PDA

View Full Version : 32.5 minutes at NPH Thursday

ghetto dad
04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Hey guys,

After dropping my daughter off at school, and having to make a diaper run for lil Hailey, I decided once again for a quick 30 minute session at NPH.

Once there, I immediately started fishing my favorite spot, using D/S GULP in smelt. Once again, outgoing STRONG tide, which made the spot harder to fish then normal. After a few casts, again, hooked a nicer fish (this wasn’t my “mystery” huge fish, but nicer none the less), and again, it spit the hook. Frustrated, made a few more casts, hooked another fish, smaller then the first…again…SPIT the hook!! GRRRRRR!! I decided to move around the point and try new water.

Found a spot that looked fishy, made a cast, and hooked another fish. This one stayed on the hook, yes, a bit small, but no skunk for me!!!

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10026.jpg

Made a few more casts here, but this outgoing tide was just too hard to fish….lost about 5 d/s rigs throught the day because of it. I noticed that I had a few more minutes, and wanted to him my spot again.

Made a cast, missed a fish, made another cast, stuck a fish!! A lil nicer, but still a dink, but another spottie…

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i292/ghettodad/SDC10027.jpg

Just an observation, everytime to try to hold a spottie for a pic, they seem to want to push their tail up to the opposite side…are they posing or what?? Lmao…..but it does reduce the size they are in the pics…..

Have a great day…maybe ill try to hit it after work tonight…

GD

victor101
04-23-2009, 05:56 PM
Good job GD...u did 2X better than i did today...

Troutman65
04-23-2009, 06:02 PM
Nice going GD. Keep it up , Someday you will get that Monster that got away.:Smile::Wink: Thanks for the post & pics.

ODOGFISH
04-23-2009, 06:05 PM
32.5 minutes of fishing is better than 32.5 minutes of work any day :Razz:

Liteliner
04-23-2009, 06:06 PM
Dude you went back there again???? :EyePop: Go to the other spot we were talkin about. I bet you will get that pig hali there. No lie man.

flyngby
04-23-2009, 08:21 PM
Steve,

Way to avoid the skunk and sorry your bigger friend did not mess with you today and give you an opportunity to get revenge!

My toy Submarine came with a catalog of some new but very interesting other toys.

They have a pretty realistic looking Halibut complete with the up and down Head shakes and also a large mouth bass with the side to side shakes! And all have underwater cameras!:Dancing Banana::Thumbs Up:

I just might have to give up my fishing time as the success I have had messing with a few of you who are so not observing your surroundings is so much fun!!:ROFL::ROFL:

What you may go tonight? You need to go to the Doctor instead to get your case of Spotted Fever Treated!

Thanks for the report.

Steve

calico killer kevin
04-23-2009, 08:33 PM
Nice short session. The amount of bites per cast at NPH is amazing.

ghetto dad
04-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Good job GD...u did 2X better than i did today...

lol...youll get your legal tomorro OG, I can feel it homie...

Nice going GD. Keep it up , Someday you will get that Monster that got away.:Smile::Wink: Thanks for the post & pics.

thanks TM.....im tryin!!!

32.5 minutes of fishing is better than 32.5 minutes of work any day :Razz:

I concur....

Dude you went back there again???? :EyePop: Go to the other spot we were talkin about. I bet you will get that pig hali there. No lie man.

As we said via text, Im not "targeting" halis....im over that.....but thanks homie.....

Steve,

Way to avoid the skunk and sorry your bigger friend did not mess with you today and give you an opportunity to get revenge!

My toy Submarine came with a catalog of some new but very interesting other toys.

They have a pretty realistic looking Halibut complete with the up and down Head shakes and also a large mouth bass with the side to side shakes! And all have underwater cameras!:Dancing Banana::Thumbs Up:

I just might have to give up my fishing time as the success I have had messing with a few of you who are so not observing your surroundings is so much fun!!:ROFL::ROFL:

What you may go tonight? You need to go to the Doctor instead to get your case of Spotted Fever Treated!

Thanks for the report.

Steve

yeah......I jumped on the bandwagon, and here to stay,,,,for awhile at least...

Nice short session. The amount of bites per cast at NPH is amazing.

yeah......LOTS of hits.....thanks

GD

daveg456
04-23-2009, 09:31 PM
30 Minute Fishing is where it's at!!!!

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 32.5-Minute Fishing?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 32.5-Minute Fishing. Yeah, the fishing video.

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 30... Minute... Fishing.

Ted: Right. Yes. OK, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 32.5-Minute Fishing sittin' there, there's 30-Minute Fishing right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Ted: I would go for the 30.

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 30-Minute Fishing. And we guarantee just as good a fishing as the 32.5-minute folk.

Ted: You guarantee it? That's - how do you do that?

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 30 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minutes free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 28-Minute Fishing. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 28! I said 30. Nobody's comin' up with 28. Who fishes in 28 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Ted: That - good point.

Hitchhiker: 30's the key number here. Think about it. 30 minute massages. 30 minutes or it's free. 30, man, that's the number. 30 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Ted: Why?

Hitchhiker: 'Cause you're ******' fired!

BIGRED KILLA
04-23-2009, 09:32 PM
You need to stop using your mini jigs and pull out the big swimbaits. lol j.k thanks for the pics and report.

Bigred

ghetto dad
04-23-2009, 09:34 PM

Hitchhiker: Yeah, this is going to blow that right out of the water. Listen to this: 30... Minute... Fishing.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 32.5-Minute Fishing sittin' there, there's 30-Minute Fishing right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 30-Minute Fishing. And we guarantee just as good a fishing as the 32.5-minute folk.

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 30 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minutes free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "A" to "B".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 28-Minute Fishing. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[Hitchhiker convulses]
Hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 28! I said 30. Nobody's comin' up with 28. Who fishes in 28 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Hitchhiker: 30's the key number here. Think about it. 30 minute massages. 30 minutes or it's free. 30, man, that's the number. 30 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

dude.....wth?? :ROFL:

You need to stop using your mini jigs and pull out the big swimbaits. lol j.k thanks for the pics and report.

yea red....i was at turners on my way to night fish NPH....they were out of 5 inch jerk baits...grrrrrrr.....and i WAS about to buy those 7 inch jerk shads...i shoulda.....thanks man

GD

Bigred

victor101
04-23-2009, 09:41 PM
30 minute fishing is where it's at!!!!

Hitchhiker: You heard of this thing, the 32.5-minute fishing?

Ted: Yeah, sure, 32.5-minute fishing. Yeah, the fishing video.

Ted: Right. Yes. Ok, all right. I see where you're going.

Hitchhiker: Think about it. You walk into a video store, you see 32.5-minute fishing sittin' there, there's 30-minute fishing right beside it. Which one are you gonna pick, man?

Hitchhiker: Bingo, man, bingo. 30-minute fishing. And we guarantee just as good a fishing as the 32.5-minute folk.

Hitchhiker: If you're not happy with the first 30 minutes, we're gonna send you the extra minutes free. You see? That's it. That's our motto. That's where we're comin' from. That's from "a" to "b".

Ted: That's right. That's - that's good. That's good. Unless, of course, somebody comes up with 28-minute fishing. Then you're in trouble, huh?

[hitchhiker convulses]
hitchhiker: No! No, no, not 28! I said 30. Nobody's comin' up with 28. Who fishes in 28 minutes? You won't even get your heart goin, not even a mouse on a wheel.

Hitchhiker: 30's the key number here. Think about it. 30 minute massages. 30 minutes or it's free. 30, man, that's the number. 30 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly brie time, baby. Step into my office.

Hitchhiker: 'cause you're ******' fired!

omg lmfao :rofl:

BIGRED KILLA
04-23-2009, 09:43 PM

[Hitchhiker convulses]

Put down the pipe and get some fresh air. LOL

Bigred

daveg456
04-23-2009, 09:48 PM
Just in case someone just crawled out from under a rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9mioHO4hoM&feature=related

P.S. Nice fish. First thing that came to mind when I saw the 32.5 minutes was this scene.

Jaysuuun
04-24-2009, 07:24 AM
2 Spotties in 30 minutes! Wow GD you are dialed in to these fish! I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime.

Tesserz
04-24-2009, 12:31 PM

[Hitchhiker convulses]

LOL don't worry, I got it. hahahaah. I loved reading everyone's reaction to it though. :ROFL:

Anyway, ghetto dad, great job out there! I know if we lived 10mins away, Jason would be out there for 30 mins every single day, haha. Hope to see you out there sometime! :Smile:

deanhall32
04-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Nice report GD!

I truly believe in the 30 minute rule which can be used in many ways:

1) a quick fishing trip during lunch or between honey-dos
2) the length of time you have when visiting a friend unless you are invited to stay longer
3) the length of time your friend has when visiting you unless you invite him to stay longer
4) the maximum length of time for a Ricky-Ray nap
5) the length of time for a long soak of a sardine at one of the Southern Baja Islands on a long range trip ( for which I have never experienced )
6) Hak's attention span
7) the length of time it takes for GD to get mad at a caller who refuses to give his credit card # when trying to make a reservation

fisherbabe
04-24-2009, 01:33 PM
Nice work GD!! I went out yesteday after work and a big ol skunko for me!!! Great job and even better when all you got is 30 min.!!

ghetto dad
04-24-2009, 01:51 PM
2 Spotties in 30 minutes! Wow GD you are dialed in to these fish! I'm sure we'll run into each other sometime.

lol...you need to hook me up with some spots homie...you get the larger models.....

GD

ghetto dad
04-24-2009, 01:53 PM
Nice report GD!

I truly believe in the 30 minute rule which can be used in many ways:

1) a quick fishing trip during lunch or between honey-dos
2) the length of time you have when visiting a friend unless you are invited to stay longer
3) the length of time your friend has when visiting you unless you invite him to stay longer
4) the maximum length of time for a Ricky-Ray nap
5) the length of time for a long soak of a sardine at one of the Southern Baja Islands on a long range trip ( for which I have never experienced )
6) Hak's attention span
7) the length of time it takes for GD to get mad at a caller who refuses to give his credit card # when trying to make a reservation

OMG!! :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

THanks coach

GD

boxl0bster
04-25-2009, 08:24 PM
nice work out there man! i gotta go give nph a try and add a spottie to my list of species. maybe sometime next week. if i go ill shoot you a pm. :Cool:

ghetto dad
04-25-2009, 09:09 PM
nice work out there man! i gotta go give nph a try and add a spottie to my list of species. maybe sometime next week. if i go ill shoot you a pm. :Cool:

cool...im still learning the bay man...sooo many good spots...i just havent found them yet....lol.....

GD

DiskoCrisco
04-27-2009, 04:53 PM
SpeedFishing... a great new way to enjoy the sport