trip with many mini tornados down below. But absolutely beat working for sure. The flows are high in the North Fork of Bishp Creek as well.