PDA

View Full Version : Punk Rock Picnic

Hog Caller
04-26-2009, 08:59 AM
Fished yesterday (Saturday) for bass and managed a few here and there. Not as good as it looked thats for sure. Watched Jimmy yank a few on spinnerbaits in the shallows. Nice meeting you as brief as it was when we passed. Hope you caught more than we did after you left. The trout fishermen all seemed to be doing really well trolling and shore fishing, saw lots of limits.

I do have a question as to why when the lake is sponsering something like the festival this weekend that you do not mention it on the website or anywhere else. I know if I had my kids with me I would not have been to happy with them listening to "Sex, drugs and rock and roll profanity" stuff that being blasted across the lake. I don't mind it but it really is not what I would call child friendly. Not to mention the congestion and nighmare getting the boat off and on the trailer. I know the lake needs to make it's revenue where it can these days, but a little notice to the fisherman that regularly patronize the lake would be nice. It's not like I wouldn't be back next week. I just hope that it's not a greed driven decision.

Just an observation from someone that likes to fish there.

H/C

Crab
04-26-2009, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the post.As far as the "theme" this weekend...If this is true...I would have been having a talk with management on that one.This is supposed to be a family oriented establishment.A little fair warning to those coming out would have sufficed.... Not cool bro!
Good to see the bites still on.:Big Grin:

viking172
04-26-2009, 04:00 PM
ah dang, I missed a vandals show.:Crying::Crying::Crying: Wish I would have known about this.

bassassassin
04-26-2009, 04:21 PM
it was crazy i caught a bass with a mo-hawk and these two guys were putting on each others suntan lotion in sierra cove. Even the bass thought it was gay.

Hog Caller
04-26-2009, 05:27 PM
The one I caught had more ink than the NewYork Times...lol and I gave him a nice piercing to go with it.

I didn't say there wern'y any good bands...just a heads up would be nice.

H/C

Skaguy04
04-26-2009, 08:19 PM
ah dang, i missed a vandals show.:crying::crying::crying: Wish i would have known about this.

vandals were there!!!??!?!?

troutdog
04-27-2009, 12:00 AM
Thanks for the report....Jimmy must have been in his glory this weekend, sorry I missed all the fun!

TD

smitty99
04-27-2009, 12:43 AM
I thought the Vandals broke up! @#)(*%#

YACKM06
04-28-2009, 08:06 AM
"I know the lake needs to make it's revenue where it can these days"
???!!??!! it was $54 dollars for me, my friend and a boat launch to prefish saturday!! i think they are making there money by the fist full. and the launch site and parking was horrific with that "punk rock BRO-am" thing goind on! it took me a half hour at the end of the day to get my truck back to the launch ramp. then i just cleaned my boat at the local community college instaed of dealing with the head bangers ball goin on in the parking lot. i feel sorry for the guys who came by themself and had to park across the lake and walk back across that shadey dirt road to get to there boat.

on the fishing side, i did manage to find a few patterns goin that i can try and work on a little more in depth this weekend. so we will see. it should shape up to be a better tourny than last years fish wise.

goodguy
04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Which bands were playing.. Just wondering why I may have missed...

Hog Caller
04-29-2009, 10:15 AM
I just saw an old flyer on a newspaper machine in Costa Mesa yesterday and it had TSOL and the Adolescents listed. Being "older" those were the only two I recognized.

H/C

goodguy
04-29-2009, 10:51 AM
I just saw an old flyer on a newspaper machine in Costa Mesa yesterday and it had TSOL and the Adolescents listed. Being "older" those were the only two I recognized.

H/C

Nice... That actually sounds cool...