PDA

View Full Version : Bishop Opener Report

Joshua
04-25-2009, 03:37 PM
My crew flaked out but I went anyways. Took off Early Friday morning, Got to Lone Pine and hit the sand trap. The weather was nice but the fishing was slow. Got a couple on power worm and headed up stream. Hit some of the more obvious spots. Managed to get a few but had to work for them,. It was apparent that DFG had not planted in a couple weeks. Someone said they havent stocked in almost a month??
Ran up to Whitney Portal to check it out. Much cooler. Pulled a few out of the pond and took off. The fish I pulled from Lone Pine were on the large size for standard planters. Did get one brown out of Lone Pine Creek.
Decided to hit up George Creek. I have a new van. . . I tried to go over the cattle grid and got stick. The road was in bad repair and this new van is pretty low. I was blocking the only entrace/exit to the place. Had to jack up the car and put pieces of asphalt under the tires. That almost worked. Someone came by and pulled me out (thank you kind strangers)
Report for the opener. hit up Intake II early. It was snowing the entire time, it dumped for a little while. There was about 1-2" in some places. The fishing was slow. I took off and headed for the creek. My first spot was taken so I went to plan B. Caught and released 25-30 fish before the inciderate idiots showed up. They walk up on me and start casting over my line. I shook my head and told them I would be leaving around 6:30 AM. They showed up at 5:30 am and feel they are entitled to a choice spot on the creek. I decided it would be best if I kept my mouth shut. Partly because he had kids with him.
The best for me was almost 2lbs.
Did I mention it was snowing or blowing the entire time. I finished up at 6:30 am to make it to my daughters softball game in OC at 1 PM. I am working off 4 hours sleep in the last 72 hours. Now we are going to a beach party

I do want to apologize to everyone I endangered for driving while sleep deprived. I was wired on Mt Dew and Monster . Eating sunflower seeds is the best method for staying awake.

I did run by South lake on Firday. Looked like there was some open water. Dont know if ice fishing was safe?? And the snow and wind were blowing like crazy. I checked out Parchers but didnt see any movement. not sure it Smitty was up there

Crab
04-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Now thats a hardcore report!glad u made it back in time.always nice to go up when u can make it.can believe how much the weather changed in a week!

greg
04-25-2009, 09:37 PM
Thanks for the report. A long drive for a short dip in the water. Now get some sleep!

troutdog
04-26-2009, 03:12 AM
Hardcore fisherman right there...thanks for the report and updated conditions, I am dyin to get up there!

Hopefully you were too busy and missed the Raider's draft...."who goofed I've got to know?" :Wink:

TD

flytyingreloader
04-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Totally hardcore, Joshua! Been there/done that to coach my girls' soccer teams during hunting season or when on call. Good on ya, sir.

I'm heading up to Twin Lakes/Bridgeport tomorrow, with the June Loop as a backstop. Should be back Thursday, depending on the fishing action and quality.