PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Day at DVL with Art Berry

'MonBack
04-25-2009, 12:37 PM
Friday, April 24th

After two earlier trips to the “Jewel” resulting in nothing but the big skunk (both times on bass boats during the spawn), my buddies and I decided to swallow our prides and hire a guide.

Our day started out as expected; basic Q&A, lessons on knots, lure selection, etc., but would completely exceed our expectations by the end of the day. When our guide, Art, explained the techniques we’d be using, my friends and I thought he was crazy. But we quickly became believers when we hooked up within a few minutes and casts of our first spot. Not only were we totally wrong, but Art was an absolute professional. From squeezing our pontoon into the tightest coves, to handling our crossed lines and tangles, we received nothing but FIRST CLASS treatment. All we had to do was land the fish!

I could tell you what plastics and colors we used or which coves we fished, but it wouldn’t matter…been there and done that with VERY different results. Art has way too much valuable information to adequately cover on a thread or forum. Every variable affected the other…from the color of the water to direction of the wind dictating the lure / color, retrieve and even the direction the boat was pointing. Just believe me when I say he’s worth every dollar.

At the end of the day, we caught 15+ bass (lost count), with twice as many bites and lost fish. Most were in the 2-4lb range, but we landed two or three that were 6-7lbs. And of course, our newbie fisherman, Otto (the lucky b@stard started fishing last month), caught one fish…a 10+ pounder on 5lb test!

This was definitely the best fishing experience for all of us. I have to recommend and say that hiring Art Berry is a far better investment than blowing your hard earned cash on the latest and greatest gear. If you’ve ever considered hiring a guide, you will not find one that is more knowledgeable, fun and down-to-earth than Art.

His e-mail address is artberryfishing@yahoo.com

artberryfishing@yahoo.com
04-26-2009, 06:02 PM
Thankyou very much for a world class day. You juys were great!!!