PDA

View Full Version : Putting the skunk to rest: Success

joe man
04-24-2009, 12:50 PM
I finally got my waders, and wading boots allowing me to put the tube in the water a little early this year. Headed to Lake Success for some AM bassing on 4/23. The day started off real slow but after a while they decided to give me a break. The day ended with a total of 2 trout, and 3 bass. All of the fish were smallish although they were of legal size. All fishwere released.

The water level is UP with trees in the water and water under the bridge. The crowd was lite. Fished spinners, and plastics. Even with the catch being small it was a very relaxing day. I found a hole in the middle of the trees and hardly heard any unnatural noises all day.

Ifishtoolittle
04-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Way to beat the skunk man!

BakoBassin
04-24-2009, 10:31 PM
Cool deal, Joe. Glad to hear you got to get out and do some fishing. We'll have to get together to do some kickboat/float tubing. Kaweah can be a good lake for tubing as well.

joe man
04-25-2009, 05:01 AM
Cool deal, Joe. Glad to hear you got to get out and do some fishing. We'll have to get together to do some kickboat/float tubing. Kaweah can be a good lake for tubing as well.

Thats one I have wanted to give a try. I hear that if you wait until summer to hit it you have waited too late. Do you think it is worth while to go after the vacation crowds get there?

Success is really good for tubing right now with the water level up in the tree lines. The only problem I had with Success is that the parking is too far from the area I like to fish so I had to fight the wind on the way back to the truck. All in all it was a real good day but my legs are still feeling the pain.

I do not get to go fishing very much but I have decided that I will just have to put up with the complaints over the mile long and past due honey dos to get out a little more. I have decided to go at least a few times every month.

BakoBassin
04-25-2009, 12:01 PM
Kaweah has spotted bass, so you can almost always find some biting fish. It is a zoo during the summer though, as is any lake with pleasure boaters. You can fish it all night just like Success though.

FISH ON
04-26-2009, 03:01 PM
sounds peacefully and fun Joe man. thanks for the report.