PDA

View Full Version : Son Of A *****

yolo
04-22-2009, 05:25 PM
Stopped by the duct this early afternoon on my home from work and get a hook up within 10 minutes and my 2 week old Quantum Accurist Performance Tuned reel gets the level wind jacked up and winds on only one side just like the Shakespeare a few weeks ago that I lost another fish on that did the same thing. Well I lost this fish too. What the heck is up with the level winds breaking on me. I have caught 2 DD and a few 6 to 8 lb stripers on this Quantum in the 2 weeks I have owned it so it should last longer than that. The cheaper Shakespeare reel lasted way longer. I received a replacement for the Shakespeare last week and I went to Big 5 immediately and they replaced the Quantum. This replacement Quantum is way smoother and makes a totally different sound when casting than the one that broke. I think I got a bad one from the factory. I guess it happens but to lose two fish on two separate reels with the same problem is kind of weird.

Water was totally still this afternoon in Palmdale. First time I have seen that in a few weeks. Humid today too with thunderstorm clouds all over.

trail blazer
04-22-2009, 05:57 PM
That SUCKS yolo
twice in such a short time

good to get hooked up though on another striper WTG

yolo
04-22-2009, 06:24 PM
It's probably for the best since it was not a big fish. The new exchanged reel is super smooth and casts way better. I must have gotten a factory defect. It was the last one they had and they are not getting anymore so I'm kind of lucky because I didn't want a refund or have to ship it to the manufacturer. It was like 60% off on sale when I got it.

Tr1p0d
04-22-2009, 06:40 PM
Better to hook and lost then never hook... LOL something like that... Great report as usual.... Thanks bud....

calico killer kevin
04-22-2009, 06:43 PM
Get a Shimano...
2DD's in two weeks? Not bad

exfactor
04-22-2009, 08:03 PM
grease the bejesus out of the worm gear. when they feel hard to turn, the gear on the left side is made out of plastic, and it breaks easily. grease the worm gear good

yolo
04-22-2009, 08:27 PM
I did hear a pop when I hooked up and wanted to reel but it was never binding or hard to turn before that. It was only 2 weeks old and fresh water fished only but I sure caught quite a few fish in that time frame and 2 DD. Thanks for the tip.

thepuma
04-24-2009, 07:48 AM
Dang Yolo.... Twice now... I would think you would be getting good at throwing down the pole and grabbing the line with your hand to bring the fish in.
:)
There is no way that is going to happen a 3rd time to you. You have all that under your belt. The spool might seize on you or something but the line feed will work perfectly.

RamboBoy
04-26-2009, 10:43 AM
I went to fishing with Taco yesterday at DVL. After I caught a 6lb striper my penn reel is phuk up son of biatch.

Tonight I will try fix it my penn reel.