PDA

View Full Version : acrobatic HALIBUT!!! 6/15

Halibut Dude
06-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Went fishing in NPh got there around 5 ish and started tossing gulp shrimp wiht a darter head and nothing i did that until it got dark i thrw out 2 rods with big chunks of macs.......10 mins later BENDO!!! i was using a 10# line on a light spinning gear rod ...... i almost ran out of line that thing would not stop so i decide to tighten the drag since i was almost out of line and SNAP =( .......then again on my heavier rod BENDO! their too took almost all my line so i did the same thing SNAP.....THEN againn BENDO woooo but i actually caught this one and yea it was a 30# bat ray on 15# ......
so i saw a BIG school of smelt by the light on the dock and evry so a halibut would jump right out of the water and bass and cudas joined the feast it was cool to see 30 mins later there was no bait lol

I sleeped over that day in my car and next day went fishing the flats alot better day there da report.

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=3504

jplee3
06-18-2007, 12:54 PM
I sleeped over that day in my car and next day went fishing the flats alot better day there da report.

You slept in your car just to continue fishing the next day!? HARDCORE!!! Thanks for the report. Too bad you couldn't get any smelt to toss out during that wild-sounding boil.

Halibut Dude
06-19-2007, 04:30 PM
Yea I sleep in the car ALOt like every other time i go to the beach i just cant get enought of fishing. I didnt even try getting them i dunno didnt seem like fun and too easy there were like 1-2 feet from the dock/lights... so i could have netted on or two