PDA

View Full Version : Bass in the H D ???

dgfishin
04-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Are there bass in Hesperia Lake or Mojave Narrows?

sonarbp
04-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Fishing info Hesperia Lake:

Fishing permits are $12.00 per person, $7 for seniors(M-F), and $10 for Hesperia residents, (M-F). Children are $3 and have a two fish limit. (or they can pay the adult rate and catch 5 fish) No license is required. There are two fishing sessions per day; 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. The lake is stocked with trout in the winter and catfish during the summer. There are also bluegill, largemouth bass, and carp in here.

http://www.fishingnetwork.net/socal/hesperia.htm

seal
04-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Don't know about the info on Hesperia Lake, LMB's not a very likely catch. I've heard of just rumors of LMB's being caught there. The Narrows has a decent population of LMB's but if you want to go somewhere nearby why not Silverwood?

Also Jess Ranch has a good population of LMB's.

Mojave River Angler
04-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Be advised, many of the private places are like Jess Ranch. Catch and release only for large mouth bass. Still a lot of fun. Check their web site. They are only open Fri. Sat. Sun.

MRA

Nessie Hunter
04-24-2009, 08:28 AM
Hesperia Lake is a Septic Tank now..
Never saw or heard of a LMB caught there either??
Maybe 20 yrs ago??

Mojave Narrows has them, I have seen the fry and dinks (6", Both lakes)). But again, have never seen any caught and tried many times myself. Have seen 5# ones dead on shore though??

Jess Ranch has some fair bass, all C&R..
Also JR has a float Tube Only Bass lake (extra charge of $20??), supposed to be W/O on bass (a friend used to fish it and brag about the numbers he caught)???
I Tubed it 'once' in dead of winter, Very cold water, Didnt see a fish or even get a bump.. But it was to cold for Bass at the time also... I was frozen solid in about 20 min....

Silverwood would be the best place for Bass locally (HD)....

LMB should always be C&R only...
They are not stocked!!!
Its up to us to keep the numbers up...
Only way we and future generations can have a decent day of catching them..

dragonrpc
04-24-2009, 08:40 AM
LMB should always be C&R only...
They are not stocked!!!
Its up to us to keep the numbers up...
Only way we and future generations can have a decent day of catching them..

+1 Well stated!