PDA

View Full Version : fairmont park anglers

joebass
04-22-2009, 12:12 PM
so how about a "GET TOGETHER" for all the regulars there sometime ? summertime is "PARTYTIME" right? any idea? OK FRIDAY NITE 4/24 AT THE "PARK". I GUESS WE CAN PARK BY THE PIER ACROSS THE GOLF COURSE. JUST WHENEVER YOU CAN MAKE IT THERE. SEE YA THERE. IF NOT NO BIG DEAL.SUMMERS COMING AND THERES PLENTY OF TIME.

WARRIORMIKE
04-22-2009, 01:19 PM
I dont want to take your money!! :Secret:

JediMindTricks
04-22-2009, 03:06 PM
its always party time. and im always at fairmont. :)
who else is a fairmont regular??

joebass
04-22-2009, 03:47 PM
its always party time. and im always at fairmont. :)
who else is a fairmont regular??

ya jedi-i know of at least 8-10 more from this site alone. we'll need a truck full of ice :ROFL: :Secret: to start with.

BassLady
04-22-2009, 04:52 PM
Lets do it to it man!!!!! Someone set a time and a date and it will be on like donkey kong! Now if were making wagers i think you better careful because I know ill be going home with some deep pockets that day lol......jk

joebass
04-22-2009, 05:02 PM
Lets do it to it man!!!!! Someone set a time and a date and it will be on like donkey kong! Now if were making wagers i think you better careful because I know ill be going home with some deep pockets that day lol......jk :ROFL: :ROFL: ya!ya! i dont doubt it at all.lets give the regulars a few days to check in here and set it up for night? week-end? im free anytime. so basslady-GIT-ER-DONE :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::Cool:?

castle
04-22-2009, 05:50 PM
Dudes, I fish at 5th st. lake thats only like 5 min. from Fairmount. The bass are all over the place now!

JediMindTricks
04-22-2009, 07:20 PM
ok, so lets agree on a time first. im available any time or day this month.
took a little well deserved time off work. :)

wethook
04-22-2009, 08:17 PM
i'll be there. name it.

and whats 5th st.?

BassLady
04-22-2009, 09:38 PM
lol im open weekends and evenings, but dont expect me to organize anything lol

CASTAWAY
04-22-2009, 09:58 PM
so how about a "GET TOGETHER" for all the regulars there sometime ? summertime is "PARTYTIME" right? any idea?

I'm not a regular. But I'm down to get down on a get down! Let me know if I could get down.

NICKYMOUSE8
04-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Yeah get down get down.:Envious: oh cant I come too?? ILL bring the true summer green into red eyes

CASTAWAY
04-22-2009, 10:34 PM
Yeah get down get down.:Envious:

you think I'm joking????

The Angler
04-22-2009, 10:53 PM
you think I'm joking????

haha i think hes calling u out :LOL:

joebass
04-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Ok fairmont/ fish-a-thon this friday nite. I guess we can meet at area across from golf course (at pier area) if u can make it greatITS A SHORT NOTICE GET TOGETHER.. Hey its friday NITE

NICKYMOUSE8
04-23-2009, 08:42 AM
you think I'm joking????
no, I dont think your JOKING I like TO ''JOKE'' around SOMETIMES when im on FNN or when im really drunk BUT im NOT JOKING and im not drunk fool!!

CASTAWAY
04-23-2009, 09:53 AM
no, I dont think your JOKING I like TO ''JOKE'' around SOMETIMES when im on FNN or when im really drunk BUT im NOT JOKING and im not drunk fool!!

stop messing around. here's the link if you're not joking. sign up.
stop joking around..... it's only fifteen dollars to enter..............
if you catch a bigger fish than me i'll tip you another $20. see you there....
BTW, NO alchohol allowed@ Perris Lake, so no excuses.......
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31737

bigblant
04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
Bah-
I got to work tonight...next time try for a morning or weekend and I'll be there.

joebass
04-23-2009, 12:13 PM
bah-
i got to work tonight...next time try for a morning or weekend and i'll be there.

its tommorrow nite (friday nite)

SkipperDick
04-23-2009, 12:55 PM
I was planning on hitting the Aqueduct tomorrow night. But if plans change, I will come to the park. It's been about two weeks since I fished Fairmont.

SkipperDick

joebass
04-23-2009, 01:20 PM
i was planning on hitting the aqueduct tomorrow night. But if plans change, i will come to the park. It's been about two weeks since i fished fairmont.

Skipperdick

alright a fairmont vet!!! Fisherman :rofl: See ya there. Ill b there between 5-6.

BassLady
04-23-2009, 02:36 PM
im not sure that ill be able to make it on short notice. I work in whittier tomorrow :( ick and plus friday nite is my bar nite, but im gonna try

MikesOcean
04-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Hahaha!! I live in whittier. Guess i;ll be drinking. lol j/k What bar. I know em all!! hehe

mikesocean

NICKYMOUSE8
04-23-2009, 05:25 PM
stop messing around. here's the link if you're not joking. sign up.
stop joking around..... it's only fifteen dollars to enter..............
if you catch a bigger fish than me i'll tip you another $20. see you there....
BTW, NO alchohol allowed@ Perris Lake, so no excuses.......
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=31737

Hey CASTAWAY thanx for the invite dude,But tonight @ midnight the mouse is creeping outta the hole Los Angeles. will be in Arizona Blythe,HAVE A DATE with small mouth betty bass.Plus you guys from team panfish have way more of advantage dropshoting to slabs from a boat but ,will do my homework and shopping for next tour good luck out guys!!

fishmounter
04-23-2009, 05:32 PM
Oh well damn it, I guess I'll have to show up and show all you kids how to catch bass. No wait, it's a secret. (I do have something new that I'm using that really seems to work) And hey man, let's get this straight. I don't party when I fish. Fishing is serious stuff. We are fishing right?
I'll be there before sun up and I'll try to make it again in the afternoon. I don't like fishing Friday, Saturday/Sunday afternoons.. too many people.

joebass
04-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Oh well damn it, I guess I'll have to show up and show all you kids how to catch bass. No wait, it's a secret. (I do have something new that I'm using that really seems to work) And hey man, let's get this straight. I don't party when I fish. Fishing is serious stuff. We are fishing right?
I'll be there before sun up and I'll try to make it again in the afternoon. I don't like fishing Friday, Saturday/Sunday afternoons.. too many people. as soon as you show up it will be "class in session". ive read your reports (and pictures included :ROFL: ) and know you know that lake.its a get together for those who want to fish and get to know each other as there are alot of locals who fish there.see ya there!!

The Angler
04-24-2009, 10:18 AM
:Sad:Wish i could make it to show u guys how its done.BUT i dont get out of work till 9:00 p.m. today

JediMindTricks
04-24-2009, 11:19 AM
looks like weekends are better for everyone?

joebass
04-24-2009, 11:44 AM
looks like it. everyone says its to crowded there on week end.i bet half the people who fish there are on these sites.just wave and say hi.they will know you from FNN. later 2night guys and girls.

dly123
04-24-2009, 08:09 PM
I'm usually there weekends in the afternoon. Look for short overweight asian guy with brown backpack usually using wacky worm setup.

wethook
04-24-2009, 08:37 PM
I was there this afternoon, with my little boy.

where was everyone?

...its alright. fishing with a five yo is like walking into a wall...over and over and ...

fishmounter
04-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Yeah, where was everybody? All the big talkers didn't show up. Man you guys missed out on some fantasic bass fishing! Just Kidding. But I was there. So was BassLady (Nice meeting you, by the way Get any fish?). Hey Wethook I think you and your boy walked right by me. You were wearing an orange sweatshirt or something? I ask you how fishing was. I was the "old guy" wearing the orange hat. When you walked by me I had a fish pick up my lure, but I missed the hook set. It was breezy and cool out there! I did manage to catch 1 bass though.

BassLady
04-24-2009, 10:25 PM
yea nice meeting you. Im sorry if i talked your ear off. Well it looks like we know who the real regulars are there lol. good job on the fish. I got skunked hopefully ill make it back out there this weekend sometime with a little more luck

wethook
04-25-2009, 12:25 AM
fishmounter, was it you that i said i couldnt get any fishing done when i fish with my son? LOL, all i do is get his line/pole/lure/rod straightened out so he can get it all mucked up again. Fun though.
Basslady, was that you straight across from us?

joebass
04-25-2009, 06:34 AM
got called into work to run a load to vegas yesterday and just now getting back.oh well,sounds like only 3 of ya,the true "fairmont fisher's" !! windy? i hit it all the way to vegas and its not fun in a big rig. cooler weather coming,

JediMindTricks
04-25-2009, 07:59 AM
i went on a date.
im excused. :)

going out there right now though.

wethook
04-25-2009, 09:55 AM
Theres' no dating in fishing!!!!
lol

BassLady
04-25-2009, 10:31 AM
yea wethook probably. And No Jedi YOU ARE NOT EXCUSED! you had a date with fishing that you bailed on lol. and it wasnt only us three. I ran into Lechuga and Jason951 so there! there was probably more people too, people that I didnt end up talking too. I kept getting waved at by someone I didnt recognize but they seemed to recognize me. Anways Im gonna try and make it out there this weekend with my game face on. Jedi I just hope that you got laid after that date.....

joebass
04-25-2009, 10:51 AM
i just went by the park and i think jedi is on the lake with his boat.theres 2 out there. ill be back out there later since i couldnt be there last nite with u guys. :Crying:

JediMindTricks
04-25-2009, 04:11 PM
u see me?
i just got back. carp was biting.
as for the bass, loservill for me. nothin!

BassLady
04-25-2009, 05:48 PM
Me and Basslady will team up and take everyones dough!!!

Pete:Cool:

heck yea!!!!! Thats what Im talking about :) I think nobody would show up though if they knew we were fishing. Theyd all get scared off knowing that they didnt stand a chance lol

JediMindTricks
04-25-2009, 07:15 PM
this **** is on like donky kong........:Evil:

Sparky70
04-25-2009, 08:57 PM
They still got those TWEEKERS at Fairmount park? :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop:

old pudd fisher
04-25-2009, 10:38 PM

They make me feel uncomfortable, thats why I don't go thier and I live close. I here it has got better. Is that so?:Surprised:

JediMindTricks
04-25-2009, 10:59 PM
i never have problems at fairmont. some people are wierd. deal with it..... most are really friendly.

old pudd fisher
04-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Thanks hope to see ya thier sometime.

BassLady
04-26-2009, 08:44 AM

if youre talking about the homeless tweekers, those people are the nicest people there. I talk to them every time I go there and one of em even game me good advice on catching bass because his personal best was 11lbs! And suprisingly when he gave me that advice he didnt tell me to use live bait. Ive seen him there trying to catch crawdads with chicken to use as bait though but even then I dont care, hes homeless. I also know that one time DFG rolled through there and he didnt have a license and had to quickly toss his pole in the water. Im sure he got it back but ever since then Ive wanted to buy him a fishing license .

Maybe theyre not as nice to other people as they are to me but Ive never seen them give trouble to anyone. Theyve always been very kind and it makes me really sad to see that people are so quick to judge :Sad:

joebass
04-26-2009, 09:25 AM
tweekers? where? boy those were the days!!!! it used to be worst 5-7 years ago. that park has cleaned up alot. everyone there is cool and dont bother anyone. its the drunks that get loud and crazy. :EyePop::EyePop::EyePop::Angry::Angry::ROFL::ROFL: :ROFL::ROFL:

JediMindTricks
04-26-2009, 09:28 AM
BassLady is the only wierdo there i hear........ :)

BassLady
04-26-2009, 09:37 AM
well ill probably be heading out there in an hr or two with my fingers crossed. Ive been gettin skunked lately

i got some new toys i wanna try out

The Angler
04-26-2009, 10:11 AM
if youre talking about the homeless tweekers, those people are the nicest people there. I talk to them every time I go there and one of em even game me good advice on catching bass because his personal best was 11lbs! And suprisingly when he gave me that advice he didnt tell me to use live bait. Ive seen him there trying to catch crawdads with chicken to use as bait though but even then I dont care, hes homeless. I also know that one time DFG rolled through there and he didnt have a license and had to quickly toss his pole in the water. Im sure he got it back but ever since then Ive wanted to buy him a fishing license .

Maybe theyre not as nice to other people as they are to me but Ive never seen them give trouble to anyone. Theyve always been very kind and it makes me really sad to see that people are so quick to judge :Sad:

Basslady u seem like a really cool down to earth person with a huge heart to want to do that for someone in need. Good for you, As for the lake it aint bad at all. Of course if you go looking for the bad stuff your gonna find it. Its the same at every public city park lake no matter where u go. Just go fish & mind your buisness and all shall be fine.:Wink:

JediMindTricks
04-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Basslady u seem like a really cool down to earth person with a huge heart to want to do that for someone in need. Good for you, As for the lake it aint bad at all. Of course if you go looking for the bad stuff your gonna find it. Its the same at every public city park lake no matter where u go. Just go fish & mind your buisness and all shall be fine.:Wink:

enough said.

fishmounter
04-26-2009, 11:48 AM
I've NEVER had any trouble there. Everyone is cool and friendly. I

wethook
04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
I used to be skeert of Fairmont Park. It is allot better than it used to be.
I think I will be there later today... Got a newsecretextraspecialbitchen lure.
Gonna catch all the bass in the lake.:ROFL:

joebass
04-26-2009, 03:13 PM
I used to be skeert of Fairmont Park. It is allot better than it used to be.
I think I will be there later today... Got a newsecretextraspecialbitchen lure.
Gonna catch all the bass in the lake.:ROFL: there ya go.good luck out there. :EyePop: :Secret: :ROFL:

wethook
04-26-2009, 03:48 PM
LOL.....

I'm waiting for my BF and my son's father to quit bonding in the garage....
Grrrrrrrrrr. They just don't seem to understand I have a new lure to try out.
There is fishing to be done!!!!

Lechuga
04-26-2009, 05:44 PM
I heard there was some jerk going around scaring the crap out of people today......be careful guys,

BassLady
04-26-2009, 06:24 PM
I heard there was some jerk going around scaring the crap out of people today......be careful guys,

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Youre a punk @$$ you know that. You cant go sneaking up and honking on people like that. If i woulda got my hook in my hand, so help me, Id punch you in the throat with my good one. You made me jump outta my skin....sucker

JediMindTricks
04-26-2009, 10:30 PM
so did you two have any luck??

DirtyHarry3
04-27-2009, 01:12 PM
If you don't mind, I'd like to be included in your shinanigins. It's been a very long time since I fished fairmont.
I just got back from fishing for Calico Bass at Catalina. Now I got the itch big time. We were using huge swimbaits that I used to use for bass at Perris. Check out the fatty below. Lemme tell you, even with 30 lb mono and a rod rated for 100lb Spectra, these Calico's put up a fight like no other. I guarantee I'd get spooled on a regular bass setup.
http://www.bloodydecks.com/forums/members/dirtyharry3-albums-fishing-pics-picture4856-my-biggest-calico-date-4-25-09.jpg

I'm always at the golf course there flirting with the chick at the register. Might as well do something better with my time like fishing across the street. But then again she likes to fish too. I'm all for it when it comes to getting the Ladies out there soakin line.

The Angler
04-27-2009, 03:53 PM
I'm always at the golf course there flirting with the chick at the register. Might as well do something better with my time like fishing across the street. But then again she likes to fish too. I'm all for it when it comes to getting the Ladies out there soakin line.

I guess thats why u call ya self dirt harry?:ROFL:

Lechuga
04-27-2009, 04:26 PM
:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Youre a punk @$$ you know that. You cant go sneaking up and honking on people like that. If i woulda got my hook in my hand, so help me, Id punch you in the throat with my good one. You made me jump outta my skin....sucker

Shiver me timbers !:ROFL: Kiss your mother with that mouth ?!
Sorry, I couldn't help myself. I'm glad you didn't poke yourself though...

wethook
04-28-2009, 01:30 AM
I got to go to Bass Pros in Ontario today!!
Got a new pole and a handful of new lures!
Hehehe...
My Bday is next weekend and the BF spoils me. :Big Grin:
I am certain I will catch ALL the bass in that stinkin' lake now.

(joebass)--> skeert means scared. 'sposed to be funny.

JediMindTricks
04-28-2009, 08:03 AM
good luck wethook!
everytime i goto basspro, i spend atLEAST 60 bucks on new plastics and ****. I still cant catch a bass........ lol.

JediMindTricks
04-28-2009, 10:05 AM
i surrender. who wants to teach me to bass fish?!?!?!
i was out this morning for about 20 minutes, when the biggest backlash ive ever had ended my day.

ghetto dad
04-28-2009, 10:09 AM
i was out this morning for about 20 minutes, when the biggest backlash ive ever had ended my day.

hit up fishindude...he is the park bass KING!!!!

GD

fishmounter
04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Jedi... That's why I fish almost entirely with a spinning rod. I do bring along a baitcaster once in a while, but usually just use my old trusty Conolon rod and Daiwa SS 1300 Spinning reel, which I think has one of the smoothest and best drag systems of any spinning reel made. And You need a good drag there at Fairmont!

fishmounter
04-28-2009, 06:10 PM
ghetto dad....You said Fishindude. Does he fish Fairmont too?

JediMindTricks
04-28-2009, 06:41 PM
Jedi... That's why I fish almost entirely with a spinning rod. I do bring along a baitcaster once in a while, but usually just use my old trusty Conolon rod and Daiwa SS 1300 Spinning reel, which I think has one of the smoothest and best drag systems of any spinning reel made. And You need a good drag there at Fairmont!

you know, im starting to lean more towards my spinning rod setups more and more. im more accurate with my baitcaster, but have less problems with my spinning reel. i dunno.

im still waiting to see you in action. i know i can learn something from ya. your probly there even befor me??

fishmounter
04-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Yeah, I'm there sometimes before daylight. But I'm a line watcher and I cannot see the slight twitch of a bass bite in the dark, and if I can feel the tug of Mrs. bass, she can feel me too, and if so, she usually drops the bait. (I don't actually use "bait", but plastic artificials... that everyone now calls bait..go figure..) I have caught a few fish when it's dark, but most of my fish come after the sun is on the water.

bassman
04-28-2009, 07:39 PM
It sure sounds like everyone has a blast there at fairmount. I've fished there a few times a couple years back and did o.k. Haven't been there in a while, sounds like I might be hitting it up in the near future.

JediMindTricks
04-28-2009, 08:12 PM
It sure sounds like everyone has a blast there at fairmount. I've fished there a few times a couple years back and did o.k. Haven't been there in a while, sounds like I might be hitting it up in the near future.

well.......... its free, local and you "can" catch fish there...... if u know whats up. haha :Wink:

ScottS
04-28-2009, 10:36 PM

well you need to start by setting your reel properly. have you messed with the brakes? you should have to adjust the little dial deal everytime you change your bait. if you press the button on the reel the bait should barely drop. too tight it wont drop, too loose and the bait will drop like a rock.

also you can spool up the whole reel then let out like 60 yards and put tape over the spooled up line that is left. worse case you only birds nest up 60 yards. makes it much easier to get rid of birds nests, but avoiding them better is a good option too.

wethook
04-28-2009, 10:42 PM
I watched two guys catch handfulls of carp today...with hotdog buns.
I of course was skunked with my brand new ugly stick...lol

bassman
04-29-2009, 06:44 AM
well.......... its free, local and you "can" catch fish there...... if u know whats up. haha :Wink:

It might take me a trip or two, but I'm sure I'll get a few.

joebass
04-29-2009, 07:31 AM

dont worry wethook/soon you will get a good looking bass on your ugly stick.till then soak a hot dog bun? :Sad: :ROFL: oh do you know what would be cool? BOAT RACE'S AT THE LAKE!!!!:Secret: where did your b/f get his?

JediMindTricks
04-29-2009, 08:30 AM
well you need to start by setting your reel properly. have you messed with the brakes? you should have to adjust the little dial deal everytime you change your bait. if you press the button on the reel the bait should barely drop. too tight it wont drop, too loose and the bait will drop like a rock.

also you can spool up the whole reel then let out like 60 yards and put tape over the spooled up line that is left. worse case you only birds nest up 60 yards. makes it much easier to get rid of birds nests, but avoiding them better is a good option too.

im using pretty good line. so i spooled up maybe 75 yards in regular ol cheap line, then tied some good **** to it and spooled the rest. so that if a backlash happens, im not losing to much good line. im acually getting really good with my baitcaster, i think i just caught a gust of wind and i got a birdsnest out of it. I heard about the tape thing, just havn't tried it.

ive never been taught anything about fishing, just stuff i picked up on my own. but bass fishing is different, i dont seem to be going anywhere without help. im just not sure about anything, it would be nice to fish with someone who knows whats up. u know what i mean?

plus i have never fished for bass anywhere other than fairmont, and i hear its really hard there. who knows. maybe its just me.

JediMindTricks
04-29-2009, 08:32 AM

i catch carp and trout with hot dog buns. any bread will work, but hot dog buns ball up and stay balled for longer. good bait. the inside of pizza crust is the best though.

Lechuga
04-29-2009, 10:19 AM
im using pretty good line. so i spooled up maybe 75 yards in regular ol cheap line, then tied some good **** to it and spooled the rest. so that if a backlash happens, im not losing to much good line. im acually getting really good with my baitcaster, i think i just caught a gust of wind and i got a birdsnest out of it. I heard about the tape thing, just havn't tried it.

ive never been taught anything about fishing, just stuff i picked up on my own. but bass fishing is different, i dont seem to be going anywhere without help. im just not sure about anything, it would be nice to fish with someone who knows whats up. u know what i mean?

plus i have never fished for bass anywhere other than fairmont, and i hear its really hard there. who knows. maybe its just me.

Keep at it jedi, When I first got by baitcaster, I got to the point where I hated the freakin thing. Now I feel weird going back to my spinning reel. I only use it for finessing plastics now. Keep at it and focus grasshopper !

Lechuga
04-29-2009, 10:22 AM

I remember when I first got on here posting about fairmont and everyone clowned on it. Now everyone wants to visit the ugly duckling ! Go Figure.

wethook
04-29-2009, 08:09 PM
dont worry wethook/soon you will get a good looking bass on your ugly stick.till then soak a hot dog bun? :Sad: :ROFL: oh do you know what would be cool? BOAT RACE'S AT THE LAKE!!!!:Secret: where did your b/f get his?

I dunno...hobby store i 'spose. He is into RC cars.

ScottS
04-30-2009, 07:31 PM

no its not you. bass fishing is a totally different deal. Ive been stream fishing for trout since I was like 10. my uncle and older cousins are very good fishermen and I stunk for a while. We have been all up and down the west coast up into montana and everywhere in between, and Ive caught every type of trout you could think of. All the tough stuff like having the pole in your teeth as you finish up the last 100yards of a climb to some obscure lake in the whitney portal at 10,000ft elevation. using 1lb test and all the tricks in the bag. I would regularly go up to local mountains and just pull the little trout right out of the stream where people had been trying for hours. I can honestly say bass fishing has got to be 10X as hard as trying to catch trout... Ive fished for the last 5 years or so casually with my uncle who is now a competitive bass guy and has done very well in some tournys, and I havent caught a damn thing until last weekend.
the hardest part - aside from getting the right bait and whatnot - is feeling the bite. I just realized how often I was getting hit without even knowing it.

I had a great teacher in my uncle and I still suck.... Try and find someone that really knows their stuff and go fishing with them. at least youll have a better start the whole situation.

ScottS
04-30-2009, 07:32 PM
I remember when I first got on here posting about fairmont and everyone clowned on it. Now everyone wants to visit the ugly duckling ! Go Figure.

I think its cause people say its hard to catch fish there. people are just trying to get some FNN street cred lol.

JediMindTricks
04-30-2009, 08:29 PM
......I just realized how often I was getting hit without even knowing it.

thats my biggest fear. :Shocked:

ScottS
04-30-2009, 10:16 PM
thats my biggest fear. :Shocked:

why would that be a fear? Keep your lines tight and pay attention to what is going on. dont be afraid to set the hook. I always thought it was silly because my uncle was always setting the hook. well he catches a hell of a lot of fish that way. I was pitching and flipping tooles and I didnt realize how many hits I was getting on the way down. bass will grab the bait in their mouth and very quickly realize that its plastic and not food. well if you werent paying attention you probably missed it alltogether.

JediMindTricks
05-01-2009, 08:03 AM
any of you fish this park in the morning?!?!

Lechuga
05-01-2009, 09:48 AM
I think its cause people say its hard to catch fish there. people are just trying to get some FNN street cred lol.
Street cred ! :ROFL: I'm an OG then

BassLady
05-01-2009, 02:23 PM
this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^ totally not OG....
but hey what do i know, thats just the w3rd on the str33ts lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Lechuga
05-01-2009, 02:42 PM
this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^ totally not OG....
but hey what do i know, thats just the w3rd on the str33ts lol :ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

your killin me ! Your just mad cause I caught you slippin :ROFL:

JediMindTricks
05-03-2009, 08:57 AM
headed to fairmont right now! teach you mofos how to catch some bass!!
anyone wanna join me? look for my truck........ black lifted f150 supercrew......

wethook
05-03-2009, 09:30 PM
sooo... how'd it go?
I was there yesterday with my boy...and caught nothin' as usual.
Got skunked at Perris the day before too.
Baaah!:mad:

fishmounter
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
Wethook, I can tell you where you and your boy can catch fish at Perris right now and it's from the shore. If you want to know..PM me

bigblant
05-03-2009, 09:57 PM
I am heading over Monday at about noon, if anyone else is going to be there look for the beat up blue pickup over near the tank and feel free to say 'hi'

JediMindTricks
05-04-2009, 07:20 AM
didn't catch any bass. carp are still biting though, fairmont regular Larry caught a 20lber. he probly tried to sell it to one of you. lol.

im headed down again right now, got some new lures that should produce. pics later hopefully.

Lechuga
05-04-2009, 11:07 AM
Use the force !!!!:ROFL:

JediMindTricks
05-04-2009, 12:02 PM
the Force was not with me today brotha......

i hit the golf course and fairmont.
i was trying out some top water stuff today and seen a huge LM come charging for it, but didn't strike. I followed him around the pond and noticed there were atleast 3 more! none interested in my bait today though........ just curious.

wethook
05-04-2009, 01:01 PM
what the heck is a "LM"?

joebass
05-04-2009, 01:18 PM
im thinking large mouth wethook.how have u been lately? no luck yet at the park?

wethook
05-04-2009, 01:52 PM
Ohhhhhhh.....duh @ large mouth.

jbassc
05-04-2009, 02:53 PM

I heard theres a bunch of tweekers and homos that hang out at fairmount after dark.

JediMindTricks
05-04-2009, 03:05 PM
everyone has heard that...

i acually went down there the other night for a little night fishing. there was hardly anyone there, couple people just sitting in there cars but im not noisy so who knows what they were doing. i acually ran into a friend. the security rolled up on us, told us it was cool and we could stay. Cops came and told us to go home, but we just stayed anyways and they never came back.

im sure theres some gay **** going on at every park man, and im sure theres hundreds of tweekers out at night.... there tweekers!

that **** is life. get used to it..............

JediMindTricks
05-04-2009, 03:09 PM
point is......

your not gunna roll up and see a bunch of tweekers rolling speed pipes in large crowds.
and your not gunna roll up and see a hundred queers blowing each other in the park.

mind your buisness and usually nothing happens. lol

lunkerking
05-04-2009, 05:28 PM
I used to go there almost every night and the only problem I ever had was some drunk guy got mad at me for laughing at him when he fell in the lake... LOL. Caught quite a few fish there over the years.

jbassc
05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
point is......

your not gunna roll up and see a bunch of tweekers rolling speed pipes in large crowds.
and your not gunna roll up and see a hundred queers blowing each other in the park.

mind your buisness and usually nothing happens. lol

I hope i dont see that s##t and if queers would be doing that crap around me i would just have to knock someone out but your right on one thing my your own business and no one will mess with you.The only reason i said what i said is because alot of people i know that fish there are always talking about it.

JediMindTricks
05-05-2009, 06:54 AM
I hope i dont see that s##t and if queers would be doing that crap around me i would just have to knock someone out but your right on one thing my your own business and no one will mess with you.The only reason i said what i said is because alot of people i know that fish there are always talking about it.

yeah i gotcha. its like a myth that people been saying for decades. i heard that **** when i was like 12 and the story continues till this day.

hey i finally go back to work today everyone. im leaving the fishing to you guys........

wethook
05-05-2009, 01:40 PM
I spent 7hours at Fairmont this morning.
I had so many bites early on that I couldnt stop. My wrist is actually kinda sore. LOL
Lost my best lure to tree after spending an hour trying to get it out.
But had a great time so its all good.

DirtyHarry3
05-05-2009, 02:32 PM
what kind of bait you using?

JediMindTricks
05-05-2009, 06:47 PM
omg wethook........ and did u catch anything?
eek, maybe i shouldn't ask?

castle
05-05-2009, 07:49 PM
Late Report: Fished there on 5/4 and fished by the red wood building. Farmed 1 little bass and caught 1 hand size bluegill. I didnt see anyone from tis site though. Was there between 11:00 and noon. Keep at em people!

JediMindTricks
05-05-2009, 07:59 PM
way to go castle.
alot of people are getting skunked there and dont want to fish it for whatever reason. but it only makes me want to catch them more!

The Angler
05-06-2009, 12:56 AM
My cousin & his dad went yesterday the said they caught 2 cats and 3 really small trout

wethook
05-06-2009, 02:23 PM
omg wethook........ and did u catch anything?
eek, maybe i shouldn't ask?

Its allllll good, I learn something new each time. I dont care that I get skunked. I know that bass fishing is an art and I will keep at it.

Actually I watched a thing on TV last night that clarified a few rookie-ish things for me. So I can't wait to get back at it.
:Smack: <----- i jes' think dats' fuhunny.

joebass
05-06-2009, 04:48 PM
its allllll good, i learn something new each time. I dont care that i get skunked. I know that bass fishing is an art and i will keep at it.

Actually i watched a thing on tv last night that clarified a few rookie-ish things for me. So i can't wait to get back at it.
:smack: <----- i jes' think dats' fuhunny. boy if that doesnt remind me of my ex wife when i would stay out all night fishing :ROFL: :EyePop:

NICKYMOUSE8
05-06-2009, 06:11 PM
I have a question for any Fair mount local cool enough to give me info I have never there I fish L egg lakes. so cal premier poacher destination don't worry im strictly C&R is there a lot of trees around behind you on the shoreline??will I be able to back cast??pm for directions will greatly appreciate it maybe we can fish together or meet up there sometime I fish artificial s mostly bass so any tips or advice will be great:Neutral:

bigblant
05-06-2009, 07:16 PM
Me and my son spent the day at fairmont fishing in both evans and lake fairmont. We both got skunked :Crying: oh well - maybe next time.

fishmounter
05-06-2009, 07:23 PM
NICKYMOUSE8... There are trees, but most of them are right at the waterline. However most do hang over the water and are above you. Fly fishing is possible, if you are a good caster and can roll cast. There are some open areas though.
Bigblant!... Hey man, how are you doing? I owe you a PM. Sorry about that. I'll get to it ASAP... What? No fish? That's impossible at Fairmont!... Ha-ha! JK...

JediMindTricks
05-06-2009, 07:45 PM
i guess the best thing about fishing fairmont and getting skunked is......

you didn't have to pay to get skunked!!!!

JediMindTricks
05-06-2009, 11:27 PM
Its allllll good, I learn something new each time. I dont care that I get skunked. I know that bass fishing is an art and I will keep at it.

Actually I watched a thing on TV last night that clarified a few rookie-ish things for me. So I can't wait to get back at it.
:Smack: <----- i jes' think dats' fuhunny.

too funny. your like right behind me in this bass fishing world......

i have my DVR set to record all "city limit fishing", Bass Pro shows, "hunt for big fish" and anything to do with Bassmasters.

im getting sicker and sicker about fishing everyday. be careful. :Shocked:

first i started watching and recording TV shows........ Than,
i spent hundreds on lures, plastics, hooks, rods, etc...
a few hundred on a Reel.... Than,
i bought a boat without having a truck. than,
i traded in my favorite car to buy a truck, all so i can get my tiny *** 12ft boat to the water. Now,
im really close to buying a REAL bass fishing boat from bass pro shop.

it might be a problem?

BassLady
05-07-2009, 06:32 AM
too funny. your like right behind me in this bass fishing world......

i have my DVR set to record all "city limit fishing", Bass Pro shows, "hunt for big fish" and anything to do with Bassmasters.

im getting sicker and sicker about fishing everyday. be careful. :Shocked:

first i started watching and recording TV shows........ Than,
i spent hundreds on lures, plastics, hooks, rods, etc...
a few hundred on a Reel.... Than,
i bought a boat without having a truck. than,
i traded in my favorite car to buy a truck, all so i can get my tiny *** 12ft boat to the water. Now,
im really close to buying a REAL bass fishing boat from bass pro shop.

it might be a problem?

lol slow your roll all that stuff dont matter if you still aint catching fish lhahahaha

id hold off on the real bass boat, your gonna be to broke too afford gas to the lake lol

anyways gonna try and hit fairmount maybe later this evening. I dunno though I have to work in morongo valley today.....ick:Sad:
im gonna try my best, i need to get me some fish

JediMindTricks
05-07-2009, 07:36 AM
lol slow your roll all that stuff dont matter if you still aint catching fish lhahahaha

id hold off on the real bass boat, your gonna be to broke too afford gas to the lake lol

anyways gonna try and hit fairmount maybe later this evening. I dunno though I have to work in morongo valley today.....ick:Sad:
im gonna try my best, i need to get me some fish

ouch! not catching bass huh? :Evil:
i got a report coming for you girly!
i had a slow start. but than again the only place i had ever fished for bass was fairmont. ive expanded.
lets just say i got the best bass fisherman in riverside on my side. :Twisted:

maybe i'll see you out there tonight. im headed down there now.....

wethook
05-07-2009, 07:51 AM
boy if that doesnt remind me of my ex wife when i would stay out all night fishing :ROFL: :EyePop:

Huh???
You lost me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went ninja fishing last night...hehehe I almost had one this time. He got off the hook about 10' from me.
:Fishing Hole:we had so much fun.

NICKYMOUSE8
05-07-2009, 08:11 AM
NICKYMOUSE8... There are trees, but most of them are right at the waterline. However most do hang over the water and are above you. Fly fishing is possible, if you are a good caster and can roll cast. There are some open areas though.
Bigblant!... Hey man, how are you doing? I owe you a PM. Sorry about that. I'll get to it ASAP... What? No fish? That's impossible at Fairmont!... Ha-ha! JK...Thanx a million fishmounter maybe see you around there when I go ill probably be the only guy with a fly rod my name is Nick:Big Grin:

JediMindTricks
05-07-2009, 10:36 AM
just got back from fairmont. There was probly more bass out than i have ever seen at my spot and not just the babies that are usually there. The big ones ive been trying to catch all this time!

so i knew i didn't need the spinner bait this time, and i knew the big ones wouldnt hit it anyways. i just bought some new bullet weights so i decided to break out some plastics and put them to work finally.

Second cast, i feel my line slighty tighten up exactly how it would when i get caught on some branches or something, so i let the line loose so i can free it and all the sudden the line starts taking off to the left really really fast, so i set the hook and BAM, the biggest bass comes splashing out of the water, and im reeling it in, he's pulling, im reeling, back and forth and maybe 5 ft from me...... .. he gets off.

i reel in and notice the hook tip barley came through the plastic, i barely had that fish on and was doomed from the start. the plastic was too tuff in that spot and it kept me from properly setting the hook. i was pissed but i fixed the problem, casted out in the same spot, other spots, changed plastics, tried the spinner bait afterall. and nothing.

it was funny cause i was fishing to my right for maybe 10 minutes in one spot. i look to my left and there was literally 4-5 bass just sitting there very very close, all facing my direction as if they were just looking at me. the jig was up, lol. packed my **** up and left.

joebass
05-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Huh???
You lost me.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I went ninja fishing last night...hehehe I almost had one this time. He got off the hook about 10' from me.
:Fishing Hole:we had so much fun.

wethook- lost? i was talking about your little cartoon you put up of slapping in your post. that was me getting slapped walking in the door after an all nighter. go back to your last post you'll see what i mean.that is cool.still need to get out there and meet you guys.i live by bass pros so its a drive. btw are they planting cats there yet? talk to ya soon.how's the b/f boat doing.still taking it out?

wethook
05-07-2009, 03:21 PM
ohhhhhhh @ the slapping cartoon.

jedi when i was there the other morning a nd the silt wasn't stirred up yet, i saw big bass right by me too. taunting me. lol

Mrmedia
05-07-2009, 04:03 PM
LOL don't stay past dark I heard people kill people down there and dump the body in the lake. CARP and CATFISH full on human flesh. YUM YUM!!!!!!!

JediMindTricks
05-07-2009, 05:33 PM
LOL don't stay past dark I heard people kill people down there and dump the body in the lake. CARP and CATFISH full on human flesh. YUM YUM!!!!!!!

no no no silly. they scrape the dead bodies out every first and third wednesday...........

:ROFL:

joebass
05-08-2009, 07:37 AM
no no no silly. they scrape the dead bodies out every first and third wednesday...........

:ROFL: jedi hows the fishing been there?slow i bet.are you taking the boat out there this week end? ill b there 2nite

NICKYMOUSE8
05-08-2009, 08:12 AM
ohhhhhhh @ the slapping cartoon.

jedi when i was there the other morning a nd the silt wasn't stirred up yet, i saw big bass right by me too. taunting me. lolExcuse me wet hook I was wondering does Fair mount have much deep water or isit real shallow??

joebass
05-08-2009, 09:40 AM
i think the water is no deeper then 8-10 feetat the most

wethook
05-08-2009, 01:29 PM

I dont ninja fish at fairmont....

joebass
05-08-2009, 02:19 PM
I dont ninja fish at fairmont....

i do and its not bad there.it is quiet. no problems fishing is better too>

JediMindTricks
05-08-2009, 04:48 PM
i was at fairmont last night till about 10 or something with the BG Champ. :)
peacful, quiet, had a couple bites but didnt land anything.

also hit DVL this morning, not a big enough day to make a thread about. about 3 bass were caught than the weather changed and no more action. Learned a massive amount of stuff today from my friend which made the day all worth it.

other than that, hows everyone doing? :)

The Angler
05-09-2009, 10:42 AM
HIt Fairmount last night. My cousin his dad & mine were all down there since 6:00 p.m. i got there around 10:30 p.m. it was really quite and peacefull when i was going in i saw a cop coming out. He didnt stop me or anything so at that point i knew it was going to be ok to fish. Rolled up to the spot where there were at and walked over to the Golf Course pond and first cast I caught something i think it might have been my first bass ever but while i was trying to land it the fish wiggled of my lure. Went back to were evryone was for the skunk.

It was pretty cool out there ill definitly go there again for some night fishing when they stock the cats

basscat001
05-12-2009, 10:49 AM
from what ive seen there,,,,,,,the"salami smugglers" like to congregate near the rose garden,,,,,but I just mean mug them and they dont mess with me....anyone hitting up the lake today??....I'll probably be hitting up tha lilly's....RIBIT!!

The Angler
05-18-2009, 03:07 PM
from what ive seen there,,,,,,,the"salami smugglers" like to congregate near the rose garden,,,,,but I just mean mug them and they dont mess with me....anyone hitting up the lake today??....I'll probably be hitting up tha lilly's....RIBIT!!

Salami sluggers Wtf is that? i dont get it?

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-18-2009, 03:16 PM
salami sluggers thats classic..and your avatar is the furies from the 80's cult classic "WARRIORS":ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: or am i reading this wrong???

The Angler
05-18-2009, 03:21 PM
salami sluggers thats classic..and your avatar is the furies from the 80's cult classic "WARRIORS":ROFL::ROFL::ROFL::ROFL: or am i reading this wrong???

LMAO so is he refereing to the Prostatutes being the salamin slugger? :ROFL:

lunkerking
05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
I'm sure he said smugglers.... LOL I guess they could be prostituting too.

joebass
05-18-2009, 04:18 PM
i doubt if there female prostitutes from what i have heard :ROFL:

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-18-2009, 08:22 PM
Salami must be in high demand at the these days. Especially if smuggling is the case...

wethook
05-19-2009, 02:17 AM
those arent prostitutes! those are promiscuiss (sp?) altrenative lifestyling men that drive lap after lap around that lake looking for like minded individuals for the makings of a salami sandwich...
bleh.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-19-2009, 02:34 AM
If you are in that park that late your looking for something...geez haven't you seen "something about mary" that was filmed in fairmont..LOL

joebass
05-19-2009, 06:23 AM
those arent prostitutes! those are promiscuiss (sp?) altrenative lifestyling men that drive lap after lap around that lake looking for like minded individuals for the makings of a salami sandwich...
bleh.

well said WETHOOK.im a nascar fan and that park at times could be caled ===== THE FAIRMONT 500=========== :ROFL: HEY AT LEAST THEY WONT POACH THE FISH. THEY HATE FISH TACO"S HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Angler
05-19-2009, 11:58 AM
bleh.

HAhaha I hate it when I cant find anywhere to park so im making laps around the lake over & over People start to stare. I feel like im doing something wrong. :ROFL:

lunkerking
05-20-2009, 02:30 PM
No fish tacos for them for sure. Only smuggling and smoking salami... LOL. All kidding aside I've been there a million times at night and have never had any problems and that was before it got better.

joebass
05-20-2009, 04:48 PM
ya it is ok. no problems.you get a few that will drive by and offer their services but they won't dare stop. i noticed alot less cops there now also from a few years ago. all in all it is a safe place in my eyes.

wethook
05-20-2009, 07:40 PM
If you are in that park that late your looking for something...geez haven't you seen "something about mary" that was filmed in fairmont..LOL

i dont remember, refresh my memory,... and I dont go there that late, i have been there very early.

BIG*GAME*HUNTER
05-20-2009, 07:59 PM
if you watched the movie theres a part where stiler gets out of his car and takes a pis at some rest stop and trips over somthing in the dark it was gay dudes..well you know the rest.

basscat001
07-10-2009, 04:44 PM
yup thats right ya'll...