PDA

View Full Version : BBL shore fishing question

JHDucky
04-21-2009, 03:18 PM
I was wondering if along the north shore if you pull out on one of the little turn outs if you need to have a Forest Service Adventure Pass? I asked at a couple of places in town and no-one really knew for sure.
Thanks for the help.
JHDucky

HANG'IN ONE
04-22-2009, 10:03 AM
Technically you need an adventure pass, they sell them in Fawnskin about 2 miles further on North shore road. I've never been asked for one in the 12 years I've been going there but thats the law.

I was up there last Thurs. & Fri. trolling caught lots of fish
on the Fire tiger Rapalas.

Tight lines!

seal
04-22-2009, 10:12 AM
From what I was told you do not need one if parked on the Lake side of the road. If you drive up the forest service roads you definitely need one, but you will not get a ticket if parked next to the lake.

At least that's the way it's been for the last several years. If you notice over by Grout Bay there is a parking/day use area (picnicing, bbq's etc..) that is posted Adventure Pass needed. So the pass is only needed where it is posted on the lake.

HANG'IN ONE
04-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Thanks for the info Seal, how often do you fish BBL?

JHDucky
04-22-2009, 01:11 PM
Thanks seal and Hang'in one for your replys. I noticed as I was driving around the lake I didn't see anything on the windshields. I hope to get up there at least once a month, after I eat more if the Corona Lake trout in my freezer. At least until I get a new job I will try to fish weekdays when the crowds or lighter.

seal
04-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the info Seal, how often do you fish BBL?

Will be up there next weekend for sure! Unfortunately gotta house sit this weekend or I'd be there this weekend.

Usually get up there a couple times a month, float tube and fly fishing.

If I'm not there though it's Silverwood!

HANG'IN ONE
04-22-2009, 03:19 PM
I'll look for you next time Im out trolling the north shore. Going up on Memorial weekend, camping @ Serrano going to try & get those hold overs & the left overs from the Trout classic for 4 days.

Tight lines!

BBL2Baja
04-22-2009, 07:21 PM
If you are parked adjacent to the state highways (18/38), you do not need a forest adventure pass. All of that area is zoned residential or is county land. You do need to have a FAP on Nat'l Forest land.

Later,
Scott