PDA

View Full Version : Not sure if I could bit** about this enough

Simplyeman
04-24-2009, 09:33 AM
[rant]

This is what has happened for the past several fishing trips.

Fishing with some buddies and someone will come along plant themselves RIGHT NEXT TO ME and start fishing! this time it was at castaic pier.....at night time.........the whole pier was open..........we were in one corner! Not sure if that was an FFN member, BUT somehow I doubt he was. As predicted in my own brain (he's going to tangle my line) he tangled my F-ing line. It's pretty frustrating when youre trying to enjoy a quiet night. I am always up to share a spot but thats just ridiculous. It just seems like such a waste of energy to start an argument with people like this. I was being a dick by saying things out loud indirectly because after several fishing trips in a row i just couldnt take it anymore and after about 30 minutes he got the hint and walked 10 feet over:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes: (douche)

[/end rant]

BIGRED KILLA
04-24-2009, 10:28 AM
[rant]

This is what has happened for the past several fishing trips.

Fishing with some buddies and someone will come along plant themselves RIGHT NEXT TO ME and start fishing! this time it was at castaic pier.....at night time.........the whole pier was open..........we were in one corner! Not sure if that was an FFN member, BUT somehow I doubt he was. As predicted in my own brain (he's going to tangle my line) he tangled my F-ing line. It's pretty frustrating when youre trying to enjoy a quiet night. I am always up to share a spot but thats just ridiculous. It just seems like such a waste of energy to start an argument with people like this. I was being a dick by saying things out loud indirectly because after several fishing trips in a row i just couldnt take it anymore and after about 30 minutes he got the hint and walked 10 feet over:Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes::Rolls Eyes: (douche)

[/end rant]

Please dont go on any charter boats.

Bigred

Stormcrow
04-24-2009, 11:24 AM
please dont go on any charter boats.

Bigred

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
Amen!

jim532
04-24-2009, 12:07 PM
I do the same thing
When someone is fishing in the spot I want, I fish next to them and get my line tangled in theirs.

It was nice meeting you that night.

But seriously, I hear your rant loud and clear, shore fishing is like using a public restroom.
You walk in there's 8 urinals not being used, you go to the one on the far end, then someone comes in and they have to use the one right next to you and wants to strike up a conversation too.

Simplyeman
04-25-2009, 12:21 PM
I've been on charter boats and I never had any problems, I go midweek and I avoid the huge crowds. I don't enjoy fishing on charter boats because it is not relaxing.

I understand about fishing spots and how people "claim" their spot but I am a believer in first come first serve.If a spot is not available just move to another spot.

Just because you're takin' a dump in my favorite stall in a public restroom doesn't mean I am going to walk in and take a dump on your lap.

Nicksan
04-25-2009, 06:32 PM
This happens all the time to me and my buddy.

One time we were at silverwood and this fracking A-hole in waders walks right in front of us and actully grabbed our lines so he could walk by, instead of walking up to the shore and going around, then he caught a fish right in front of us.

And then theres the jackasses at jesse ranch, We walked around to the far end to have a spot to ourselves and of course, these two A-holes stand not ten feet from us on each side and start casting when there was hardly anybody within a hundered feet around both sides of us.

Theres to many other times to get into.........On the other hand, We were at skinner a week or so ago and a guy actually asked me if he could fish next to me. I agreed because I was shocked someone asked and I had been fishing there for an hour with not even a bite. :)

swimbait101
04-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Wow, that really sucks. The DFG should have a law about that saying you cant be within ??? of somebody

seal
04-25-2009, 09:03 PM
Wow, that really sucks. The DFG should have a law about that saying you cant be within ??? of somebody

Umm yea, they don't have enough to do. Get out the tape measure! Just jok'n.

Not much better out in the water some days, today I got rammed in my tube by a kayak out on Silverwood. That's right rammed! They were having aN outdoor campout/outreach or something for kids. Really not that mad at the kid, he didn't know what he was doing, but they had a lifeguard in a boat withing 50 feet and a so-called leader out there in a kayak, nice job they did of leading!

TOO MANY RATS IN A CAGE, OR ON THE WATER, I FEEL YOUR PAIN!

The Angler
04-26-2009, 10:23 AM
I think this has been a problem for fisherman for centurys lol.

I just dont get how people dont have any common sence to this kind of ****. Once i was at corona lake (In a Pontoon Boat) in the middle of the lake to avoid other crowded spots with boats and such the these 3 guys in toon freakin come about 5 feet from the boat????? and just paddle in one spot in front of us for like 20 mins ? I was ****** pissed off so bad i was actually trying to hit one of them on purpose with my lure. i know I was wrong for trying that but I was just so damn pissed off. They tangled pretty much everyones line on our boat and even cut my cousins line so they can have room to cast. The same day as that so idiots in a little motor boat where trying to troll I guess they had about 2 pole each & drove up about 5 feet from our boat but where driving about 20 miles an hour tangled up one of my pole and almost pulled my rod off the boat into the water good thing i had the drag set really loose or that thing would have been a goner. ****** idiots

swimbait101
04-26-2009, 10:50 AM
What retards, there should be marshals patrolling watching out for people that are to close to others

flytyingreloader
04-26-2009, 11:59 AM
One GREAT method to create a little fishing space is to start flycasting. Those hooks flying back and forth at the end of the line make people move out yo' way, fo' sho'.

Hitts0n
04-26-2009, 07:18 PM
Tell them off.Tell them to get the f.ck out of your space ! That type of sh,t pisses me off. :Evil:

JENSEN500
04-26-2009, 07:38 PM
My favorite is at havasu when im trolling and a frickin' ski boat comes haulin' *** right behind me and catches my line in the prop. It happened so many times about 3 yrs ago,my bro (BASSTURD) and i started putting the reel into free spool and letting the prop peel all 300+ yrd of 12-14lb line into the prop. It will eventually work its way into the hub and do some SERIOUS damage. A-holes!!!!