PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel for bass?

fongster
04-23-2009, 07:08 PM
I used to fish it years ago before it was pay-to-fish. Is it worth the $20 to shore fish the LMBs? Is a rental boat worth it? Maybe going this sat. Thanks.

bsp
04-23-2009, 07:41 PM
Nope. You have a much better chance of catching bass at your local city park lake. There are still some big ones in there, but the bass fishing took a huge hit with the die off. It should rebound in a year or two.

fongster
04-23-2009, 09:26 PM
Nope. You have a much better chance of catching bass at your local city park lake. There are still some big ones in there, but the bass fishing took a huge hit with the die off. It should rebound in a year or two.

Tell me more about the die-off... Wasn't aware of that, what caused it and when? Thanks.

fongster
04-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Update: I went and spent $60 for one bass, lol. A nice bass but only one. Couldn't get a pattern going in the 4 hours I fished Sat.. Went to the local park lake today and got 3 for free! BSP must be a phophet.

bsp
04-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Not really, I just speak from personal experience! It used to be a killer bass fishery, and should be in a little bit. I remember the last time I went, I ended up catching trout on my bass lures. Those park lakes are the real gems, and hold a lot of big, albeit smart, bass.

goodguy
04-28-2009, 08:24 AM
Tell me more about the die-off... Wasn't aware of that, what caused it and when? Thanks.

It happened last year... Tons of dead fish all over... They say it was due to a shortage of oxygen in the water...

I think the lake was to loaded with fish for it's size and just self regulated...

bassassassin
04-28-2009, 09:38 AM
the bass fishing used to be killer... went a couple months ago and only got two bass

goodguy
04-28-2009, 10:51 AM
the bass fishing used to be killer... went a couple months ago and only got two bass

I used to go out in my tube and get 20 fish days... No less than 10 was the norm... It's a shame...