PDA

View Full Version : April 25, The Duct

SkipperDick
04-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Well My buddy Ed (Old AnglishMan) and I hit up the Duct EARLY this morning to try and get some more of those Stripeys! Our mission was to also check out some places on the Duct that we have never been to before. We succeeded in finding some very good "fishy" places to fish. Just after sun-up we were fishing this one spot just below a gate when they closed the gates down for the day. Shortly after the water began to settle down it was "Fish On" for ED! He managed to land a 5 to 6lber on a fluke that he was jigging off the bottom. I was handed a big fat Skunk for the day! I threw everything I had at those suckers for Nada Fish! Before we headed home today we stopped by one more place so I could try to shake the Skunk, Nothing Happening! LOL Oh Well, All in all a good time spent on the Duct and I did manage to get a couple of young LMB to swim up and take some hard looks at what I was throwing. Also spotted quite a large batch of Bluegill Fry at our last spot. Anyways just wanted to throw up a post, sorry but neither of us had our cameras on us today. It could not have been a more beautiful day today, awesome weather, Good Friends, and the AqueSuct! Whoops! I meant to say the Aqueduct!

SkipperDick

thepuma
04-25-2009, 08:47 PM
Nice report SD and congrats OAM...... At least one of you hooked into one of those wolves. I hate it when I arrive and the gates shut just as I get there. Happend just last week.
Well thanks for the report!!!!

SkipperDick
04-25-2009, 11:10 PM
Nice report SD and congrats OAM...... At least one of you hooked into one of those wolves. I hate it when I arrive and the gates shut just as I get there. Happend just last week.
Well thanks for the report!!!!

Thanks Scott. We arrived at the Duct early enough before the gates closed and the water current was flying! makes it a little more challenging to fish when the water is flowing that fast. But all in all a really good time as always.

SkipperDick

trail blazer
04-26-2009, 07:37 AM
WTG on the good day bro.
congrats to youre bro for landing 1 also!!!!!!!!!!!

anytime the water makes a big change in the rate of flow it takes a while for the fish for the fish to settle down,,,,HATE THAT