PDA

View Full Version : Chicken liver

trashetanush
04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Where do you guys buy these at? I hear there great for Stripers.

troutdog
04-22-2009, 08:38 PM
Almost any grocery store, if you don't see them in the meat case just ask the butcher...good luck!

TD

CASTAWAY
04-22-2009, 08:45 PM
Saigon Market in Westminster or El Super in Anaheim.....

trashetanush
04-22-2009, 08:55 PM
alright thx.

Billy Bass
04-22-2009, 08:56 PM
You can chicken livers at any supermarket. We used to buy them, put them in a jar and leave 'em out in the sun for a day or two.
OH BARF!!!!!!!!!!!
But the catfish went nuts over them, if you can beleive that.

fish4anything
04-23-2009, 10:18 AM
You can chicken livers at any supermarket. We used to buy them, put them in a jar and leave 'em out in the sun for a day or two.
OH BARF!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, that's a great idea! Does this help them stay on the hook?

HEMAN
04-23-2009, 11:11 AM
OH BARF!!!!!!!!!!!

interesting... i'll have to check that out.. i'm sure it will be super duper stinky enough..

jim532
04-23-2009, 01:58 PM
I was shore fishing with some chicken liver scented dough bait one time and I left the package open. A little girl walk by with her mom, and as they pass I hear the girl say to her mom, "I think that man pooped his pants"

stinky stuff

troutdog
04-23-2009, 02:09 PM

I lay them out on wax paper, sprinkle them with garlic salt and let them sit in the sun for the day....definitely helps them stay on the hook!

TD

trashetanush
04-23-2009, 02:53 PM
Alright, thx for the tips. I'll buy some and put them under the sun for 1 day. After that, Does it go in the freezer or does it stay out unitl i go fishing.

FISHNCHIPS
04-23-2009, 03:08 PM
An old timer showed me how to wrap thread around the liver on a hook then half hitch it. Works great and I've caught some big catfish with it. About 10 wraps and the liver will stay on for hours. Never heard of stripers eating it.

Billy Bass
04-23-2009, 04:51 PM

Heck no! The more disgusting they are, the harder it is to stay on the hook.
Try to gently flyline the stuff, and don't get any on you!

Billy Bass
04-23-2009, 04:53 PM
Alright, thx for the tips. I'll buy some and put them under the sun for 1 day. After that, Does it go in the freezer or does it stay out unitl i go fishing.

If you put that stuff in the freezer, you'll be headed for divorce court. You gotta use 'em right away!

:ROFL: