PDA

View Full Version : Silver Lake Campground Help

MMRAM
04-22-2009, 03:49 PM
Hi i am heading out to silver lake campground the weekend after the opener was wandering if there are any hot spots to go grab a nice steak in the area and maybe if you all could help me with some hot spots for not just fishing but for sightseeing , i have not been up to the sierras in about 15 years , used to go every year with my pops until he got sick and well he recently past and i want to show the rest of my family and friends the area he was so in love with , only probelms i was young and only remember a lot of the places by sight maybe you all can help me out ....thanks ahead of time....and one have pics of the robinson creek campground ....thanks again

fishslayer01
04-22-2009, 09:40 PM
Its a nice campground and Silverlake has a resort and cafe, just dont grab one of the sites too close to the pack station, those freakin mules bray and fart all night long!

Sierra_Smitty
04-22-2009, 10:16 PM
The Carson Peak Inn is the best dinner in town. The Tiger, Sierra Inn & Double Eagle are all ok too.

Sight Seeing ideas.....
-Drive the entire loop - make sure to stop at Oh! Ridge and take a picture of June Lake with Carson peak in the background
-Mono Lake is a popular place to visit
-Obsidian Dome is between June & Mammoth - kinda cool.
-A drive up to Tioga Pass is a nice trip if the pass is open
-The ghost town at Bodie is pretty cool - not sure if it will be open though
-Hot Creek Hatchery isn't too far from June
-Lots of hiking in the area if you're into that.
-Take a drive up to the Mammoth Lakes Basin - very pretty!

It wouldn't be a bad idea to pop into the Silver Lake Resort store and ask them if they have any ideas.

There are also lots of other places to stop in the Owens Valley - good for breaking up the drive there or back.
-Schats Bakery (Bishop)
-Laws Railroad Museum (Bishop)
-Mountain Light Gallery (Bishop)
-Eastern California Museum (Independence) - this place is really neat!
-Manzanar (by Independence)

Have a great time!

Smitty

MMRAM
04-23-2009, 12:10 PM
Thanks for the info guys , i really appreciate it ....

MAN VS WILD
04-24-2009, 11:38 PM
Silver lake Cafe I think it's called. I had a very good steak and eggs breakfast there last year. It's small but very good.

Gull Lake is a good spot if on a boat or float tube fish the opposite end of the marina. Shore fishing is good by the playground. Silver Lake is good, it was really good for us as the sun was setting (shore fishing). About 20-30 min away is Bridgeport. Head up to Twin Lakes, fishing next to the marina is good. Like Smitty said definitely check out Mammoth. We hit up twin lakes down there during the week and we were the only ones on the lake. Rush creek which is in the June Loop has some quality bows in there.

As for entertainment and food we hit this Pizza resturant in June Lake that was really good. If you want to have some beers and just hang out the Tiger Bar in June Lake is really cool.

Don't forget to hit up Convict Lake on the way up. It's a must! It's a very beautiful lake. Breathtaking.

I hope this helps you out. Good Luck and

FISH ON!!!